R1 motor goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah.. looks great.. but what year? was that a older OEM fixed style velocity stack set up, or the 07-08 variable length velocity stack set up??

Nice work!

G-

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Looking closely, it appears to be a 02-03, with the way it attaches the throttle bodies. The way the HP drops off so hard at the shift point may be ok for that year, with a 10,500 shift point, but on later years, with another 2000 rpms to go, Id be worried. You can definetaly see the shift in peak HP from the long runners.

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Yes thats a 03 motor. The dyno shows a peak horsepower improvement of just under 20 HP at 8000 RPM and holding a power increase thru 11500 RPM where the motor is done. Perfect for short course racing. The newer motors do rev more and make more HP and it wont be much longer before results for the later stuff. Also I had a question about headers so here is a another pic.

Attachments

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Heres a R1 into Rhino header I am working on at the moment. Its designed to work with the air cleaner setup to promote a pickup in the mid-range power. Better power in the corners, less stumble from falling off the power then the big push that comes after and great off corner exit speed.

Attachments

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
Heres a R1 into Rhino header I am working on at the moment. Its designed to work with the air cleaner setup to promote a pickup in the mid-range power. Better power in the corners, less stumble from falling off the power then the big push that comes after and great off corner exit speed.
looks kool

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I got to see this piece yesterday..I pulled over while on the phone at the bottom of my hill and turns out Marty here is my neighbor..LOL...small world...saw the UTVUG wrap on the truck, pulled up and got to chatting. Good looking work! Nice meeting you Marty!

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
That is some beautiful exhaust work! Nice job.

How far out are you from having a 04-06 air cleaner?

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Things have been busy and I have not posted for awhile. I built a intake and header and some other goodies for Gary Thompson before the lucas race then built a intake for Greg Frantz to run. Both of these motors are the 07-08 years. Gary had a great weekend and a podium finish despite a few chassis issues and I think everyone knows how Gregs weekend went. Since then I have been working on getting a couple of dwarfcars running and building tooling for more intakes. So many different models to cover. With any luck there should be some dyno results for the 07-08 motors coming in the next week or so. I have not pushed for the 04 style base plates till now because of time but am pushing now and hope to have them by the end of the week.

Later, Monte

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Well im finishing up intakes for Kawasaki zx10 motors this week.
I have intake base plates for 05 style motors in stock now and will be working on them next week so the week after is good. I also need to get a few Hayabusa parts made to take to the Sand Sports Show. As for price the header as pictured is $700. Would loved to had time to do a before and after dyno session on Gary Thompsons car to show what a proper sized pair can do to increase the mid-range power. There will be some interesting dyno sessions coming up.

Thanks for the interest, Monte

MC@ Performance Fab

Jun 8, 2010
Well another busy weekend at the racetracks. For the last couple of months ive had a dwarf car testing different setups of my intake at Barona Speedway in San Diego. The first time the car hit the track with the intake was pretty special because Shane Rosson was in the same heat race. They both started in the back half of the pack and came to the front together with Gary Richardson taking the win over Shane. Thats a sweet way to get started. Gary is also leading the points in his class and we hope to wrap up a championship this season. This past weekend they went at it again while I went to Parris to check out the sprint races. The California Lighting Sprints run 1000 to 1200 cc bike motors so I took a intake with me and went up to check out the races and equipment and talk to people. Had a great evening and hope to have stuff for their next race at Ventura.
Back to work, Monte

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
Well im finishing up intakes for Kawasaki zx10 motors this week.
I have intake base plates for 05 style motors in stock now and will be working on them next week so the week after is good. I also need to get a few Hayabusa parts made to take to the Sand Sports Show. As for price the header as pictured is $700. Would loved to had time to do a before and after dyno session on Gary Thompsons car to show what a proper sized pair can do to increase the mid-range power. There will be some interesting dyno sessions coming up.

Thanks for the interest, Monte
YEA THE NEW HEDER AND INTAKE FEELS REAL GOOD I HAPPY WITH THE SET UP THANKS MONTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000