Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Obviously based on my results, I'm not a fan of that..... lol... But I'd really like to see the qualifying deal happen... It was supposed to happen on the last couple races and never did. I think that might help the spreading out on the course with the faster guys not bottle necking really quick off the start because of a "slower" car no offense to anyone racing just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many of you know that I really liked qualifying for starting positions. Some did not like doing it just before the race and I can understand that. That's why we only had a handful of racers qualifying last year.

Others didn't like to do it on Friday, which means they would have to leave work early. I can understand that as well. So qualifying is still in limbo unless we decide to do it at 7 pm on the Friday before the event. That could work.

The idea of starting racers according to the Overall position from the last race is an excellent suggestion. That may work for this next race. It's within our technology. Those who did not make the PURE 125 will draw for starting positions AFTER the others have left.

PCI is having a BBQ on Friday so maybe that's the time to do the drawing.

I will decide in the next few days.

Lou

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
To make sure everyone understands: PCI and us Baja Promotions/BP Racing/AVE Racing go back a lot of years. In fact in 1986 Bob Steinberg and I got together in Baja to help us out with radio communications. We love what they did for us and more importantly what they do for all racers.

Having said that, we have a lot of love and respect for Rugged Radio who were the first to be at all our PURE events. They know how to take care of their customers. We really appreciate them as well.

This sport is all about the racers and their needs and I can't tell you how delighted I am to have these two great companies with us.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
LAST MINUTE UPDATES...

WOW WE GOT US A HUM-DINGER!!!

Dear Racers and Friends/Supporters.

They say that “Necessity is the Mother of Invention.†We have been somewhat forced to do something about our race courses and as such, we needed to make some modifications.
NO PROBLEMA! -- I’m delighted to tell you that we have come up with one of the best 43.2-mile courses we’ve ever laid out. It has everything in short spurts, except a section that is going to be very fast for the first two laps and then it will start decaying. But we think this course is really exciting, unique, fun, challenging and when you are done, you’re going to know you’ve been in a race!

1. We have placed race notes on the map just to give you a heads-up. We want to rate the course as a 6.9 (10 being a freeway), but I’ve got a feeling that after the second lap, it may be down to maybe 5.2. Just saying.
2. We have made comments in the course map so when you pre-run you’ll be able to see what we mean, as well as, have the route in your GPS, as we will be able to share with you our Google Earth .kml file.

But here are a few matters you need to know:

1. Only racers who have signed up for the event will be able to obtain the map and the .kml file.

2. You have until Thursday, April 3, at 6 p.m. to enter the event and pay the regular entry fee. After that you will have to pay a late fee.

3. Pre-running will start at Noon on Friday, April 4 until Midnight. We will be there to provide you with the course map and “kml†file. You will need to convert the .kml file to the type of file you need for your GPS. We do not have the mini-chip.

4. However, to avoid having to wait or having to chase one of us down, while we are putting the finishing touches on the course or the start/finish area, anyone who has already signed up, can e-mail us your request for the course map and “kml†file on Thursday after 6 p.m. (that’s when regular entries close). We will then be able to e-mail you back the information and you’ll be ready to pre-run on Friday.

5. Every vehicle in competition gets one parking spot inside the “Hot Pits†area. The ‘Hot Pits†are next to the course and around the horseshoe-type layout. If you have additional vehicles, please park them behind the main pit vehicle so that everyone gets a spot.

6. Around RM26 we have designated that area as the “Mid-Way†pits in the event you wish to send someone there. Access to that spot is noted on the course map. That is the ONLY place you may dispense fuel for your race vehicle and NO OTHER PLACE, PLEASE!!!

7. We will have PCI Race Relay radio communications atop Madison Hill, which will cover the entire course, except for a couple of small spots. Official Race frequency is 151.625 MHz (The Weatherman Channel).

8. We will also have our cells telephones on and you can reach us at: 661.524.1550 or 1554. If there are other numbers, we will provide these during the racer’s meeting on Saturday morning.

9. PCI will be setting up their spot Friday, midday in the Vendor’s area. They will be open for anyone wishing to fine tune their radio or GPS.

10. PCI will also be hosting a BBQ around 7 p.m. and everyone is invited.

11. All communications during the race will go through PCI through a protocol system, which will be explained during the racer’s meeting.

12. TRI-STAR Medical will set-up at various spots along the course to offer immediate response in the event of an incident or accident. Please remain with your vehicle at all times. The emergency vehicle(s) take precedence above all other vehicles on the course. It may be necessary for a racer to come to a complete stop should our Medical Response Team deem it necessary. They always have the right-a-way!

13. Remember, “chase vehicles†must also adhere to these protocols.

14. No one is allowed to access the course without first getting approval from an AVE Race Official or through PCI.

15. As always, Rugged Radio will also be there to lend assistance with your Rugged Radio systems, pre- and during the event.

16. CONTINGENCY and TECH will take place Saturday, from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. No vehicle or race will be allowed to start without that proper documentation and wrist band.

17. Check-in and “late†registration will open at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 5 and close at 10 a.m. Don’t wait until the last minute please.

18. Mandatory Racer’s meeting will start at 10 a.m. It will be brief so be ready to ask any final questions you might have.

19. The race will start at exactly 11 a.m.

20. We will start one car every 15 seconds!

21. We will line up cars that have already signed up for this event, according to the Overall position you finished at our first event. If you have not signed up by Thursday at 6 p.m., you will then be put in with the rest of the people who did not participate in our first event, and your number will be drawn accordingly.

22. VERY IMPORTANT: You will be informed as to when to “stage†for the start. We will have a list. Failure to “stage†at the proper time will relegate you to the end of the line, however, your starting time will remain in the position you should have started. NO EXCEPTIONS!

23. The official race is four (4) laps. The first vehicle to complete four laps will get the Checkered flag and every vehicle thereafter, will also get the Checkered flag, no matter how many laps you may have completed.

24. We will be using IRC’s updated tracking system that should be able to be tracked through the internet during the race. Everyone MUST have one in their vehicle.
o It’s very important that the IRC tracker is fastened inside your vehicle. We will help with that. However, it is your responsibility to make sure you don’t lose it.
o It is also your responsibility that when you finish or if you are out of the race early, that you return the IRC tracker back to us.
o Failure to turn-in the equipment may be sufficient cause to penalize, disqualify and/or cost you as much as $350.

25. Once you enter the Main Pits and through the “scoring chute†and until you leave the pits the SPEED LIMIT IS 15 M.P.H.

26. Awards will be held at the start/finish on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.

REMINDER – THE JUNE 27-29, PURE “200†will start at 6 p.m. It will be a lap race. Number of laps TBA.

More details and last minute instructions will be given at the Mandatory Racer’s Meeting.

Good luck and hope to see many of you.

Lou
AVE

Attachments

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Lou, I have taken a break from prepping my car and noticed one of your highlighted rules says that the only place to dispense fuel will be race mile 26... are we not allowed to re-fuel in the main pits anymore?

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Hey Lou, I have taken a break from prepping my car and noticed one of your highlighted rules says that the only place to dispense fuel will be race mile 26... are we not allowed to re-fuel in the main pits anymore?
I am pretty sure you still can. And the only other place will be at mile 26 no where else on te course.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Of course you are, sorry I should have said the ONLY OTHER place is RM26. My bad.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
For immediate press release…

BPGRAPHICS POSTS THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL CONTINGENCY AWARDS

CALIFORNIA CITY, CA – MAR 29, 2014 - AVE is proud to announce that BP Graphics has stepped up and set up a “Contingency†Package that will vary from race-to-race, with all exciting Graphic prizes for those who qualify.

For the PURE “175†– April 4-6, BP Graphics will post the following:

1st Place = A 3’ X 5’ Team Banner
2nd Place = A 3’ X 5’ Team Banner
3rd Place = A 3’ X 5’ Team Banner

REQUIREMENTS: Must run BPGraphics decals on both sides of the vehicle and have no competing decals. There must be at least three (3) vehicles in Class to qualify for the prizes.

According to race Promoter, Lou Peralta, “This is just terrific! I think for the first time ever, at least in all our events, a graphics company will be awarding graphic designs that benefit the team, the racer and crew. This is going to be exceptional. I don’t think this has ever been done in the other series in our sport. Just Fabulous!â€

In addition to the “Team Banner(s)†BGraphics may be awarding at the next events in the 2014 PURE Series items such as; “Team Decals,†Team Flags,†“Team Signs†“Team Graphics,†and several other distinctive items beneficial to the teams.

BPGraphics is among the number of other Contingency sponsors such as; PCI, SUNOCO, Baja Designs, King Shocks, Lazer Lights, ProLine Wraps, Rugged Radios, Can-Am, and KC Hilites and others that support the PURE Series.

For more details visit: www.averacing.com

#####

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
In the last AVE race how many unlimited 4 entries where there, and does the class have a pro class with payback? Since I have welded in different rear upper mounts I have to race this class correct?

Co-Dawg 1915

Mar 19, 2014
I've done starts like this before, 2 cars side by side every 30 seconds... Works well, definitely a crowd pleaser. Lou will have to keep track of timing a little different but I'd be up for trying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree a two at a time start would be great. It worked really well at the Mint this year. Your adrenaline really gets going when you are in a drag race and then around a couple of turns trying to be the first car to the single lane. Another thing that would help would be to water down the first half mile or so to keep the dust down at the start line.

Co-Dawg 1915

Mar 19, 2014
In the last AVE race how many unlimited 4 entries where there, and does the class have a pro class with payback? Since I have welded in different rear upper mounts I have to race this class correct?
I believe that it is similar to BITD, you can change shock mount location, just not a-arm / trailing arm mounting locations. You should be able to race in the Pro 1000 production class.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
Rule 15.1.1: Shock Absorbers
Stock shocks or aftermarket replacements shocks are permitted so as for as the original chassis mounting points are retained. Factory mounting position may have material added for the purpose to strengthen, but must retain the factory material, and specification. Upper shock mount can be repositioned but must be an off the shelf bolt in kit. No weld in mounts allowed.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
There where 0 entries in the unlimited 4 class last race and $200 of every pro entry goes into that classes purse

Co-Dawg 1915

Mar 19, 2014
Rule 15.1.1: Shock Absorbers
Stock shocks or aftermarket replacements shocks are permitted so as for as the original chassis mounting points are retained. Factory mounting position may have material added for the purpose to strengthen, but must retain the factory material, and specification. Upper shock mount can be repositioned but must be an off the shelf bolt in kit. No weld in mounts allowed.
I believe Brightside Racing ran in the Pro 1000 class last year with us, and that car has different shock mounting points.

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
We should all race together IMO. Who cares if it's long travel or a longer stroke shock. Racing is racing and unless you want to build a spec class there will always be something or someone different.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I see both arguments for allowing the "unlimited" guys to race with the "production" guys, I'm coming out to have fun so it doesn't matter to me, but if I beat some of the higher budget unlimited cars, I'll feel better about my team... I have read a lot of complaints about tech and the classes... don't want to rustle any feathers, but sounds like Cwb from Moval knows the rules pretty good and I'll nominate him to tech everyone's cars if Lou would be ok with that... just a suggestion

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
I see both arguments for allowing the "unlimited" guys to race with the "production" guys, I'm coming out to have fun so it doesn't matter to me, but if I beat some of the higher budget unlimited cars, I'll feel better about my team... I have read a lot of complaints about tech and the classes... don't want to rustle any feathers, but sounds like Cwb from Moval knows the rules pretty good and I'll nominate him to tech everyone's cars if Lou would be ok with that... just a suggestion
I agree with that.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000