Mammoth Lakes Aug 1st-8th 2012

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
trout fishing was great last year. got to get up early.there two creeks close buy. also make sure you have fishing licence, fish&game like feas on a dog

Last edited:

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
DUDE, I changed my June lake plans. Instead, I will come up and camp with you guys from 1st through the 5th. It will just be me and Will. :) (I will try to stay up late too!;))
Now that your staying up to 10 are you going to let George show you some of his moves on the dance floor? :cool: Since you'll both be trashed in the AM who's leading the ride :confused::D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Now that your staying up to 10 are you going to let George show you some of his moves on the dance floor? :cool: Since you'll both be trashed in the AM who's leading the ride :confused::D
George drives better actually after he's been trashed the night before:eek::eek:;)

Terry, now you got to flip the axles on the ass-dragging trailer of yours and camp down in the boonies with us:D:D

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
George drives better actually after he's been trashed the night before

Terry, now you got to flip the axles on the ass-dragging trailer of yours and camp down in the boonies with us
How does he drive better with blurred vision? And where does he drive to? :eek::eek:;)

I got a story about that, when I first got it they put ball bearing rubber wheels back there for wheelies the kind on shopping carts those pin heads, I blew those out first time it bottom out. Now I got a steel roller with a bolt through it as a bearing, some plastic end sleeves that wear out.

Working on welding in a body 4†lift and the trucks up for sale…. Just got a 65 gal aux gas tank yesterday, now I got 100 gals. I could not make it from San Diego to Frazier on a full tank no truck stops along the way, now I can.

Now more dragging my rear, hitting bed rails, tearing out plumbing, running out a gas….sweet!:)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
How does he drive better with blurred vision? And where does he drive to? :eek::eek:;)

I got a story about that, when I first got it they put ball bearing rubber wheels back there for wheelies the kind on shopping carts those pin heads, I blew those out first time it bottom out. Now I got a steel roller with a bolt through it as a bearing, some plastic end sleeves that wear out.

Working on welding in a body 4†lift and the trucks up for sale…. Just got a 65 gal aux gas tank yesterday, now I got 100 gals. I could not make it from San Diego to Frazier on a full tank no truck stops along the way, now I can.

Now more dragging my rear, hitting bed rails, tearing out plumbing, running out a gas….sweet!:)
Cool. Now you're set up!!

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Tnt, what day are you rolling out? Which way will you go?

Sent using Tapatalk
Don't know yet going to try and fly my son and his GF in from KS if their college/work schedules allow it, going to work on it when I get back from business trip to Gulf Shores in two weeks....soon as I figure it out will let you know lets try and hook up along the way.

Sanford-2

Sanford-2
May 7, 2012
Alta Sierra, ca.
Hello Family members,
We will be making our annual trip to Mammoth Lakes August 1st through atleast the 8th to enjoy some great riding, camping, fishing, kayaking and just plain relaxing. All are welcome and we would love to have ya:) We will be camping near Big Spring campground off Owens River Rd on Forest Rd 2S85. There are tons and tons of things to do. There are hundreds of miles of trails to ride through the Eastern Sierras, numerous lakes and rivers to swim, fish, boat or kayak in. Lots of great hikes and sightseeing and best of all, the Town of Mammoth is only 6 miles down the road and it has endless entertainment possibilities. Everything from dinner, dancing, shopping, resturants, clubs or just hanging out in town square listening to live jazz music over a cold beer or glass of wine.
Here are some pics of last years trip to give ya a quick glance of the beauty.
Hope some of you can join us!

The directions are as follows-----
1. From the 395 Turn East onto Owens River Rd. Owens River Rd is about 7 miles North of Route 203 (Mammoth Lakes Turnoff)
2. Go 2.4 miles and turn Right onto Forest Rd 2S85
3. Stay on 2S85 for 1 mile and you will see camp on your right.

Now that was easy!!:D

Notes.....
As your driving down Owens River Rd about 1.5 miles in, you will start to go down a small grade SLOW WAY DOWN cause Big Spring Rd will quickly come up on your left and then 1/2 mile after Big Spring Rd you will be turning Right onto 2S85.
The GPS for the intersection of Owens River Rd and 2S85 is....
37 44' 58.37 N
118 55' 55.96 W

And then the GPS for the campsite on the 2S85 is.....
37 44' 31.10 N
118 56' 53.47 W

Also if you need to fill up fresh water, just to the South of Owens River Rd on the 395 there is a Rest Stop that is very large and has 3 water fill-up points. 2 by the buildings on the northside of the lot and one on the southside of the lot.
Also I will place large Orange traffic cones at the intersection of Owens River Rd and Forest Rd 2S85 just so ya know your at the right place:)
One more quick note....
The right turn onto 2S85 is not a U turn but close. This won't be a problem for trailers and 5er's but a large MoHo with a trailer may take a back up or two:D Here are some pics of the road to camp, Google maps and some of the surrounding area:D

<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comming up on 2S85 on right
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

View of right turn onto 2S85
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_4" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 287KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Head on down the road
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_5" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 279KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Stay straight on 2S85 (It is old asphalt most of the way)
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_6" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 255KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Keep going!
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_7" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 271KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

And going!
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_8" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 192KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Getting closer!
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_9" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 206KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Almost!
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_10" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 220KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Finally:D
Here is a map overview of the area.
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_11" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x564 and weights 144KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_12" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 133KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rest Stop
<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_13" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 303KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Water

Mammoth Lakes 2012 Camp List

1. George & Kathy (1st-8th)
2. Jim & Melissa (1st-8th)
3. Cisco (1st-8th)
4. Kyle & Michelle (Maybe)
5. Ageekwithajeep (4th-8th)
6.Trukndave (1st-8th At June Lake)
7. Onerich (Maybe)
8. Bob & Linda (Maybe)
9. Simi Dude (1st-8th)
10. Crowdog (Maybe)
11. Grampsride (Maybe)
12. Papabear & Grandson
13. SpeedyAngie
14. Grumpy
15. Deb, Roy & Tay (1st-5th)
16. Brev&Deb (Maybe)
17. Boonedog69 Dan (2nd-5th)
18. Luis and Heidi (possibly)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Mammoth Lakes 2012 Camp List

1. George & Kathy (1st-8th)
2. Jim & Melissa (1st-8th)
3. Cisco (1st-8th)
4. Kyle & Michelle (Maybe)
5. Ageekwithajeep (4th-8th)
6.Trukndave (1st-8th At June Lake)
7. Onerich (Maybe)
8. Bob & Linda (Maybe)
9. Simi Dude (1st-8th)
10. Crowdog (Maybe)
11. Grampsride (Maybe)
12. Papa Bear & ? Probably Grandson!
13. SpeedyAngie
14. Grumpy
15. Deb, Roy & Tay (1st-5th)
16. Brev&Deb (Maybe)
17. Boonedog69 (Dan) (2nd-5th)
18. Luis & Heidi (Maybe)

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Need a little help….I’m trying to fly my son and GF from KS in, camp doesn’t look far to the MMH airport. I’m thinking about taking them to Yosimite National Park to a hotel for a night so they can see it while there. What day is the main ride so we don’t miss it?

Bagman

Jan 4, 2011
Norco, CA
There will be rides to different places everyday. Lots to see.

There is an area we could not access last year because of snow. Devil's something. Could be considered a main ride but as stated there's lots of other rides.

Don't think there's a big agenda on these trips.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Need a little help….I’m trying to fly my son and GF from KS in, camp doesn’t look far to the MMH airport. I’m thinking about taking them to Yosimite National Park to a hotel for a night so they can see it while there. What day is the main ride so we don’t miss it?
The airport is only 15 minutes down the road:D Kathy is also gonna fly in cause she does'nt have as many days off as me:D

As for the riding, there is a bunch of it! There are several very nice trails in the area around camp that we will do but don't worry about missing anything. Most of them can be done in 3hrs or less so it's not like the group will be gone for the entire day.
Due to the nature of the area, there is so much to do and see like hiking, biking, riding, fishing, kayaking, swimming, eating, drinking and just plain relaxing that we will only plan for one major group ride. It will probably be Sat 8/4/12 and we will head out after breakfest and go to the top of Laurel Mtn. to the Laurel Lakes where we will have lunch and folks can fish, kayak, swim or whatever they want:D Then when everyone is done playing, we will head back to camp.

Basically to sum it up, this is everybody's vacation and you can do whatever, whenever ya want! Some will ride every day, some will fish ect ect:D Last year there was a part of or the whole group that rode most days, and others that only rode a few days. There were no schedules to meet, we talked about where we wanted to go around the campfire or a cup of coffee in the morning and then we went when the group was ready. I'm sure most will agree that we leave work and the muss and fuss of everyday life to go on a vacation and get away from schedules:D

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Ok, I get the picture thanks, different from other LF rides I been on where crazy people want to get out by 9am after a late night for some. I never understood what the rush is it feels like a job or when we raced I’d have to get to bed early 9pm Friday night to wake up at 7am Saturday to be on the starting line @ 9am. Then 6-8 hours in a bumpy car to me is nuts, more justified in a beautiful area like this. 3 hours sounds great, sounds more relaxed and enjoyable!

Dates work with the college kids school schedule, I can get them flights for $250 from KS so far, they fly into LAX then to MMH. Just got to make sure the Trever's GF Malory is ok with it then I’ll book em and be in.

Jane is looking at work put a request to get the days off yesterday, I need to do that too no prob.

I’m looking at leaving out of work 31st drive four hours, be there before noon 1st. Probably a day trip to YNP 2nd, maybe over night if we see a nice hotel. I called the Ranger she said no rigs over 45' on 120 past the gates. She said 395 out of park no prob for my 48’. She said 120 is a beautiful drive so I’ll probably take the motorcycle and the truck for the 4 of us. Leave for home 5th Sunday.

Hopefully on the big ride Sat Jane and I can hitch a ride in a 4 and I'll let the kids drive my xp900.

Anyway that’s where I’m at soon as I tie up the flights I’m on the list. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000