UTVUnderground Uodates * Rally On The Rocks Moab, UT *

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Okay Joey, got some more pics for you from the AC rides. We did Poison Spider, Fins and Things and Hells Revenge. Had lots of fun out there, sorry we didn't get met up to ride though...

Thursday, Dean Bulloch, 7 time World Rock Crawling Champ took a bunch of us AC guys out to Poison Spider. It started out slow, but by the end of the day, Dean had us all climbing rocks without a hitch (except for one roll over)...

Me taking a shop Prowler up a ledge...

Looking down through an arch above the Colorado River, at the far end of Poison Spider...

Fins and Things Trail...

Hells Revenge Ride....

The Overlook by Hells Gate...

Ever seen an Arctic Cat Powered Rhino...
(the Rhino broke on the climb, the AC towed it out. Turns out it was just a loose plug wire)

Coming back down the ridgeline to the parking lot..

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Awesome pictures...Sorry we didnt get to meet up Darryl. We tried to avoid the busy trails after the ride on Thursday.

BTW, a guy forund my phone that I lost on the trail! He called me from it from his home in Salt Lake City. He happened to have the same phone so he was able to charge it and track me down. He is shiopping it back to me today! Offroaders are the best!!!

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Awesome pictures...Sorry we didnt get to meet up Darryl. We tried to avoid the busy trails after the ride on Thursday.

BTW, a guy forund my phone that I lost on the trail! He called me from it from his home in Salt Lake City. He happened to have the same phone so he was able to charge it and track me down. He is shiopping it back to me today! Offroaders are the best!!!
Glad you recovered the phone, there are some pretty good folks out there.

We had a blast, yeah, the trails seemed to get crowded as it went on. Riding with Dean Bulloch had it's effects on me....I'd watch him go up a hill that had me saying "No F***ing way", then the next thing I knew, my right foot would start pushing on the throttle and next thing I knew, I was half way up and committed. We went up one rock hill off of Poison Spider that had my front tires off the ground for the last 20 feet of a 125 foot run... I made it, but only Dean, myself and one other went up. Dean sent the others around the easy way. I learned after that, to watch Dean and if he put his seat belt on, it was "Oh Sh**" Time.... Even on the easy trails, he took the hard way up... But I never gave up a trail to him.

But overall, this was the funniest trip I've ever taken to Moab. The folks were great, the weather could've been a touch nicer, but the rides made up for it all in the end. It's going on the calendar for next year, but this time, I'm catching your group for the rides...

I did get to wind out the Prowler (shop prowler, mine is still being built) on Speed Road up on Poison Spider... Several XTZs raced along at 65mph+ and created enough dust that I'm sure would've shown up on satellite....

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Souds awesome. I felt the same way Reid..numerous times I looked at an obstacle like how are we going to get around this and then he goes strait at it....I was amazed! So much of it is mental and knowing your machine and its capabilities.

Moab is definitley going to be a yearly trip for me as well!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Souds awesome. I felt the same way Reid..numerous times I looked at an obstacle like how are we going to get around this and then he goes strait at it....I was amazed! So much of it is mental and knowing your machine and its capabilities.

Moab is definitley going to be a yearly trip for me as well!
So we might see the "FATROD" mobbing @ moab next year? :D
Dude those pictures are amazing! That place look incredible! I really dig the WB RZR4!

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Awesome pics and video guys!!!! Finally got home around midnight monday night and had to work today. Haven't been on the computer for almost a week, it was great meeting so many great people that rolled out to ride with Reid, Crowley, JoeyD, and Wally.. We are looking forward to next year already and will have the dates out to you guys very soon! Thanks for the support everyone! :)

130hp RZR-S

51mph up olds hill
Apr 7, 2009
murrieta, and glamis
Joey, it was great riding the "rim" with you..

we went to lil sahara sunday/monday after the rally...here's a couple of vids..."the fingers" makes china wall look like a speedbump!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o5vKxz8WRI]YouTube - MCX TURBO RZR, the fingers, little sahara utah.avi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d2n14eagG8]YouTube - TURBO RZR attacks sand mountain, little sahara, MCX.avi[/ame]

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thanks JoeyD! We are already planning for next year :) Did you guys catch the dinner on friday?
Kyle, thanks to you and Michelle for putting on a hell of an event. Very well organized, lots of things to do and as Joey said, one of the top off-road events of the year.
I already am planning on attending next year and have posted pics of this year's event over on the Arctic Cat forums, see if we can't stir up more interest for next year.
The Friday night dinner was great, Joey, you missed some of the best italian food I've seen in a long time. And Chad Booth's talk on the current land grabs caught everyone's attention.
Again, thanks for an awesome event, I highly recommend it to anyone. See you next year....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000