Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
We did our own Custom up-rights in the front. They have enough camber in them to keep a sure footing but I think it looks a little bit exaggerated because of the big tires. Keep in mind that was at full bump and this car is pulling close to 20" of travel. Every LT situation will present Negative Camber because of the pickup points if you have Positive Camber then you might be in trouble. You should see the trucks with the I-Beam front ends talk about Camber...<O:p</O:p

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
a few more........ I love the Bogart beadlocks with BFG's!!

With a little bit of luck UTVUnderground will be with DFR at the Baja 500 covering the race from the passenger seat of a chase truck!!! FINGERS CROSSED.....
Hope you dont like sleep.

FiveFlat

May 6, 2009
Has the actual motor been unveiled in this thread yet?
I'm still sticking with a ZX motor from these photos... but Joey said that was wrong.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I was at DFR late last night watching these guys work there ass off trying to get it ready. They were all extremely good at what they do but just couldnt get everything ready to go test and tune the new car in time.
Everybody was very dissapointed but happy that they could have time to make the car perfect for when it does hit the race track.
Good luck to those who do make it down to the race.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Hans,

I sent over some info to Todd so he can build a couple new parts so you might be able to test that thing sooner then you think. Still not racing but at least we can get her down the road. He said she was bad fast!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Has the actual motor been unveiled in this thread yet?
I'm still sticking with a ZX motor from these photos... but Joey said that was wrong.
I am guessing it is one of their big watercraft engines. So what do I win?

My question is...what is the objective of this vehicle? It really has nothing to do with UTV's. Don't get me wrong, it is a wild ride but I don't get it. Is the MAG group paying for this?

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I would say the objective is to race.It is a production utv chassis with a one off motor and trans setup.

xoutlawheartx

Feb 22, 2010
Los Angeles
My question is...what is the objective of this vehicle? It really has nothing to do with UTV's. Don't get me wrong, it is a wild ride but I don't get it. Is the MAG group paying for this?
He explained the objective, in DETAIL. Go read.

It "has nothing to do with UTV's"? You're wrong.

It's none of your business who's paying for it.

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
i agree with bajaxp, this is not a utv.its one bad ass project but i dont feel it falls under a utv/sxs class. in my eyes a production frame has a motor that was produced for that frame and both being produced by the same manufacture. this doesnt fall under that or the new sr1 class. a lot of respect for the hard work and engineering for this project but it doesnt belong racing in a utv class.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
He explained the objective, in DETAIL. Go read.

It "has nothing to do with UTV's"? You're wrong.

It's none of your business who's paying for it.
If it is none of my business then why post it on a public forum. I have said it once and I will say it again...cool buggy! But...

-1300 lbs ? BITD legal with a 4 cyl PWC engine...hahaha
-115 mph? Most class 10 buggies won't go that fast with 200 hp
-My comment regarding nothing to do with UTV's is because I can't see any UTV parts on it. Stock frame rails maybe - maybe not but compare this to the spirit of the UTV class and that is why I made my comment. For all of this effort build a Class 1.
-I don't know much about Dakar rules...but in BITD and likely next year in SCORE this $80k build (my guestimate) will only be allowed to race in the Sportsman class. Kind of expensive for sportsman, don't you think?
-The Mag group owns DFR...FYI

Anyway good luck with the build. :)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I can appreciate these types of build...the argument of it being a UTV or more of a sportsman buggy is one that could go on but there has been some cars, particularly one that has been running in SCORE Baja events as a UTV and it esentially it much moe of a buggy itself. I dont see much difference in what DFR is doing vs. what Afradium has been doing with their trailing armed RC51 powered "Rhino"........just sayin.....great debate however. Last year as FYI, The Monster Energy DFR Teryx spanked not only all the UTV's in Baja but also beat all but one sportsman buggy on time. The one car it didnt was essentially a class one buggy.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
You are being positive about it and that is cool Joey! :)

But UTV racing in Baja is now only a 'sportsman' class as there isn't a Pro class yet.

So currently the expensive 'class 1 UTVs' are legal in BITD as sportsman and in Baja as sportsman class.

I am hoping SCORE adds a pro class in the future and that we can get the car count up. The way to do this is to have a set of rules that make it somewhat affordable to get involved and not simply the guy with the most money wins. Too many classes have become cost prohibitive and that is why you are seeing the popularity of Trophy Lites, Baja Lite, Desert Lite, Class 3000, Class 2, Class 4 and allowing 2.4L Ecotecs in some class 10 races.

I will say it again...the PWC engine Kaw is cool, but I don't get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000