Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Might sound weird coming from me, but I don't get it either? If you are going to go through that much work to build one-off's of everything, including the drive-train - why not just call it a buggy? Why even try to fit those little UTV plastics on there? The SCORE UTV class is way too open nowadays to attract many more UTV racers....which is too bad. Cool build, for sure, though.

Reactions: 1 person

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
short course is way more affordable ( with a possibility to recover some money ) than desert will ever be, and with declining numbers as well compared to a few years ago. so i dont think its because the rules are so lax and open thats whats deterring people from racing desert more. not saying ones better than the other either. they are both fun.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Might sound weird coming from me, but I don't get it either? If you are going to go through that much work to build one-off's of everything, including the drive-train - why not just call it a buggy? Why even try to fit those little UTV plastics on there? The SCORE UTV class is way too open nowadays to attract many more UTV racers....which is too bad. Cool build, for sure, though.
If it has aTeryx motor is it a buggy?
It is the width of your car with a 6 inch longer wheelbase and 30 inch tires.
The UTV in the picture Joey posted has never won in Baja.
If you take the SR1 to baja and win is it still a UTV?
Baja is about preperation and tryin to make your own luck.
Everthing is one off until it becomes production.

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
Well I have bad news. Dragonfire Racing will not be attending the 2010 Baja 500. We completed the car and took her for a spin. Everything was going good until a major part failure. Not normally an issue when dealing with the off the shelf UTV but in a one off everything car this made a big hurdle for us to overcome. We have made the decision to call off Baja and focus on getting this thing ready to go tear it up at Pikes Peak in a few weeks. I'll do my best to keep you all up to date.

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
If it has aTeryx motor is it a buggy?
It is the width of your car with a 6 inch longer wheelbase and 30 inch tires.
The UTV in the picture Joey posted has never won in Baja.
If you take the SR1 to baja and win is it still a UTV?
Baja is about preperation and tryin to make your own luck.
Everthing is one off until it becomes production.
\

What makes this any more or any less a UTV then an SR1 ?

It's just kind of sort of well maybe it could be UTV based .

By no means am i taking away from the amount of work or cool factor in either it's just not a UTV anymore .

Grant

FiveFlat

May 6, 2009
LOL it's not even truely a sideXside anymore as the passenger side is full of motor.
I as well am not say I wouldn't take this vehicle, or drive it. I think it's bad ass but I also wouldn't call this a UTV anymore.

c&c rhino

Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
a utility vehicle has a bed. anything modified and cut up to race isnt a utv anymore. its just another racecar based off a popular sidexside/utv wheelbase and chassis.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
As cool as this is it sucks the rules let you build somthing like this for the utv class. I have seen some busa class 10 cars if they put a Rhino hood can they race utv class also?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I think alot of the race organizers might just be trying to get people to show up. I know at the local level the turn outs arent very good this year.Unless the tracks are just wide open speed courses the street bike motor cars are not winning.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
I think alot of the race organizers might just be trying to get people to show up. I know at the local level the turn outs arent very good this year.Unless the tracks are just wide open speed courses the street bike motor cars are not winning.
Our local org has had better turn outs this year. BOR Racing but again this thing is bad ass for sure but if someone showed up sandbagging with somthing like this I think we would loose most of the racers. IMO nessy was an awesome utv with two seats and a UTV kawi motor now its just a buggy with utv plastic.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Guys this is SUPER NESSY........DFR still has Nessy but if you know Todd and DFR they are not ever going to settle...they will continue to innovate and push the envelope. Nevertheless its a good debate but I think DFR understands this isnt a UTV, nor are half the cars that race UTV's anymore.

c&c rhino

Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
the streetbike cars can do well. when we see more than a few different drivers they will come into their own. now if i can have my wimpy 920 accepted ill come out when its done.

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
I think this whole thing started when Todd and the guy's finished in the class 10 times in Baja last year with the regular Nessy. I think Todd wanted to go out and see if you could make a car that would give you the thrill of the Big Class without spending a few hundred K to do so. Not to mention we really wanted to find a way to have a 4-Wheel drive clutch for any motor we could fit. You know how it go's Go Big or Go Home! We know this is not a UTV we make parts for the UTV's all day long. This is just a little something to get the blood pumping a bit HaHa!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I think this whole thing started when Todd and the guy's finished in the class 10 times in Baja last year with the regular Nessy. I think Todd wanted to go out and see if you could make a car that would give you the thrill of the Big Class without spending a few hundred K to do so. Not to mention we really wanted to find a way to have a 4-Wheel drive clutch for any motor we could fit. You know how it go's Go Big or Go Home! We know this is not a UTV we make parts for the UTV's all day long. This is just a little something to get the blood pumping a bit HaHa!
I agree, seeing how far you can push the performance and keep it within the average guy's pocketbook is good of Todd.
It may not be a SideXSide in the sense of a factory stock machine, but neither are many of the UTV Class racers out there.
I applaud Todd for taking it a step further as this will make people stand up and take notice of UTVs and hopefully will legitimize the racing class.
Plus, development of an aftermarket transmission opens up a whole new range of possibilities in the homebuilt arena. SR1's were a step in this direction, but Super Nessy's tranny gives us more.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Blood pumping is good! Can't wait to see it in action.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000