Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I thought I had seen the worst dust conditions, then I got passed by a TT.

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Although it looks very close he did not hit me .I am very sure though, that he thought we were dead because he buried the shit out of us after that turn LOL.It sure does look like he had a nice alternate route though.and im pretty sure it was a"watch this" moment for him ...and I moved over asap for him...your welcome fox ....still not absolutely sure on who did hit me..
He definitely roosted you as he passed. What a dik some of these guys are!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
He definitely roosted you as he passed. What a dik some of these guys are!
Jones did not deliberately roost them once he got around them. At least not from those pictures. If you've never been in a TT then you can't understand how the power is laid down and how a locked solid axle with 700-800 will pull you around. You can see the truck wants to rut track as he is hammering down to pass and get back to TT speed, not UTV speeds.

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Jones did not deliberately roost them once he got around them. At least not from those pictures. If you've never been in a TT then you can't understand how the power is laid down and how a locked solid axle with 700-800 will pull you around. You can see the truck wants to rut track as he is hammering down to pass and get back to TT speed, not UTV speeds.
You're entitled to your opinion as am I. We disagree on this one.

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
Roosting or getting Roosted is the last thing I worry about. Getting separation between race vehicles is the most important, at the time of a pass.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Our TT team uses detailed rally style course notes that would not be possible in the BITD races (as you cannot pre-run the course). Practically speaking, we could drive in blinding dust, because our co-driver is dictating all the course notes to the driver slightly before they occur. HOWEVER, the driver is fully focused on visual hazards and que's to drive.

The idea that you can drive 80-100MPH while following a GPS signal that updates once per second (Lowrance HDS units are 1Hz refresh rates, while the antenna updates sat lock up to 5Hz). This means you'll travel between 115 to 150 FEET in 1 second...its absurd! Yes, you use the GPS to "help" traverse the course, you CANNOT use it to drive blind.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Am I to understand that some teams have fully functioning GPS's all the time?

I have 3 GPS's that work "most of the time" Its lucky I have 2 in the car. :confused:

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
No one is going to slow down, especially when they see dust! The GPS is not to blame. I hate when people assume a driver gets into dust and stops looking at the terrain and starts staring at a GPS line. They aren't flying a Blackhawk.

I'm not snapping at you Frankie. Just responding.

And I don't think safety is funny, I think it's the most important thing a promotors has to consider.
I hear ya... I think you're right, no one will slow down no matter what, we're talking about racers here.. championships, etc.

The smart play it to do what Casey did (allegedly I guess) ... move UTV back to other 4 wheel vehicles.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
When talking about built UTV's for play or full blown race machines, I have heard a lot of people say "that's not a UTV anymore". At what point does it change? What does it change into? What if I start with a production truck and build a Class 8 is it still a truck? If I start with a pile of tubing and parts, I bend and shape them into... What? What makes it a truck? Shouldn't a truck be constructed to haul something besides ASS off road? If a race RZR is no longer a UTV than tell me how a Trophy is still a truck?

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Our cars are every bit a utv. Street bike powered, not so much.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
When talking about built UTV's for play or full blown race machines, I have heard a lot of people say "that's not a UTV anymore". At what point does it change? What does it change into? What if I start with a production truck and build a Class 8 is it still a truck? If I start with a pile of tubing and parts, I bend and shape them into... What? What makes it a truck? Shouldn't a truck be constructed to haul something besides ASS off road? If a race RZR is no longer a UTV than tell me how a Trophy is still a truck?

All those primadona's on RDC are just haters. A lot of them are still living in the beam stoneage or dont even own a racecar. If it has a UTV drivetrain and chassis its a UTV.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I am not worried about those guys. Most of them are tire kickers. Have you ever been at a Supercross race and the guy behind you knows everything, is way faster than the guys on the track, if people just have him a chance........ Blah blah blah. I am not a UTV's guy to impress anyone or even get off road to give us a big hug. I'm am here because I like them and they are fun to drive.

Here is what I see with this class.

Our class is growing fastener than any class.
Our class has factory support. Our class is a proving ground for a huge aftermarket.
Our class gets some of the best coverage in the sport (shameless plug)
Our class is new and appealing to new comers.
Our class is based off a factory machine. This makes it easier to market.
Something very important about our class it's in reach for the working man.

For $50k you could buy a RZR and build into a race car or you can buy a basic SUV to drive your kids to soccer.

Last edited:

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I
Here is what I see with this class.

Our class is growing fastener than any class.
Our class has factory support. Our class is a proving ground for a huge aftermarket.
Our class gets some of the best coverage in the sport (shameless plug)
Our class is new and appealing to new comers.
Our class is based off a factory machine. This makes it easier to market.
Our class has the best Co-Drivers!

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Our class has the best comradery. I love the fact that we will give anything to each other if we can help them finish a race. Stop in the middle of a race (Brian Bush, Michael Lanskey) and right a car that's been rolled. We have the best class there is and I am proud to be one of all of you!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I love this thread vs the RDC one. So positive. Yes what Hans said and what Rusty said is so true. Viva Golf Carts! I am thinking we really need to embrace the image and hang club off our cars as we roll through contingency. :p

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
That vid green just posted was pretty funny. I think you should read his reply to you Reid. Eff these guy there take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000