XP1000 engine in XP900...

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Been doing some reading and it looks like about $200 in Polaris parts and a Saturday plus a fuel controller will get a XP1000 engine into a XP900 and look stock. Some may ask why...the way I see it is these engines will be plentiful from insurance claims and for a pretty much bolt in swap I would search out a 1000 over a 900 if I wasted my engine. Alba is putting together a bolt in kit currently to make it easy. I would not do it for a purely hp bump.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I personally dont think id go that route. The 900 engine has some better qualities than the 1000 does:)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I thought the 1000 was the cats meow besides eating belts...
As of now Id take the 900 motor all day long over the 1000. Once the aftermarket catches up I may change my mind. For the $$$ your going to invest doing the swap...you can put that same $$$ in the 900 and have a BEAST of a motor that is still reliable and will run circles around a 1000.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
1k is fly by wire, wiring harness, ECU, throttle pedal, airbox, primary clutch, secondary clutch spring, clutch cover, are needed to convert. If you can get that for $200 I would like to use your parts guy please...;)

Now, a throttle motor delete, I wonder if you could make something like that work on a 1k and retain the 900 harness, throttle pedal/cable, and ECU?

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
1k is fly by wire, wiring harness, ECU, throttle pedal, airbox, primary clutch, secondary clutch spring, clutch cover, are needed to convert. If you can get that for $200 I would like to use your parts guy please...;)

Now, a throttle motor delete, I wonder if you could make something like that work on a 1k?
the thread I read was from a working conversion that converted the fly by wire. Alba Nate should have details soon. This is a bulk of what was done per the builder..

The project is completed and I wanted to thank the many that offered assistance and advice on this build. First of all, Nate from Alba Racing was invaluable with his advice and support, always right on, always supportive. Also appreciated the great people at Hunterworks, Mark from Queen Racing, Chad at Wasteland Engineering, and Jeremy from Nightkrawler Customs for taking the time to answer lots of questions. Lastly appreciate Joe and Brandon from Cycle Center of Denton for all of their help! The end product is just want I hoped for, lots of power in a lighter, smaller package, agile and quick and very reliable. The car looks like it came from the factory that way thanks to the awesome efforts of my great friend Steve Jones. I have a very specific list of items to be done to make the package work perfectly, including part numbers. 2013 are even easier than the 2012 and back. See ya'll out there.

a 2012 XP you need a 2014 XP1000 rear mount, I will post the part numbers tonight. The best way to do this is to buy a complete motor from a conversion car, I found three the first day I was looking. It's best because otherwise you need the starter, flywheel, and exhaust header. You will need to cutoff the stator connector from your 900 to use on the 1000, same wires just different connector. I used a Alba racing fuel controller which was a piece of cake to tune. You will also need to lengthen the muffler pipe to header 1 and half inches. Used a K & N for the crankcase vent. Alba clutch setup with 6.5, 3.5. 1.5 on the end. We built a conversion kit for the throttle by wire to use a cable but will have to do some more R & D for tuning purposing. We will make that work later since I would like to use the 48 mm versus 46 mm on the 12. Honestly it could done in a day. We fiddled with throttle by wire a lot, otherwise would have been running by the end of first day$$I ride a Muenster primarily, anyone interested let me know. My phone number is 972-679-7999. Thanks Keith

more...

7518826 x 8
5137795$
Factory Polaris parts needed:

7519286 x 4
7556153 x 4
7519043 x 2
5257086 x 1
Parts are about $200. You will need to modify the two bolts that go through the transmission and into the new engine. I machined mine and rethreaded, but you could just buy the two bolts Polaris as well.
Thanks to all for the nice comments! More than happy to explain particular points, just let me know. Oh, and yes it bolts into the 4 seater the same. Can't tell you much fun it is to drive with the extra power...Take care, Keith

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Doug, the fly by wire throttle bodies were modified to accept a cable.

Nate
Alba Racing

Atpalmer

Jan 10, 2014
Santa Clarita
I'm in the middle of installing a 1000 motor in my XP900. How did the throttle by wire delete work out? I opened up the throttle bodies and it loks like a difficult modification. Does Alba have a kit?

I considered using the 900 TBs but the 900 adaptors dont look like they will seal correctly and the 1000 adaptors are at a lower angle which causes the intake plenum to hit the transmission.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000