my RZR1 build

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Damn Mikey! You have been busy! I thought for sure that light bar was for your truck, since it was so long! You car is wide man!! LOL

Gunna be sick!

G-

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
picked up my powdercoated light bar and lights from Lonestar today. also swapped the rhino tires to paddles cleanned the air filter, checked all fluids and replaced one torn cv boot on my rhino now its ready to ga as a back up.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Damn mikey! You won't even have to turn on those lights, and you will be able to see at night!! LOL.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
todays update.

recieved the motor install kit from Weller Racing late friday.

made a gas pedal and shift lever

welded the motor mount kit together

installed the motor and welded in the tabs

had to rework my shoulder harness mounting bar due to it being in the way of the air filter.

also supported the rear suspension more with some bracing.

enjoy

i have a little tube work to do tomorrow then mont and plumb the radiator. also i hope to start wiring sunday night.

super tight clearance

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
This thing is gonna be an animal!!

Were you able to use the standard SR1 kit from Weller or did they modify it for you at all?

Can't wait to see this car run. Good job Mike.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
This thing is gonna be an animal!!

Were you able to use the standard SR1 kit from Weller or did they modify it for you at all?

Can't wait to see this car run. Good job Mike.
Jason made me a kit with the carrier 2" narrower than the rhino kit then he made rzr outer stub shafts with flanges for the cv's

I placed the carrier in the stock location. With the narrowed carrier and my +8 arms I should not have any cv binding issues.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i did not get all i was hoping to do tonight. we went to Harolds Corral in Cave Creekto watch a Steelers game. (i am not a football fan it was a last minute deal for my mom's b-day).

i mounted the radiator with the fan as a pusher fr now untill i get time to have tabs welded to the other side for the shroud.

i mounted the seat and tabs for the 5 point harness.

its a roller now and i am measuring for axles tomorrow and going to pick them up.

i am concerned that the rear of the car is not as heavy as the old setup and my spring rates are not correct now.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
finished all of the plumbing, filled it with fluids, made an Optima battery mount, mounted the resivoirs, mounted the muffler, cut the drivers side motor mount plate since i am mounting my shifter on the left, started the wiring.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well did not make it out of the garage. finally got it running late friday night. still missing a sprocket to make it move. friggin $15 part grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. anyways i was pissed this weekend that i cold not make it to G so i decided to lower the door bars, dash bar and hood, then redo the dash. i plan on putting the main power cut off switch and ignition switch to the left of the steering wheel and the rest of the switches in the center of the car.

i am tired of guessing of when i will actually drive this beast but will keep everyone informed as i go.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Don't worry Mike, it will be worth it the second you get her out in the desert.

Some things just take time. I like the lower door bars a lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000