PCI SXS Busa Build

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
Made some upper arms yeaterday... almost on wheels, gonna try and work on the rear today. ill update once i get further along...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Gosh damn! this thing is coming out insane! I just featured it on our Facebook page! Nice work JP!
thank you bro!

got the front end is basically 100% welded and put together, just need to do some minor upper arm adjusting which is why i put them on hiems, but gonna wait till i have the thing on the ground. On to the back tomorrow...

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Those spindles belong behind glass.... I just noticed you did tubular uppers with the boxed lowers. I don't think I have seen a mix and match like that before but it makes total sense for smashing and mashing JP.

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Those spindles belong behind glass.... I just noticed you did tubular uppers with the boxed lowers. I don't think I have seen a mix and match like that before but it makes total sense for smashing and mashing JP.
What up Jason! Ya, a lot of guys do that. I really am intending on doing boxed upper arms, but figured this would be a lot easier and get the job done for testing. But ya, a lot of guys do it....

That looks fun! I wish you were my neighbor lol
Lol, I ride with all my neighbors so we have pretty legit weekend around Here. These fools went out and learned autocad so they can design a bunch of custom crap for themselves. Haha, Then its, can you biuld this? I've lost track of how many cages I've built and powdercoated throughout the years for all these guys. They keep me busy that for sure.

There's a house for sale down the street. Pick it up! Haha

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Alright guys, well i had a super busy weekend; including a superbowl party today of which i tried to work through as much as i could. anyways, i got the rear of the car kinda mocked up, and upper arms tacked, obviously the upper arms arent done, but i just wanted to get something together so i could cycle it. looks like im getting 17-18" of tavel. pretty clean throughout. dont plan on using those stock spindles, just used them for mock up and didnt want to get weld spatter all over the final product, so just used the stockys...

I was really hoping to have this thing on wheels, but concidering i had some design time for the rear bulk head/shock tower parts, a grip of welding and some fit and finish, i feel like i did ok... unfortunatly time just didnt allow it to get on the ground. anyways, im literally a few hours from making it happen... i hope you guys like how its coming together...

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I say we get a weight raffle going.. winner gets a PCI t-shirt. :D

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
We have the fronts and left rear in stock.. Right rear came back from heat treat, and they are going through powder..so we can ship them in a couple days.

G---

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Looks great. Just in case you did not know there are a lot of busa upgrades out there. I have a dry sump kit, alternator kit, BMW clutch slave conversion, lock up clutc, etc for a busa. I am collecting parts for my AWD busa build.

A couple questions.

1. I have the same front shocks. Did you use the Rhino front frame mount geometry? If so, how much for a bulkhead and or arms?

2. Are you going front steer? I have front and rear steer rhino spindles that run VW wheel bearing snouts to run wide five or 4x110 custom front brakes. It all depends on the rear hub pattern used. I had to make my own because of the ackerman angle thing. If you are using stock style spindles up front as shown, how are you planning to correct the ackerman angle?

I can post pics of mine if you are interested.

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
We have the fronts and left rear in stock.. Right rear came back from heat treat, and they are going through powder..so we can ship them in a couple days.

G---
I'll wait till you have all four, and ill take them in unpowdercoated....

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Looks great. Just in case you did not know there are a lot of busa upgrades out there. I have a dry sump kit, alternator kit, BMW clutch slave conversion, lock up clutc, etc for a busa. I am collecting parts for my AWD busa build.

A couple questions.

1. I have the same front shocks. Did you use the Rhino front frame mount geometry? If so, how much for a bulkhead and or arms?

2. Are you going front steer? I have front and rear steer rhino spindles that run VW wheel bearing snouts to run wide five or 4x110 custom front brakes. It all depends on the rear hub pattern used. I had to make my own because of the ackerman angle thing. If you are using stock style spindles up front as shown, how are you planning to correct the ackerman angle?

I can post pics of mine if you are interested.
I'll talk to you via pm... Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000