Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

LiveOff-Road

Dec 11, 2012
What ever happened to this thing? Searching across the net shows that there was a part breakage before it's planned Baja 500 debut, but that they were going to solve the issue and be at Pikes Peak a few weeks later. Then it seems it completely fell off the map.

Both Nessy builds are awesome and an inspiration. You guys shared a lot more of the process than you had to which is cool. This machine just seems to have hit a brick wall in time, and it would be cool to know why.

Thanks,
Sean

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
That project was scrapped when it didn't make the deadline. It is now owned by some guys in Canada called Northern Assault and they're running a regular Teryx motor in it. They were at the San Felipe 250 but I'm not sure what happened to them.I thought there was going to be a Nessy racing at Vegas to Reno this weekend.

LiveOff-Road

Dec 11, 2012
Wow, thats crazy. All that went into the project blown for a race deadline. It seems like Northern Assault has missed out on some valuable PR from this. I am sure this thread (and others like it across the net) has quite a few subscribers that don't know about the team but would have if they had followed up on it.

Thanks for the info.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
There was a change of ownership and they really weren't interested in carrying on with this project.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
That project was scrapped when it didn't make the deadline. It is now owned by some guys in Canada called Northern Assault and they're running a regular Teryx motor in it. They were at the San Felipe 250 but I'm not sure what happened to them.I thought there was going to be a Nessy racing at Vegas to Reno this weekend.
I have the Nessie that was built as a two seater. I just raced VTR today. We had a crazy electrical problem that we eventually fixed but we lost the stator in the process.

As for the car, it still handles absolutely phenominal. A bit under powered compared to todays Kroyer XP motors but I am confident that it is still a great UTV. I plan to get my boys (9 and 7) racing in it soon. It is a very forgiving ride.

We also lost a belt and when we put the spares that my local Kawi dealership sold me on the car, it was obvious that the belts were way too long. I think they sold me T4 belts.

Oh well, the car is race prepped for desert now so we will most likely be doing more of this with the car soon.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have the Nessie that was built as a two seater. I just raced VTR today. We had a crazy electrical problem that we eventually fixed but we lost the stator in the process.

As for the car, it still handles absolutely phenominal. A bit under powered compared to todays Kroyer XP motors but I am confident that it is still a great UTV. I plan to get my boys (9 and 7) racing in it soon. It is a very forgiving ride.

We also lost a belt and when we put the spares that my local Kawi dealership sold me on the car, it was obvious that the belts were way too long. I think they sold me T4 belts.

Oh well, the car is race prepped for desert now so we will most likely be doing more of this with the car soon.
If I was you I would call Muzzy and get some horsepower.At least a 916 billet big bore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000