Official UTVUG Baja 500 Coverage

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
^^^Haha Mike. Not going to happen, ever. We all want better information, but it is just hard to get it. A lot of stuff on RDC and facebook, yet still does not tell the whole story.

Reactions: JoeyD23

pappawheely

Oct 15, 2012
Several drivers I interviewed after the SS300 passed multiple cars that they never saw. It might have been in the pits, pulled off to the side or just in the dust. The point is, if a competitor on the course can't tell what position they are in, good luck trying to figure that out from spectators enjoying coronas. (I prefer Modelo or Pacifico)

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
We've got a crew of guys down in Ensenada right now and will be bringing you the baja 500 coverage you need all weekend...This is just the tip of the Iceberg, we will be updating this thread often throughout the weekend!
But a few hours before 'coverage' ends (if it hasn't already)...

Last edited:

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
I honestly find your comments comical. Eg...people who want perfect coverage, yet won't travel down and watch the race and report, yet want others to do it...for free.
(lol)..I find it 'comical' that a man has to repeat over and over (how many times?) in this thread that he is looking (along with apparently others) for the bare minimum of coverage...which is then (somehow) equated to 'perfect coverage' (you) for the purposes of putting someone down for simply asking.
"It's Your Legacy"...so wouldn't you want to at the very least record it for (again, minimum) the sake of those at the very least receiving said legacy in the near future? (our kids in an extremely dangerous sport).
If Baja is so tough...maybe it would help if somebody was at least there to verify this apparent fact or perhaps to teach the uninitiated how not to kill themselves attempting it.
Just a suggestion....

Last edited:

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Maybe do like they did in the days gone by and wait for weeks or months until the next issue of a magazine came out to find out your information. And if that's not good enough for you, why don't you hop in your car or truck and head south to come watch the 1000. Then you'll get a first hand experience and your news will be up to date. Who knows, you might enjoy it so much that you'll pony up the money for your own race team. Maybe then you'd see the real challenges of race reporting from baja

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
It's funny back 25 years ago when I went to the races with my uncle in a class 9 car we were able to keep track of everyone with a piece of paper a stop watch and a radio.

Reactions: mearsman

pappawheely

Oct 15, 2012
Cars were a lot slower back then. We could hear the drivers talking to the co-dogs over the engine sound as they went by because pumpers and intercoms were not invented yet. Without gps, the co-dogs had to actually navigate. If someone nerfed you, it was because you were slippin.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
(lol)..I find it 'comical' that a man has to repeat over and over (how many times?) in this thread that he is looking (along with apparently others) for the bare minimum of coverage...which is then (somehow) equated to 'perfect coverage' (you) for the purposes of putting someone down for simply asking.
"It's Your Legacy"...so wouldn't you want to at the very least record it for (again, minimum) the sake of those at the very least receiving said legacy in the near future? (our kids in an extremely dangerous sport).
If Baja is so tough...maybe it would help if somebody was at least there to verify this apparent fact or perhaps to teach the uninitiated how not to kill themselves attempting it.
Just a suggestion....
Do like I do and stare at dots on a computer for 16 hours. I could pretty much tell who was up front except for Jagged and I came on here and found out there tracker wasn't working.

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
I'm not asking for minute by minute updates, just post the finishing order as soon as they come in. It's not just Score, BITD as well. Utvug has made this sport what it is but not by real time coverage. Yes there will be a full photo gallery and positions released 2 days after the event but I've never seen results posted in real time, at best you might see the top 3 posted on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: It'sYourLegacy

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Huh? What does that mean ^^^
I'm not asking for minute by minute updates, just post the finishing order as soon as they come in. It's not just Score, BITD as well. Utvug has made this sport what it is but not by real time coverage. Yes there will be a full photo gallery and positions released 2 days after the event but I've never seen results posted in real time, at best you might see the top 3 posted on social media.
It doesn't matter how many times you explain 'bare minimum'...you are the devil for explaining it.
We always seem to circle back to the same subject matter in this sport...legacies.
If we seek to build one vs simply taking advantage of the opportunity that God has blessed us with by using this sport and these races as our own little personal playground...we'll prosper.
Polaris and the other manufacturers (aftermarket included) are obviously sending a message to their customers that they indeed play in 'their world' while we are all simply lucky to spend our hard earned money filling their garages and closets with swag.
When we're getting our balls busted for asking who simply crossed the finish line (and when) or for even bare minimum more at the Baja 500?...there is no other conclusion to be made. I'm coming to the sad realization that this has all (other races as well?) morphed in to one big party save for the teams racing it and not much else. Worse yet, very little of what is seemingly developed or raced is making it to the market (anyways) in any appreciable form despite sponsorship dollars being relatively small as spread across the sport. As Reid alluded to some time ago (paraphrased): It's not a matter of 'if' your never-changed-out-all-OEM Polaris drivetrain is going to implode..but when.

Every single member up here knows full well that traditional style racing coverage (up here in the U.S. as well) blows across the entire sport. If those making money off of this sport had any passion for those supporting it then this point would be mute. UTVUG isn't responsible for that obvious failure nor are any other forum/quasi-'sponsored' organizations.

It's been the fans out here for years who have been putting up with it.

Last edited:

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
There is this new fancy website that like half the planet is using that will give you the "bare minimum" coverage you need.

FACEBOOK. You should check that out.

I got quite a bit of coverage by just following the guys who are players and the sanctioning bodies in the races as they update there friends and family followers.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
There is this new fancy website that like half the planet is using that will give you the "bare minimum" coverage you need.

I got quite a bit of coverage by just following the guys who are players and the sanctioning bodies in the races as they update there friends and family followers.
Yep same place I get most info and the best stories.

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN

Never heard of this Facebook you speak of, where can I pick up a copy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: facteryfmf

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015

There is another website that will help you find it.
Type in www.Google.com
It should send you right there. I hope this computer thing is here to stay.

See post #1...
"tip of the iceberg" is(was) right here!!! (although the "weekend" was yesterday).

I came here to find coverage and didn't find it (fact).
2 days later we find guys (sarcastically) insisting that any (minimal) coverage sought is better found on FaceCrack or through a search engine.

It's your story...'like'...tell it 'like' you want to! ;) (I'm evidently too old for this...)

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
It's amazing that you guys clamor and literally beg Reid (BadMav) to tell it like it is without the sugarcoat...yet when the obvious is right there and expressed very nicely...why do you (somehow) need a bad guy?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas

See post #1...
"tip of the iceberg" is(was) right here!!! (although the "weekend" was yesterday).

I came here to find coverage and didn't find it (fact).
2 days later we find guys (sarcastically) insisting that any (minimal) coverage sought is better found on FaceCrack or through a search engine.

It's your story...'like'...tell it 'like' you want to! ;) (I'm evidently too old for this...)
Some guys on here have a gang up and pounce mentality. You have to have a thick skin to have an opinion on here at times. If I was you I'd just consider the source. Your ok. The Utv class could be interesting maybe more interesting than TT. A lot of stuff happens and much of it is normal folks racing teams. The stories behind the scenes probably have more color and character. Ever watch Little League World Series? Like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000