PCI SXS Busa Build

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
You never know, would need a bunch of testing and a body before that could happen.... I'm jigging the car now so you never know. The cool thing about this build is I've allowed for a bunch of motor combinations; from subbys, to eco, to v6's with tranny; this is why i jammed a 15 gal fuel cell in her. I also designed it to accept trailing arms, giving me a lot of options. I personally went with a arms for reasons I will eventually discuss, but not till all my testing is done....

Last edited:

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Its about effen tyme Juan! Its coming along nice! Cait wait to see the final product! BTW did you decide if you are gonna throw a turbo in that beast?

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Its about effen tyme Juan! Its coming along nice! Cait wait to see the final product! BTW did you decide if you are gonna throw a turbo in that beast?
im more inclined to build the motor, rather than turbo it. you guys know im a desert guy and dont need the spool of a turbo to climb sand hills. we'll see how she does, the car shouldnt be too heavy to utilize the stock 200 hp. if it is and i cant acheive what i want through some minor motor building, ill move to plan be on the power plant. this is more an experiment than anything else and will require testing, and some trial and error. my gut and experience tells me it should work out fine. time will tell....

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
im more inclined to build the motor, rather than turbo it. you guys know im a desert guy and dont need the spool of a turbo to climb sand hills. we'll see how she does, the car shouldnt be too heavy to utilize the stock 200 hp. if it is and i cant acheive what i want through some minor motor building, ill move to plan be on the power plant. this is more an experiment than anything else and will require testing, and some trial and error. my gut and experience tells me it should work out fine. time will tell....
Nice vocal vato! LOL
I only asked because you liked the idea of a turbo charged busa after seeing the single seater buggy we saw out in Dumont on Halloween. That thing was hauling the mail up comp!

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Nice work! I like the design!
thank you, was trying to get as clean a lines as possible. a lot of the builds out there dont look real proportioned, so i went with the motor behind the seats to keep a little narrower cab (still kinda wide) and maintain a low narrow center. this will hopefully improve handleing...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Nice vocal vato! LOL
I only asked because you liked the idea of a turbo charged busa after seeing the single seater buggy we saw out in Dumont on Halloween. That thing was hauling the mail up comp!
Ya, that thing was real impressive, i couldnt beleive how fast that thing was.; it was deff one of the fastest things out there all weekend. i just like the idea of natural asperation for what im doing...

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Ya, that thing was real impressive, i couldnt beleive how fast that thing was.; it was deff one of the fastest things out there all weekend. i just like the idea of natural asperation for what im doing...
I hear yeah. Looks good so far man.
Let me know if you need any help with CAD buddy. ;)

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Great build, always in awe of people who have the skills and got the dedication to make the time to complete what to me is art.

Love to see is finished having seen the thread go this far and love the idea that you've built it for a fairly open configuration. :cool:

If you go commercial I'll have to investigate existing and new race categories here.

Cheers

Gavin

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Great build, always in awe of people who have the skills and got the dedication to make the time to complete what to me is art.

Love to see is finished having seen the thread go this far and love the idea that you've built it for a fairly open configuration. :cool:

If you go commercial I'll have to investigate existing and new race categories here.

Cheers

Gavin
ill keep it going, been way too involved and way too much time invested for it not to be completed... im hoping to start testing in about 3 months...

Is it a roller yet?? MOAR PICS! lol
a few more weeks joey.... im always swamped, juggeling my career. business, family, etc... unfortunatly this build is one of my last priorities... i think if i move it to the shop, ill move faster since im here so much...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Sweet, i bet you will have less into the build than buying a new SXS.

Keep up the posting, slacker!!!!
Lol, thanks mike.... Ya not too bad on cost although there are ways I could have cut cost, thus the reason I built my own... I wanted something that had everything I wanted. I wanted the wheel base, track width, travel, and hp... No one offers eveything I wanted... So I feel like I'm building the perfect car for me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000