2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Well, it's that time again! Time to start planning for the 2013 King of the Hammers. Once again SXSPerformance will be the presenting sponsor for the UTV race. We had a ball last year and can't wait to do it again this year.

There are a few changes to the format of the race this year and I wanted to give everyone an update. If there are any questions feel free to give us a ring and we'll get you taken care of.

We will be using the ISA rules again. The UTV classes for this race are Unlimited 4, Production 1000, Production 850, Production 700, and Stock.

The race will be on Thursday February 7th, 2013. This year we will be running with the Smittybuilt Everyman's challenge. They have not announced if we will be running before or after their race. As soon as I know I will let you know.

There are a total of 100 entries available for Thursday. So once they reach 100 amongst the everyman's race and the UTV race it is full. That could be 85 EMC and 15 UTVs or 85 UTVs and 15 EMC. It's a first come first serve so get your entry forms in early. Last year there were a total of about 85 cars between the UTV and EMC classes. I do know that there are more people building EMC rigs than last year so don't wait get your entry form in today!!!

The numbering system will be a little different this year. All UTVs will have a 1900 number. Because we will be on the course at the same time as other classes we will be mandating this. You will still need to follow the ISA rules for numberplate and number colors for your class. To reserve your number please contact Hammerking directly and talk to Shannon. They don't monitor the forums so asking for a number here won't get it saved for you.

The draw for starting positions will be prior to the event and not during the drivers meeting this year.

Official Tech and contingency will be on Wednesday in the Side X Side Performance booth. We will be on hand starting the Saturday before to pre tech cars and make sure everyone is ready.

The entry fee structure is different this year. There is a penalty for late entries. Please download the entry form at Ultra4racing.com. New to this year all racers (UTV, EMC, KOH) must be a member of of USAC. Fee is $50.00 for a single race or $200 for the season. This is for insurance purposes.

We will be running an IRC tracker in the UTV class and brackets will be available for purchase or rent from IRC.

Again, as we have more info we will post it here. If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or give us a ring and we will do our best to answer them.

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
One reason I liked the Hammers UTV event was the fact we didn't have to worry about the bigger cars coming up on us. Based on last years finishing times (UTV vs EMC) they should start us (UTV's) an hour earlier as we ran faster times as a group.
Any ideas on the course length? I've heard anywhere from 80 to 160 miles.
Not sure what class I'll be running, can I still submit my entry?
Cant wait!

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
Got a couple of questions. Are they only going to pay the first 3 finishing places overall like last year? If so, is the starting order of the classes going to be the same? I do hate to see the amount of utv's being limited, because this is a great event and if it is to grow (as far as utv's), it needs to have the ability to accept a larger number of utv racers, and not be limited to a combined number in both classes.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I do hate to see the amount of utv's being limited, because this is a great event and if it is to grow (as far as utv's), it needs to have the ability to accept a larger number of utv racers, and not be limited to a combined number in both classes.
Agreed completely.

Entree is $650 this year. Hopefully the extra $150 per head will buy us into the video. lol

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Got a couple of questions. Are they only going to pay the first 3 finishing places overall like last year? If so, is the starting order of the classes going to be the same? I do hate to see the amount of utv's being limited, because this is a great event and if it is to grow (as far as utv's), it needs to have the ability to accept a larger number of utv racers, and not be limited to a combined number in both classes.
Yes starting order for classes will be the same as last year.

Unlimited 4
Production 1000
Production 850
Production 700
Stock/beginner

Ultra 4 will pay our top overall spots and the ISA will have trophies for top in each class.

UTV race will start 2 hours after the EMC race on Thursday. Hopefully the backup won't be as bad as Elvis last year. LOL!

Course length and info will not be available until the Sunday before the race. I would expect the UTV classes will only be doing a single lap. What the mileage of that lap will be is unknown at this time.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
1911 here.

Rhino is gone. With any luck I'll have a solid race car by February.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
FYI guys, Shannon claims that online registration and payment options will be available soon. Please ask her about this. I would think an organization of this caliber should have this option.

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Brian, she told us it would be online in the next few days, that they had just switched merchant accounts. I assume they outsourced the website buildup so they are at the mercy of a third party for getting the shopping cart stuff switched to the new merchant account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000