Teryx Vegas to Reno progress pics

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Here it is so far.

It is getting the dash this week, then to DASA for custom exhaust and dyno time, then to the dezert for at least 100 miles for testing. We should be done a couple weeks before the race.

Here is the album with all the pics in this thread, and a few starter pics

teryx pictures by rupertmonkeyboy - Photobucket

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Are you doing all the work yourself??? Looks like a real nice build. Keep up the good work!! Good luck at VTR. Are you racing Parker in Oct.? Im not able to pull of VTR but I will be racing parker in Oct.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Are you doing all the work yourself??? Looks like a real nice build. Keep up the good work!! Good luck at VTR. Are you racing Parker in Oct.? Im not able to pull of VTR but I will be racing parker in Oct.
I have been trying out my new 110 checker auto parts welder for this build and it is working well.

Actually, the car is in San Jacinto CA being built by Shad, a lead fabricator and manager for Poison Spyder Customs in Banning CA. He has a ton of dezert racing experience and does a lot with UTV's when he is not building the best Jeep Wrangler rock crawling parts in the industry. He has a shop at home and built this car and everything you see was done at his house except the motor. It will be going out for the dash soon. He does great work. He built the suspension and it works great. He already tried it on a short course car.

I am planning on making as many of the BITD races as I can this year. We will see how it holds up for the VTR.

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
WOW! That chassis looks really good! Stoked to see another car, a Teryx at that being built for V2R! This years race could be one of the coolest years in terms of brand new UTV builds. The competition keeps on stiffening........

Maybe we can see Poinson SPyder build a UTV specific for King of The Hammers!!??? Imagine what they might come up with??

roadiestar

Conn's Finest! - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
coventry ct
I have been trying out my new 110 checker auto parts welder for this build and it is working well.

I have a little Miller mig and my work don't look like that.:confused:

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
WOW! That chassis looks really good! Stoked to see another car, a Teryx at that being built for V2R! This years race could be one of the coolest years in terms of brand new UTV builds. The competition keeps on stiffening........

Maybe we can see Poinson SPyder build a UTV specific for King of The Hammers!!??? Imagine what they might come up with??

I would love to see poison spyder build one also. I thihk they would do a great build. Shad works there and I think he is working on introducing some UTV stuff. He personally makes the best long travel kit for a rhino that I have ever seen. His work is top notch.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010

I have a little Miller mig and my work don't look like that.:confused:

Yeah, I wish I could do double stitch welds with my mig also. I actually have a really nice Miller Tig but I stil can't weld like that. That's why it is at Shad's shop.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
It is getting the aluminum dash now and a lot has been done since the pics. All the suspension is done and all we have to do is finish the UMP filter and exhaust. I will try and get some more pics up soon.

What wheels are you guys running? I want to run 12" because I have 27" tires and they don't come in a 14" wheel configuration. Any good 12" beadlocks out there? I am running tireballs so that should help.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
I just got off the phone with Dillon from Hiper wheels. He gave me a screaming deal on wheels and I am running his stickers on my car and trailer. I mentioned UTVunderground as well and the discount was great!! I have 6 wheels and 6 sets of tire balls coming so hopefully I don't break all of those and the four ITP wheels I will have as backup.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Here are some pics of the custom cell Shad made. Just over 14 gallons of fuel after foam and bladder are factored in.

Attachments

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
new airbox, rear bed coming along

Here are the latest pics. The custom intake is done and the rear deck is coming along nicely

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000