2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

yield2me

May 17, 2011
1999 in!!

This will be my 5th KOH (2nd in UTV)

We won the 700 class this year by finishing! Had big issues at the start of the race, but had clean air all day!!

See you guys there!

Rob

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
· EMC and UTV to run the same exact race course. UTV’s starting an hour after the EMC cars. 115 mile course. Two Remote Pits. Remote Pit 1 used once. Remote Pit 2/2A used twice. Main Pit used once. Longest hop between pit stops is 38 miles.

· KOH is 185 miles. Use Pit 1 once. Pit 2/2A four times. Main Pit twice.

· Both courses are more technical and longer than last year.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Here's some additional info from Dave Cole about the Hammers week. Some of this is general info and doesn't apply to UTV class. If you want a reserved garage spot get your entry in now and get it reserved...

To: All Teams and Drivers
Date: November 27th, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope you are all well. With Turkey Day behind us and Christmas around the corner we are getting close to the first week in February. I wanted to take the time to let you know some things you can expect from the event this year. Please read this thoroughly.

• · Slight tweak to the name… It is officially the 2013 Griffin King of the Hammers presented by Nitto Tire
  • · While we are mentioning new marketing partners, I hope you all like Red Bull, stay tuned for more information on this development
  • · We will have a kids play zone (bouncy house and such) in Hammertown
  • · Bring team and sponsor stickers to registration, we will be hosting an ‘Arts and Craft’ day in the main tent where kids and adults alike can make signs supporting their favorite teams. We will be providing the poster boards and markers, they can add your stickers. Something fun and will add to the crowd experience.
  • · I don’t have a contract signed yet, but we should have a dyno in town. It will be for entertainment purposes (think $50 a pull with your trail, tow, or race rig…prizes at the end of the week). We will also be working with an Engine Tuner to be able to provide support for the racers.
  • · Motorcycles to Sunday…EMC to Thursday
  • · Qualifying for Ultra4 and LCQ on Tuesday and Wednesday… 100% live coverage starting and ending in Hammertown (Sorry EMC and UTV, I couldn’t work a course and schedule to get everyone qualifying)
  • · EMC and UTV to run the same exact race course. UTV’s starting an hour after the EMC cars. 115 mile course. Two Remote Pits. Remote Pit 1 used once. Remote Pit 2/2A used twice. Main Pit used once. Longest hop between pit stops is 38 miles.
  • · KOH is 185 miles. Use Pit 1 once. Pit 2/2A four times. Main Pit twice.
  • · Both courses are more technical and longer than last year.
  • · King of the Motos will be ~150 long for the Pros and 100 miles for the Experts.
  • · Our Live show will make further advancements next year including Live Footage from the Heli and mobile remote cameras (UTV based) so we can get the live story from out in the field.
  • · Hammertown will be fully fenced in (see attached map). You will need a wrist band to gain access to the garages at any time. You will need a wristband to get into vendor row after 6:00 PM
  • · USAC will be ready to accept payment and license applications within a week, stay tuned
  • · The attached Hammertown map shows garage locations, please email [email protected] with your top three choices of location. Please indicate if it’s the same location you had last year as that will decide any contentions. Also, please indicate your driver of record name and any other drivers that will be co-located with you.·
  • If you can share a 40×80 spot with another team, please do. We have more teams than spots.·
  • We will have online tent ordering available by tomorrow night. Tent ordering is closed on 12/31/12. Please indicate your driver of record when you order.See you on the lake bed… Dave.

yield2me

May 17, 2011
Make sure you guys all run LT tires!!

Should be a good time. 115 miles of that craziness will be fun!

Rob

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
UTV entry list as of 5 pm yesterday:

Monty Aldrich
Chris Barnett
Bill Barton
Jonas Burnett
Brian Bush
James Camps
Lyn Carstens
Lanse Chournos
Jon Crowley
Matt Enochs
Mark Eulberg
Logan Gastel
Mitch Guthrie
Paul Hart
Ken Hower
Clayton Hunt
Frank Minice
Jason Murray
Cody Nygren
Brian Rector
Nolan Remlinger
Doug Siddens
Branden Sims
Angie Sripoona
Robert Usnik
Robert Van Beekum
Frank Walsh
I know it has changed since then by at least one person, maybe 4. Add in the 54 people already paid for the EMC race, that leaves sixteen to eighteen spots left out of the 100. If you guys want to race, get your entries paid for ASAP!

I don't think it will happen, but if Dave actually does cap Thursday entries at 100, some people are not going to be able to race.

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
I see a road block coming with the EMC starting first. this wont be good

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have to say I am happy about the UTV's going off after the EMC. This will add another level of action for the fans, it may get some exposure for the fast UTV's and maybe quiet some of the people that say UTV's don't belong. Many more fans will be onsite to watch the race.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I have to say I am happy about the UTV's going off after the EMC. This will add another level of action for the fans, it may get some exposure for the fast UTV's and maybe quiet some of the people that say UTV's don't belong. Many more fans will be onsite to watch the race.
I agree 100% im just hoping they will be cleared out of the obsticals before the front running utvs get to them

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
You have a good point

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The video of the UTVs crawling over full size rigs will be awesome. Think glass half full on this one gents. This is our chance to haul some CVT ass!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000