Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
This past weekend was awesome!!!! The course was both challenging and fast as my co-dawg and I got our feet wet for the 1st time in the 900... I'd like to thank my wife, my co -dawg simi dude, Lou and Louis for putting on a great event and putting up with me. I'd also like to thank the many guys and shops that helped my last minute effort to ready the RZR for the challenge, Justin and Jim at Cognito for help with the shocks, Aaron and Mike at PRP seats, Pete at pro armor, Randy and Nick at Rugged Radios with a gps and new helmet, also support at the track, thanks again Randy. Big thanks go out to my brotha from anotha motha Govacho for the tire/wheel deal...and great pizza ;) and lastly Jay from Jay's Racing for pit support and last minute bushing swap!!! With the great customer service I received from these guys I was able to compete with the big boys....
Just wanted to say thanks for the opportunity to ride shotgun with you. I didn't really know what to expect from you as a driver. As we have never been in a car at the same time. I kind of thought you might be on the sketchy side but that was not the case. I settled in quickly in the first 10 min. and was impressed on how well you had the shocks setup......A nice ride all day long (I need some of those for my cars!). A big shout out to Jay at J's Racing for helping with pitting......This guy is the best!!

All-N-All a great day of racing, made me feel like a kid again.
Can't wait till the next one... I just love to go fast in the desert !:D

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Simi dude - when do we start building your race car? I know you have the bug :D
I got the bug alright...But not the cash, Kid's in collage, auto & health ins. for them. it all adds up to a tidy some of $$. It's all good, no more support payments as of a year ago. Nothing like brining home a full paycheck after 10yrs.:D

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Yes it was, her name is Rhiannon. She also did the Weatherman Relay up on the hill.
I am going to wife her up ;) thanks for all your help. It was nice having you guys there all weekend taken care of everyone and really getting involved. Not just showing up for an hr to make money and leave. Hope you come out more.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
TWO-IN-A-ROW SMEAD​

California City, CA – April 6, 2014 – People talk about the expense in racing and having to race with your pocketbook instead of your skills. Well, nothing could be further from the truth in this case.

This weekend at AVE’s PURE “175†OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES, The team of Cain Smead and Shannon Powell (Polaris RZR 1000- Dirt Wheels Magazine), proved that just a few dollars here and there in addition to a Stock RZR 1000, will do the trick. Not only did it do the trick in the PRO 1000cc Class by taking first, but the team took the Overall spot as well, finishing the required four laps in a time of 3:54:22.8 a little over four minutes ahead of a BITD-type Class 1900 Unlimited 4 car belonging to Kent Perkins (#401), who finished his four laps in a time of 3:58:59.6—but using only three wheels!!!
Smead commented upon receiving his Overall and Class award by saying, “It proves that a Stock Polaris can do the trick.†He mentioned that he had fine-tuned the car and added wheels and desert tires, and commented on the following, which shocked some of the people in attendance; “We don’t even carry a spare, no jack, nothing. We save weight and we make sure we don’t hit any of the nasty stuff.â€

Although the PURE “175†was considered by race promoter, Lou Peralta, a bit faster than the first race, he also stated in the race notes that he would give the course a high-speed rating for the first two laps but then that ranking would go down to the super-tough range due to the fact that the course would deteriorate. And so it was. It was rough after the first 100 miles or so.

Rounding out the top three Overall finishers was the team of Josh and Jim Westling, who continue to find themselves atop the podium almost at every race. They logged a time of 4:08:30.5 for their four laps.

The second event of the five-event PURE SXS OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES will now switch to a later start during the summer, as the PURE “200†– June 27-29, will start at 6 p.m. Lights will be required for most after the first two or three laps. AVE is laying out a 33-plus-mile course and six laps will be required to be considered a finisher. The course, as AVE is known to feature, will be completely different than the first two. Race Director, Alan Bell stated that “We plan on using the southern portion of the county for the 33 miles-plus. We have used this area before but not since last April.â€

For more details, go to: www.averacing.com or contact AVE at: [email protected]

####

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Before I forget and start working on other things, we want to thank everyone for showing up to our second event of the PURE Series.
I want to thank our sponsors, contingency sponsors and everyone who supports our events. It's really great.
Thank you LAWRENCE RACING EQUIPMENT, SUNOCO, PCI, KING SHOCKS, BAJA DESIGNS, RUGGED RADIO, PRO-LINE WRAPS, CAN-AM, KC HILITES, BP GRAPHICS, PERALTA DESIGNS, FXF PRODUCTIONS and LAZER STAR LIGHTS.

I was thrilled that PCI Race Communications came and did the radio relay for our race. I've heard from a few people in the City because I gave them our race frequency in the event of emergencies and to monitor the event. They thought that the race conduct was very professional and that the coordination between PCI Relay, Race Officials, Tri-Star Medical Team and the racers was outstanding. Thank you all for making it easy for us.

Only one person did not check in with us and took the IRC Tracking unit home. Not good but we are expecting it today or latest tomorrow. Next time there will be a fine.

Lastly, I've got to say that Rhiannon did a marvelous rendition of our National Anthem. Thank you Rhiannon for a terrific job both singing and running our radio relay system and we hope you can do it again at the PURE "200" - June 27-29.

results, photos and other things are now posted on www.averacing.com.

####​

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
So, I am being lazy and am hoping someone can chime in.
I have a Jagged X rzr 900 and would like to come race in June.
It has 4 points and metal roof. Do I need to make the doors non-opening? Can I just add nets and the rear amber light and be ready to race?
Thanks

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
So, I am being lazy and am hoping someone can chime in.
I have a Jagged X rzr 900 and would like to come race in June.
It has 4 points and metal roof. Do I need to make the doors non-opening? Can I just add nets and the rear amber light and be ready to race?
Thanks
Add nets amber and the 5th point hose clamp your door and you should be good.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
It was nice having you guys there all weekend taken care of everyone and really getting involved. Not just showing up for an hr to make money and leave. Hope you come out more.
Not COOL to bash Rugged radios for only coming out for the day, and I assure you there not there "to make money and leave"! They've been there every race this year and last to help every racer that pulls up to the trailer and I guarantee you they don't make enough money to cover the cost of 2 guys for 10hr and fuel for the 6hr round trip. What does it matter if vendors or manufacturers come out for 1 day or 2, the fact that there coming out to help racer is great and you should NEVER disrespect them on any forum for that, not good for the series if other venders think if they don't come out for more then a day that we're not grateful!! so think twice before posting!!

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Not COOL to bash Rugged radios for only coming out for the day, and I assure you there not there "to make money and leave"! They've been there every race this year and last to help every racer that pulls up to the trailer and I guarantee you they don't make enough money to cover the cost of 2 guys for 10hr and fuel for the 6hr round trip. What does it matter if vendors or manufacturers come out for 1 day or 2, the fact that there coming out to help racer is great and you should NEVER disrespect them on any forum for that, not good for the series if other venders think if they don't come out for more then a day that we're not grateful!! so think twice before posting!!
Didn't say any names and I wasn't bashing anyone. I was agreeing with them when they said it was nice to come out and stay the whole weekend. And it was nice to have the help there all weekend. The 1st race we bought an 2 radio from rugged only to have it not work during the race and it would have been nice to get that help for the race but they where gone. After being there for maybe 2 hrs. It's not bashing at all freedom of speech. I am grateful for anyone that comes out to help this event.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
Didn't say any names and I wasn't bashing anyone. I was agreeing with them when they said it was nice to come out and stay the whole weekend. And it was nice to have the help there all weekend. The 1st race we bought an 2 radio from rugged only to have it not work during the race and it would have been nice to get that help for the race but they where gone. After being there for maybe 2 hrs. It's not bashing at all freedom of speech. I am grateful for anyone that comes out to help this event.
FUNNY YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
FUNNY YOU JUST DON'T GET IT
I get it and your right I should have prob reworded what I said diff. I am sorry to rugged any anyone else to who this my have upset. I have no prob with either company's I have both there stuff in my car. It was just nice having more company's getting involved and helping out.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I really enjoyed this event. I thought the course was marked lot better for the most part. There were a few turns that were marked way late or not marked at all. They were around mile marker 30 or so. Going to pink or orange ribbon would still help alot for course markers.

Thanks for putting on a great event.

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
I'll second that , last year in my old car I ran rugged and they were more than willing to help me out and even remembered who I was at other races. When I purchased my new car in came with PCI so I am now running that. Bottom line is both companies are great at what they do and we are LUCKY to have them come to a smaller series like AVE. I just hope they are both getting a good enough return in investment to continue their sponsorships.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
I'll second that , last year in my old car I ran rugged and they were more than willing to help me out and even remembered who I was at other races. When I purchased my new car in came with PCI so I am now running that. Bottom line is both companies are great at what they do and we are LUCKY to have them come to a smaller series like AVE. I just hope they are both getting a good enough return in investment to continue their sponsorships.

I'l be the first to endorse the two companies. I have spoken with them and their goal, when it come down to the fine points, it is you the racers. They want to make sure that you run safely but when things go bad, your radios must work so you can get help.

Indeed, Rugged has been in our series from the beginning, and we appreciate them very much. We also have a long history with PCI, dating back to 1986 and our first event as promoters.

They say, you can't have too many "good" friends, and with know that with Rugged Radios and PCI Race Communications, we have the best business to take care of you the racers.

In the final analysis, that's what it's all about!

Lou Peralta
AVE Racing
www.averacing.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000