Who's Racing TURBO's at V2R?

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
It would be an impressive feat to have a car ready in that short of time. I couldn't see Johnny or Cognito going back to a 2 seat, Sims could probably get it ready in time he's done it before, and JX has probably had one for months testing, and it's ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
I still think Bitd should allow engine swaps from the same make, all the old xp1k's could bolt up the new turbo engine and clutch setup and with minor mods be up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Queen Racing

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Are the polaris turbos available to the public yet? If not, and there are some that will be racing them it seems like an unfair advantage

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Are the polaris turbos available to the public yet? If not, and there are some that will be racing them it seems like an unfair advantage
They are available. Most dealers have placed orders and machines are in route to them.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Wonder if they will arrive in time for Vegas to Reno. It appears that some teams have already had access to the new motors ahead of the public. In my opinion Desert racing is not or should not be Supercross racing where you have Factory teams and privateers, where the Factory teams have early access to equiptment that the privateers dont have.

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
Wonder if they will arrive in time for Vegas to Reno. It appears that some teams have already had access to the new motors ahead of the public. In my opinion Desert racing is not or should not be Supercross racing where you have Factory teams and privateers, where the Factory teams have early access to equiptment that the privateers dont have.
No one had an engine or drivetrain until this week after they have been released!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
a week and a half to build and test a car seems like a daunting task.

the factory backed teams may have been allowed to run a machine and test a machine previously, but all racers that are getting the polaris turbo had to wait in vegas to pick their machines up earlier this week. its going to be tough to get those machines built before the race, unless the teams already had a chassis built and just need to shoe-horn the engine and trans and wiring harness in. it will still be a tough piece of work to pull off.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
they supposedly began shipping to dealers sunday. there should be dealerships with them soon. i cant confirm this. just what i was told. i was directly told that "units started shipping sunday"

Reactions: bluediamond

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I understand there are dealers that are giving test rides as of today...as for the rules in BITD, they would have to use a 2016 chassis to be legal in BITD.. they couldn't use a previous years chassis.. not saying guys like Burnett or Jagged etc didn't get a 2016 frame and or turbo motor early.. its happened before.. Marc Queen says nobody got them early...if hes right (and hes much more in tune with reality in this case than I am) since he works with Burnett.. Burnett really couldnt be racing a Turbo in V2R.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Rumor has it you will be able to motor swap.... let's see if it's true or not.
This would be smart, but this should not be a mid season rule change. This should be for 2016. The reason I say this is allowing a mid season rule changes would be setting a presadence you don't want and that will open up another can of worms. Especially in a class run and based off manufacture platforms that are ever changing.

Im surprised more are not talking about the Turbo ECU rules that Stripping Shop posted about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000