2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
I agree 100% im just hoping they will be cleared out of the obsticals before the front running utvs get to them

Since we are both hitting one of the pits twice, it's possible he is making us do a big loop over the same obstacles twice. If that's the case, we will ALL hit traffic. Slower UTV's and slower EMC cars.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Since we are both hitting one of the pits twice, it's possible he is making us do a big loop over the same obstacles twice. If that's the case, we will ALL hit traffic. Slower UTV's and slower EMC cars.
Pretty sure we will not hit the same obstacle twice. The 2 and 2A should be heading up into a trail (2), then looping back down and hitting the alternate pit (2A) on the way back out. That is how it was last year. One pit but two different mile markers.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Boys...

Just got off the phone with Dave Cole. I can't disclose the whole conversation but he made it very clear to me that every single UTV should have a winch that is planing on racing this year.

He told me two little words that i cant repeat proving to me he knows what he's talking about!!!

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Boys...

Just got off the phone with Dave Cole. I can't disclose the whole conversation but he made it very clear to me that every single UTV should have a winch that is planing on racing this year.

He told me two little words that i cant repeat proving to me he knows what he's talking about!!!
Boys?

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
Boys...

i bet one of the last 2 words ended with Hammer

07turbo

Dec 4, 2010
I heard this is a make or break the utv year......bring your "A" game :D

Not sure what an "a"game will be.

Based on Mike's post about needing a winch, sounds like we could all be stuck behind 4500 and 4600 cars. Depending on what the course is, there might not be anyway to bypass the larger cars if they are stuck or broke.

Might be great for spectators, but not so sure about the racers.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Pretty much what I heard. I think the way it was explained was that UTVs need to go to the next level or they won't be at KOH any longer. Not sure what that next level is but I would assume its going to be gnarly.
Am I the only person who remembers they way he praised utv's and the racers during the drivers meeting? Stating that we were no longer considered a side show? Do interviews, greet finishers, because we'd be featured in the official KOH video?

Now he's considering dropping us?

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
4500/4600 cars aren't as capable as 4400 cars. Sure, maybe a few are, but most are not. Anything that is impossible for a UTV will be impossible for a big percentage of cars in the EMC too.

I predict a few traffic jams.

My only concern is if all of the EMC guys give us respect, and race cleanly. They can easily punt us off course if they want, and we aren't as visible to them as they are to us, so passing them could be a little sketchy.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I heard this is a make or break the utv year......bring your "A" game :D
Unless they make the UTV race ridicilously hard I bet the UTv's are going to show they are no longer just a side show. I wish more people could see them but being on thursday is difficult for most of the spectators to see them race.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Unless they make the UTV race ridicilously hard I bet the UTv's are going to show they are no longer just a side show. I wish more people could see them but being on thursday is difficult for most of the spectators to see them race.
What would define hard for a UTV? Cause Im sure its gonna be defined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000