SUPERSTITION RIDE OCT 21ST TO 23RD

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
1. DUNE DUMMY 29 & DUNE BUNNIE: 1 ADULT & RONNIE, F-250, 24' TOYHAULER OR F-150 W/ FLATBED & RHINO
2. JIM & MELISSA: 2 ADULTS MAYBE 3 : BIG A** TRUCK W/5ER, JEEP, BUGGY? & RZR
3. PAPA BEAR with lots of stuff!
4.Greg,Shannon,& 2 dogs Desert dog 619 (from the kawi forums),and the fiberskins crew.Look for ol "betsy"
5. George & Kathy: 1 Adult & 1 George in Red Leather Thong
6.T-wrecks aka Dune Patrol on Teryx forum.
7. Cisco Kid: 2 Adults: RZR4 and RZR XP ;-)
8. Chad59: Teryx
9.DEATHFLY: RED TITAN & 23' SANDPIPER TOYHAULER, RZR S
10. LIL' MO: MOTORHOME/FLATBED & RHINO
11. FREEEZEN W/ BORROWED TOYHAULER
12.WAYTAY

Reactions: 1 person

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Added some from Teryx forum:

Camping:

1. DUNE DUMMY 29 & DUNE BUNNIE: 1 ADULT & RONNIE, F-250, 24' TOYHAULER OR F-150 W/ FLATBED & RHINO
2. JIM & MELISSA: 2 ADULTS MAYBE 3 : BIG A** TRUCK W/5ER, JEEP, BUGGY? & RZR
3. PAPA BEAR with lots of stuff!
4.Greg,Shannon,& 2 dogs Desert dog 619 (from the kawi forums),and the fiberskins crew.Look for ol "betsy"
5. George & Kathy: 1 Adult & 1 George in Red Leather Thong
6.T-wrecks aka Dune Patrol on Teryx forum.
7. Cisco Kid: 2 Adults: RZR4 and RZR XP ;-)
8. Chad59: Teryx
9.DEATHFLY: RED TITAN & 23' SANDPIPER TOYHAULER, RZR S
10. LIL' MO: MOTORHOME/FLATBED & RHINO
11. FREEEZEN W/ BORROWED TOYHAULER
12.WAYTAY
13.Shields speed shop. Me,pops and the wives. Toyhauler and race trailer.
14.klx450r all day saturday and might stay the night in the back of my truck
15.f8stsupra Friday-Sunday. Should have 3 toy haulers and 4-6 adults total.
16.FUELATV
17.az_amsoil

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Camping:

1. JOHN BERRY
2. DUNE DUMMY 29 & DUNE BUNNIE: 1 ADULT & RONNIE, F-250, 24' TOYHAULER OR F-150 W/ FLATBED & RHINO
3. JIM & MELISSA: 2 ADULTS MAYBE 3 : BIG A** TRUCK W/5ER, JEEP, BUGGY? & RZR
4. PAPA BEAR with lots of stuff!
5.Greg,Shannon,& 2 dogs Desert dog 619 (from the kawi forums),and the fiberskins crew.Look for ol "betsy"
6. George & Kathy: 1 Adult & 1 George in Red Leather Thong
7.T-wrecks aka Dune Patrol on Teryx forum.
8. Cisco Kid: 2 Adults: RZR4 and RZR XP ;-)
9. Chad59: Teryx
10.DEATHFLY: RED TITAN & 23' SANDPIPER TOYHAULER, RZR S
11. LIL' MO: MOTORHOME/FLATBED & RHINO
12. FREEEZEN W/ BORROWED TOYHAULER
13.WAYTAY
14.Shields speed shop. Me,pops and the wives. Toyhauler and race trailer.
15.klx450r all day saturday and might stay the night in the back of my truck
16.f8stsupra Friday-Sunday. Should have 3 toy haulers and 4-6 adults total.
17.FUELATV
18.az_amsoil
21.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
NO LIMIT ON NUMBER OF RIDERS/CAMPERS<!-- / message -->

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
IF YOU ARE OUT OF STATE. CALIFORNIA REQUIRES AN OUT-OF-STATE PERMIT TO RIDE IN OFFROAD AREAS. I ASSUME PLATED VEHICLES DON'T NEED THIS. BLM HAS BEEN PATROLING SUPERSTITION SO MAKE SURE YOUR GREEN STICKERS ARE UP TO DATE. YOU CAN PICK UP GREEN STICKERS & PERMITS FROM SAASTA'S CHEVRON & THE BLM OFFICE IN EL CENTRO & GREYS GAS STOP IN WESTMORELAND. I THINK THE BLU-IN IN OCOTILLO WELLS SELLS THEM ALSO.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
DD, if you have out of state plates or sticker you don't need a California sticker! The only time you do is if you don't have anything except title, as in if your from Nevada or another state that does not register Off-Road Vehicles! If you have MC plates from another state you are governed under the other states laws and are street legal here! We have preciosity with most states!
SIDEXSIDES ARE NOT STREET LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA. ASK THE PEOPLE THAT GOT TICKETS FOR BEING IN DE ANZA STATE PARK WITH ARIZONA PLATES.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
They fight they win! If they are MC plated in another state they are legal here! But the green sticker is NOT required unless the machine is not registered, I called Sacramento to get that answer ;) Just because a renta cop or LEO doesn't know doesn't make it so!
just dont go on any roads that require you to be street legal, me and 10 other got tickets for being on a offroad trail that required this and they didnt honor our az street legal plates. but ohv roads you will be fine.

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
That's because CA also requires out of state vehicles to comply to CA laws to operate. An AZ plate on a UTV is the equivalent of a green-sticker. It only shows it is registered. Since CA UTV's can't operate on non ohv trails niether can out of state registered veh's. It makes it transparent to all.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
If I remember right I told you at the time to fight it and none of you did! Technically the only thing they could write you for would be DOT tires and that is sketchy as your AZ MC plates should be honored here, but you have to fight it! I know a couple out of state cases where the Judge through it out! :D
i went down to the court and talked to the DA on it and you would have to have more than DOT tires. and it was going to cost us more to take the day off of work than just pay the ticket. but lesson learned

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
You think the DA is on your side? Really? That is why we lose all our riding places! We all need to fight! We have Reciprocity with AZ and if it is street legal there and you have a AZ Drivers license you win! There is one way you don't need an AZ DL but I will not post it here! BLM thinks they are the know all, but they are not and the DA is there to win or get you to pay and give up! These AW don't have your back or care about your rights! :eek: It isn't about the money and the more they win the more they think their right!
i agree with you 100% and no the DA aint on anyones side i just was looking for some clairification on the law when it comes to az vehicle in ca and it is a big grey area but i will fight it next time.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I saw a Smart Car on the I-10 today, now that scared me! Yes it could but I am sure you would get hassled! I have a friend who built a Longtravel Car and it is 100% street legal and he gets pulled over on the freeway, but never has gotten a ticket because of his title do not say "For Off-Road Use Only" but it is a pain pulling over all the time! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i actually drove next to a smart car in havasu i my teryx and my car was bigger. maybe i should test the law and drive it to the friday night car show tomorrow.

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
I'm still looking for a V.C. to support this but straight of the CA Parks website. OHMVR Frequently Asked Questions

5)
Q:
A:
I have an Arizona MC plate on my OHV. May I ride it on a California highway?
No. There are a variety of motor vehicles specifically manufactured for operation off of the highways. Off-highway motorcycles, dune buggies, sand rails, and ATVs are common names as well as the vehicles with side-by-side seating for two occupants, commonly called RUV, ROHV, MUV, and UTV. A vehicle designed and manufactured for off-highway use may not be operated on a California highway even though it may be highway legal in its home state because it does not meet the federal highway safety standards for highway vehicles. The California Highway Patrol is responsible for administering the highways in the state.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25733

An Arizona "MC" plate is registration and is accepted for off-highway operation in California. A vehicle with an Arizona "MC" plate may or may not be street legal in California. In order to be street legal, a vehicle must be designed and tested by the manufacturer for highway use consistent with federal regulations (e.g., legally equipped dual-sport motorcycle).

Summary Table

<TABLE style="LINE-HEIGHT: 120%; FONT-SIZE: 11px" border=1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=center><TD width="33%">Type of OHV Identification</TD><TD width="34%">Legal in CA?</TD><TD width="33%">Legal in AZ?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>
AZ RV Plate (title plate) /​

No AZ OHV Decal

</TD><TD>Starting 7/1/09 must purchase CA OHV Nonresident Permit (valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use)

Note: Operators of vehicles over 1800lbs are NOT able to purchase an AZ OHV Decal so they must purchase a CA OHV Nonresident Permit for OFF-HIGHWAY use in CA.​

</TD><TD>Vehicles under 1800lbs: NOT VALID for ON or OFF-HIGHWAY use. Must have an AZ OHV Decal starting 1/1/09.

Vehicles over 1800lbs: Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use in unincorporated areas on dirt roads not maintained by state, city, town, or counties of the state; or roads / trails on federal land that do not require vehicle registration (street legal / licensed). Recreational Use Permit needed if operated on State Trust Land.​

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>AZ RV Plate (title plate) /

Valid AZ OHV Decal

</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use.</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use in unincorporated areas on dirt roads not maintained by state, city, town, or counties of the state. Note: Operators of over 1800lbs are NOT able to purchase an AZ OHV Decal. Recreation Use Permit needed to stage (park) on State Trust Land.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>
AZ MC Plate (small registration plate). Operator pays full registration fees. No AZ OHV Decal

</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use. (Exception for Arizona registered motorcycles used primarily on-highway are valid for ON or OFF-HIGHWAY use*)</TD><TD>Valid for ON or OFF-HIGHWAY use for vehicles not required to have the OHV Decal.** Recreational Use Permit needed if operated on State Trust Land.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>
AZ MC Plate (small registration plate). Operator may pay reduced VLT.​

Valid OHV Decal

</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use. (Exception for Arizona registered motorcycles used primarily on-highway are valid for ON and OFF-HIGHWAY use*)</TD><TD>Valid for ON or OFF-HIGHWAY use.** Note: Operators of vehicles over 1800lbs are NOT able to purchase an AZ OHV Decal. These vehicles will display the full sized license plate. Recreational Use Permit needed to stage (park) on State Trust Land.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>
CA Green or Red Identification Sticker (CA resident)​

</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use.</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use for a maximum of 30 consecutive days.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>

</TD><TD>Valid ONLY for OFF-HIGHWAY use.</TD><TD>NOT VALID for ON or OFF-HIGHWAY use.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

The reason they all got tickets with the AZ plates they were driving on a non OHV trail. Essentially it is a non maintained county dirt road meant for Street legal vehicles only.

Not saying I agree with it because I want to ride them too but it wasnt an OHV trail.

DezertTeryx out of curiosity what was the Vehicle Code section you were cited for? If it was 4000(a)(1) C.V.C. that section would not apply to you because you are registered and you could have beaten the ticket. You could have always asked to have court held by written declaration so you dont have to take the day off. Basically you write a declaration showing why the citation is invalid including facts and vehicle code laws. Even once found guilty by written declaration you can appeal it and still show up for your day in court in front of a judge. Sometimes people get cited for incorrect sections and can beat a ticket that way even though they are in the wrong but the officer wrote them for the wrong thing.

Last edited:

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Based on the chart above It looks to me that any AZ plate is only good for Off Highway use in CA unless its on a dual sport MC. So if your on a non OHV dirt road/Street Legal only your SOL. I still haven't had a chance to do anymore digging to come up with a V.C. to support that but with as many V.C.'s as their are I'm sure it's in thier somewhere.

Anyone know if you can make it from superstition to TruckHaven legally? I'm pretty sure it can be done. If so anyone up for a nice long ride? I love playing in the notches in TH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000