NEW SKAT-TRAK 30" PADDLE TIRES

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
When people see them out in the dunes this season with the huge rollout, I think the stu/skat ratio will be changing. A lot of people buy the stu's for the looks.

Nice self quote by the way

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Some dealers sell a few Skat-Trak quad tires and claim to be a unbiased Dealer as they sell other brands that have more profit built in to there bottom line, cheaply made molded tires are just exactly that cheap and when they retail them they make more money than the Skats. So they claim that in most applications that there molded tire is better for that application which seems to be every application, Lmao. I see who the Dealers are that place big orders and those that don't do shit. So be careful as to what you hear on other forums. FYI.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
With pro armor coming out with a sand tire like the STU, and the Strippers, there's a few 14-16 molded paddles on the market. Make a similar tire to what's been popular makes sense I guess. Cool thing, there's nothing out there like Skat Trak.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Have you seen the Scoop on that Pro armor tire. LMAO REALLY. WTF. and by the looks of it its short once its in the sand on the carcass as it sits on the ground its on the blade tips. Kinda like all molded tires they do drop in the sand so meausuring the carcass like skat does is an accurate measurement of Roll out. I stopped by Skat-Trak a few weeks back and they were buffing down some of those STU steer tires into a wanabe buff front but its short and a weird shape when buffed down. Ramon at Skat-Trak measured the Roll out on that Steer tire at the 15 PSI like they do all tires and that tire is Short at 86" and Ramon mesures them of the center line of the tire not the Tip of the tire since it also rests into the sand. Tims getting great feedback from all of the customers that have them now all across the country.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Hey Noel I was on the road all day and responding to you from my cell phone and never saw this. there is some older paddle builds that's not even close to these new Extreme Skats.
The Roll out I saw at Tims Shop were all around 94 to 95+ lately and that makes them all solid 30" tires and Skat measures roll out on all tires after the buff. so that is 15 PSI and these tires should be run generally at 12 or so and they don't lose any rollout to speak of that is barely noticeable at 12 PSI. I will try and get some of the 95+ Roll out for my rears and I want to dig through the pile of fronts to get them up around 97" Roll out.
Like I said before on the tire weight the front buff is like 13 lbs and a 9 Blade rear is 16 to 17 maybe.
The Height is what everyone is looking for Tim says.
Tim has been selling tires like hot cakes all summer long all over the country and he gets great feed back from the customers on how the tires work and what not so if you have any specific questions about certain Dune areas you ride in ask Tim as he has customers world wide.

I like talking to Tim. Between you and him I am not sure who likes talking about paddle tires more. LMAO! I will find you at the sand show to bullshit some more.

The light weight rims and bigger rollout will not doubt be a nice set up.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I like talking to Tim. Between you and him I am not sure who likes talking about paddle tires more. LMAO! I will find you at the sand show to bullshit some more.

The light weight rims and bigger rollout will not doubt be a nice set up.
Tim. Is a performance guru and loves to make sure what ever he does its the best it can be. Even checks out every tire that is made for the sand cars personally and if they are out of spec they go back. He doesn't sell anything he's not happy with at all. This is his favorite thing now but it's not all he does.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Ask him about Turbos one day. Hehe

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Tims all about common sense. And people that lack it don't get it fast lol.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Remember what I told you about go fast tires.

Reactions: mearsman

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Alright I've been reading through pages and pages of paddle topics mostly on the rzr forum. Glad I came over here. Can someone please post tims number. I think I'd like to give him a call.
LMAO RZR forum that place is run by dave at Fullerton and his little group of 2nd string back benchers that really have no clue. Call Tim and he will give you it strait forward and with common sense. Tim Kelly 602 576 1043

Reactions: mearsman

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
LMAO RZR forum that place is run by dave at Fullerton and his little group of 2nd string back benchers that really have no clue. Call Tim and he will give you it strait forward and with common sense. Tim Kelly 602 576 1043

Called Tim. Spent about 40 well worth it minutes on the phone with him. Thanks for the number. Should have just called him rather then spending hours on the computer reading thread after thread trying to figure it out. Now all I need is someone to help me with a clutch kit because this dirty dawg set up didn't help at all

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Called Tim. Spent about 40 well worth it minutes on the phone with him. Thanks for the number. Should have just called him rather then spending hours on the computer reading thread after thread trying to figure it out. Now all I need is someone to help me with a clutch kit because this dirty dawg set up didn't help at all
Go back to stock, glad Tim could help his name is like a four letter word on the forums.net as they protect there buddy Dave and keep everyone in the dark thinking STUs are it. Lol. People that want performance buy the Skats and trailer Queens get molded tires.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
Go back to stock, glad Tim could help his name is like a four letter word on the forums.net as they protect there buddy Dave and keep everyone in the dark thinking STUs are it. Lol. People that want performance buy the Skats and trailer Queens get molded tires.

So I'm going to order here in the next few days. Going with the cms rims. 7in front. 8in rear with the 9 paddle extremes. 30x11 front and rear. I tend to drive the car like I ride a dirt bike. Definatly more straight line and not tight like quad riding. It's a 14' xp 1000 4 seat but only run 2 people. Am I getting the right size rim. Right size tire? Should I go with the 13 inch wide tire or is the 11 the way to go? I know what tim told me and I trust him. But man it's so backward from what "the other side" says is correct. I'm sold on the skats don't get me wrong just want to make sure I order correct

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
So I'm going to order here in the next few days. Going with the cms rims. 7in front. 8in rear with the 9 paddle extremes. 30x11 front and rear. I tend to drive the car like I ride a dirt bike. Definatly more straight line and not tight like quad riding. It's a 14' xp 1000 4 seat but only run 2 people. Am I getting the right size rim. Right size tire? Should I go with the 13 inch wide tire or is the 11 the way to go? I know what tim told me and I trust him. But man it's so backward from what "the other side" says is correct. I'm sold on the skats don't get me wrong just want to make sure I order correct
Dude that's the way and The narrow rim works great and for all the reasons Tim told you and it works no BS. Tim manufacturers sand car paddles and the UTV tires and has customers world wide so he does know whats up. He also still rides the dirt bike all the time and does the dunes and Cinders with the sand car stuff so he is well versed in all aspects of this stuff. It will work.

Skattrakdaddy

Aug 8, 2015
Just got back from Winchester those skats are sweet. Thanks Tim!!! I hit every steep dune I wanted to, all the big monsters in back on the south end with zero issues. Except the notorious nose dive when you you tap on the brakes coming over huge rzr backs SKETCH. I did however roll the rzr in the flats. It pushed the rear drivers side paddle about 2.5 inches into the rim. These Skats hold a wicked bead held air all the way back to camp.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I think your information on the paddles is interesting and make sense. I just hate that you feel the need to bash people.
Well i dont want to Bash on any one. but many years ago I was treated like I was some Dummy and talked down to by them and have never forgot it. So I don't have any love lost. Lol

Reactions: crazywatson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000