NEW SKAT-TRAK 30" PADDLE TIRES

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Just got back from Winchester those skats are sweet. Thanks Tim!!! I hit every steep dune I wanted to, all the big monsters in back on the south end with zero issues. Except the notorious nose dive when you you tap on the brakes coming over huge rzr backs SKETCH. I did however roll the rzr in the flats. It pushed the rear drivers side paddle about 2.5 inches into the rim. These Skats hold a wicked bead held air all the way back to camp.
Tim should put a warning label on the box that reads use caution as your new Skat-Trak tires and wheels can and will Cause you to carry Excessive speed so use Extreme Caution when Duning.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Skattrakdaddy

Aug 8, 2015
Tim should put a warning label on the box that reads use caution as your new Skat-Trak tires and wheels can and will Cause you to carry Excessive speed so use Extreme Caution when Duning.

no shit.... Skats turn your rzr into somthing different...lol

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
So what is the difference in thickness of the comp cut STU and your Skat. I've ran both tires but I was always worried the tire was really thin. That is also the reason I won't use a comp cut. I worry about sticks going through the tire too easy or lava rocks. I know they can put a hole in any tire but just wondering how the compare?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
So what is the difference in thickness of the comp cut STU and your Skat. I've ran both tires but I was always worried the tire was really thin. That is also the reason I won't use a comp cut. I worry about sticks going through the tire too easy or lava rocks. I know they can put a hole in any tire but just wondering how the compare?
In all honesty they are both thin compared to a dirt tire. The Stu is a 2 ply tire and The Extreme Skat is a 4 ply tire. The Extremes can be buffed more or less depending what the Customer wants you could order skats with just a Skim over Buff an they stay pretty thick. Nobody in our camp has had a Flat tire on there Skats due to punctures and skats will not be air leakers like a comp cut Stu. Either way the Best SxS paddle for performance is the Skats hands down. The funny thing is years ago nobody would talk about there performance tricks and the Skat-Trak advantage was kept pretty quiet. Even Tim didnt say much back in the Rhino days Tims stock Rhino with carb tune and sheave mod on 6 Paddle Skats would run 67 mph at Glamis and everyone thought it was a big motor mod car. LOL nope 6 Paddle. Not much drag or resistance.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
Just placed my order. Should have them by Friday. I'll be sure not to post on the other forum as I've already had words with certain moderators over there and don't want to get banned.

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Just placed my order. Should have them by Friday. I'll be sure not to post on the other forum as I've already had words with certain moderators over there and don't want to get banned.
Dude that's hilarious that they get on people hard for mentioning Skats and Dave whines like a stuck hog when anyone mentions anything other than what he sells. Fullerton Sand sports is not an unbiased dealer as they like to claim which just kills me as they tell that lie over and over. They push that molded tire as the best for any and all applications as Dave likes to say. Skats for Life

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Actually I've bought both Skat and STU from Dave. He will make you anything you want. He really has nothing to do with moderating there forum. He is a good person believe it or not. Lol

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Actually I've bought both Skat and STU from Dave. He will make you anything you want. He really has nothing to do with moderating there forum. He is a good person believe it or not. Lol
I know they haven't made a real Order in years other than on quad tires. I know the owners of Skat-Trak, and I think it's unfortunate that there name is used as a Tool when selling stuff when they don't carry the UTV Tires.

Last edited:

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Skats have always been a bad @ss tire, i find it weird that this is just now coming to light for most.

Back in the quad days everybody wanted Skats they were just super expensive so we all went molded to save money because we rode quads and were broke anyway.

Rhino days and the Skats on the small 10" douglas rim to save weight were the best.

Nothing has changed.

That has been my experience at least.

Hell i even had Skats on my ol rzr 800, would smoke the doonz paddle guys.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Skats have always been a bad @ss tire, i find it weird that this is just now coming to light for most.

Back in the quad days everybody wanted Skats they were just super expensive so we all went molded to save money because we rode quads and were broke anyway.

Rhino days and the Skats on the small 10" douglas rim to save weight were the best.

Nothing has changed.

Oh yeah the RZR 800s with Skats was defined the way to go and nothing has changed at all. The best is when a guy dunes his car and has a good feel for his car and then pops on some Skats and realizes wow it's like a new machine with 10+ hp found. Lol

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Nothing has changed.

You hit the nail on the head right there, People that wanted a cheap tire bought a Molded tire and thats the funny thing now is Fullerton charges big money for there STU and bead lock wheel setup to the tune of about $2500 for a set of Molded chinese style tires. Thats the money maker as thats where they make a fat check cause those molded tires are cheap and easy to handle. They should be way less money than a Skat-Trak tire that has to start life as a premade tire then Buffed down(Labor) then paddles Vulcanized to it.(more time and Money) and skat trak is located in the most expensive place in the world to operate as a buisness California. So how in the world can a STU molded chinese style tire cost more. LMAO REALLY. Those STU tires should sell for about the same as Sand Strippers or Sand Slingerz you see might point.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
You do know STU (Sand Tires Unlimited) is in California as well? Temecula I believe.

What is the cost of the new 30" Skats compared to the STUs?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You do know STU (Sand Tires Unlimited) is in California as well? Temecula I believe.

They are. Lol.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Lmao what do they do, have a phone line maybe and order up some tires when needed. They don't have much labor invested in each tire lol.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Tim said he gets $1002 for a complete set of Skats.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Then how come STU guys are paying $2500 to $2800 a set.
From what I've seen. Rims are not that expensive.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
They are. Lol.

It is an actual store.
Then how come STU guys are paying $2500 to $2800 a set.
From what I've seen. Rims are not that expensive.

Go look at how much a set of hyper wheels are in a 14" rim with beadlocks, over $350 a rim. Douglas are close to $300 a rim. The rims you choose are the cost driver.

I have seen a complete set up on non-beadlock for $1,900.00 or less

Kartek list the price on there website at $319 for the rears and $169 for the fronts so at full retail price before taxes you are a little under $1000.00.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
unnamed-1.jpg unnamed-2.jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed-3.jpg unnamed-5.jpg

So I got my Staks yesterday and i figured i would do a little comparison for the fun of it. I am by no means tied to any company. All tires were inflated to 15psi. The sale used is a very good scale used for my dads meat business so it wasn't a home scale to see how fat I am.

Stock Bighorns on Stock Rims
Front - weight 38.8lbs rollout 89 1/2 inches
Rear - weight 43.2lbs rollout 90 3/8 inches

STU Blasters #1 14 Paddle on Method 401 Beadlock All 4 Are 14 x 7 With 5+2 Spacing
Front - weight 31.8lbs rollout 89 1/2 inches
Rear - weight 39.8lbs rollout 93 3/4 inches

Skattrak Extreme 9 Paddle on CMS Front are 14x7 3+4 Rears are 14x8 with 3+5 spacing
Front - weight 24.9lbs rollout 94 inches
Rear - weight 28.6lbs rollout 97 1/2 inches

Stock Total Weight 164lbs
STU Total Weight 143.2lbs
Skat Total Weight 107lbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000