How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
like I said nobody will be racing a new turbo car V2R you just cant build one that fast
I for one wouldn't be surprised if you and JX show up with a completed unit. Good luck with the build and thanks for the pics of that fantastic shop there.

Murray Racing is looking forward to V2R......lots of pent up aggression since the 500!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
2016 Wildcat X? It looks like the photos floating around last year with dual shocks was not a joke. VW style rear arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glamisfan

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Looks like a pair of new wildcats without all the plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Using the same precedence of changing the rules to keep up with the manufacturers & model year (or quarterly) changes: A 2 shock, gearbox, 1200cc Turbo would be legal if that is the progression by a manufacturer; given the current rules and if one came out (I get the 1000cc rule, but what if).

No?

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Dude the farmers are rollin deep on the ranch with the new "Game Changing" 6 speed gear box.
You keep touching on "Game Changer"....what gives you the idea that a turbo is a game changer? Can-Am re-leased a Turbo and it hasnt changed any game... Honda's Gearbox is a game changer? Its still in a farm truck platform. I dont see anyone thing any manufacture doing as a game changer. All these small changes are adaptable....and as someone else already mentioned....a XP900 took a podium spot at the UTVWC....so I have yet to see anything change any game.
So, again as an outsider:

First a "Turbo", now a "sequential transmission gearbox"/non CVT, anyone with a crystal ball willing to bet against a bigger bore or multi shocked or any other outlandish ideas? maybe the hover thingy :confused:

Anyone think that Polaris or Can Am may respond to the new Yamaha with a Gearbox-Turbo or ??? model; and at what point is the game changed if you continue with these "factory rules", disposable cars?

Keep in mind the manufacturers want to sell units to non racers and that racing is a VERY small % of the user community. Yes, racing helps marketing a very small tick, but Toyota ran a Tundra in a limited class to claim a Baja win with Ivan and they could care less if they had one, or 61 cars in the class. And the guys in Arkansas, Washington or Idaho that saw the commercial didn't know any better... It's Baja tough!

I know the logic is probably killing some of you...

Doug8765

Oct 24, 2014
Disposable cars? Man 15k for a disposable car? Most people spend that on there every day car

Sent from my iPhone using My finger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000