Rally On The Rocks

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
All of our listed trails are non-tech trails.
We usually only get 10-12 tech trails sign-ups per year and we ask them what they want to do. We usually utilize AREA BFE.
We have started requiring that some trails be long-travel trails, as a 50" RZR, Rhino, or Teryx will struggle with an obstacle that an XP or Wildcat make look easy. Although a long traveled teryx is unstoppable.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Cliff Hanger is not a tech trail. Its very simple. I did all the sample trails this year. Next year I am only doing the tech trials.

XMICKEYX

Oct 4, 2013
Ok, cool. I just wanted to make sure there is enough available for us to ride for a few days and have a good time. Its a 1700+ mile one way trip for me.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
I hate to dig up an old thread like this so sorry in advance. I am wanting to do the Rally On The Rocks event next year but being form east coast (Ga.) I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I was looking on the ROTR site and it says for the "tech" trails they require you to have LT. Also, if I cant do the tech trails because I don't have LT am I still gonna have fun? I'm sure I will from all the pics I've seen I will. How long do the trails take? Riding in the South east we sometimes do 5 to 15 trails in a day making for an all day trip. Is one trail there gonna take all day? Im really looking forward to it and hope it works out. It will be and epic trip for me and my wife, neither one of us have been further west than Alabama.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice on the trip.
If you want pure rock crawling then you need to pick a tech trail. Otherwise there are plenty of other trails (like Cliffhanger) to offer you a challenge but you don't need specialized equipment to do them. Most rides are 4-5 hours and slow paced to accommodate riders of all experience levels. You can always go out on your own after a rally ride and play on other trails. Just don't forget the rally lasts four days so you get in a lot of riding.
Also I find it great fun just to hang out in the vendor area and talk with all the different folks from all over the country and occasionally celebrities :rolleyes: like Joey, Rusty, Crowley and others.
BTW, I met with some folks from Canada who also had a one way 1700 mile trip and they went home just as happy as could be.

XMICKEYX

Oct 4, 2013
If you want pure rock crawling then you need to pick a tech trail. Otherwise there are plenty of other trails (like Cliffhanger) to offer you a challenge but you don't need specialized equipment to do them. Most rides are 4-5 hours and slow paced to accommodate riders of all experience levels. You can always go out on your own after a rally ride and play on other trails. Just don't forget the rally lasts four days so you get in a lot of riding.
Also I find it great fun just to hang out in the vendor area and talk with all the different folks from all over the country and occasionally celebrities :rolleyes: like Joey, Rusty, Crowley and others.
BTW, I met with some folks from Canada who also had a one way 1700 mile trip and they went home just as happy as could be.
Aswesome! that's what I needed to hear, look forward to the trip and hope we can work it out. Really hope to get to meet and ride with some of yall while were there. Now I gotta start saving my pennies so I can afford the trip. lol!

Thanks to all for the help and comments!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000