All UTV's Whens Yamaha gonna step up?

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I am a Yamaha fan... Loved my old Rhino, YZ426F, YFZ450. I will be the first in line when they come out with a new sport SXS if it will fit in my trailers. I hope they stay true to what a SXS should be and do not follow the trend of bigger/heavier as others have. Seems like the latest SXS's are pushing the size of sandcar. Yamaha owns the Apex engine already. Drop that into a SXS that will fit into a 23' toy hauler or 6x12 box trailer! BTW, haven't they closed the last of their big lawsuits?

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
still too many lawsuits out there for yamaha, before they step up.

they will all need a stock 4 seater as an option, just because it may not fit in your trailer, does not mean the companies should not make them.

stability is a concern as well, they will almost all have one that is bigger, wider etc..

the teryx 4 and rzr 4 fit in a 6x10 trailer, to me that is reasonable. and they are still not close to the size of my 2 seat sand car, and mine is not big by no means.

AlternativeOffroad

Alternative Off Road - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Yeah... I was just talking to my lady about this and how bad it sucks that Yamaha got the short end of the stick and got stuck with all the lawsuits while all other companies like Polaris and Kawasaki etc.. walk off with their hands in their pockets with all the $$.. sucks because I love my Rhino more than all other SxS

mc93yj

Mar 29, 2010
hobart indiana
Probably just bs but heard there is a yamaha convention or something in january in California that they are going to introduce something new. But like I said it could just be bs.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I'm guessing that Polaris dropped this new XP4 early because they know of another manufacturer dropping something on the first! Either that, or they wanted to secure deposits before folks rush out to buy an Arctic Cat!

We'll know shortly!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'm guessing that Polaris dropped this new XP4 early because they know of another manufacturer dropping something on the first! Either that, or they wanted to secure deposits before folks rush out to buy an Arctic Cat!

We'll know shortly!
This is exactly what I was thinking....they dropped it early for SOME reason. Hmmm....

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Yamaha will come out with something.

Remember they held onto the Banshee for a very long time and then finally dropped the bomb on the ATV market with the YFZ450. The other companies are still trying to catch up.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
I think the release came early because they have people going to race them in the January races. I think most rules say they have to be avaible to the public to be legal to race. Just a thought

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I think the release came early because they have people going to race them in the January races. I think most rules say they have to be avaible to the public to be legal to race. Just a thought
It's likely that their sponsored racers already have them.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
It's likely that their sponsored racers already have them.
I would hope the sponsored racers would have them well before! I was just saying I thought most rules say that the car most be open to the public to buy before the Pro's can race them. Meaning that a company can't build just one car and give it to a race team that no one else has a chance to buy.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Your right karter accept that as long as they introduced it on the 1st then technically it's available. First race of the season is on the 7th and that's BITD. Jagged will not be racing one this first go around. Next race is Soboba which is the following weekend, it was this race last year that we saw the new XP race for the first time. I know I will have mine by then and I know Walker Evans has theirs so I assume they may bring one out? Next is WORCS and I don't think anyone will build one to race there. Doesn't make sense especially from a factory side to race a 4 seater in WORCS.

What I am getting at is I don't think racing had anything to do with this release. I think it's cause the cat was out of the bag and Polaris knew that Joey D didn't want to be up at midnight on New Years Eve again sitting in his toy hauler launching a release from Glamis!! lol I am stoked they let it go early!! Hahaha

As for Yamaha.... They are not just going to lay down, you can mark my words!

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
There was a guy at the Taft (WORCS) race this year that had a 4 built and he did not do to well. To long for the tight courses they put on. Can't wait to them out racing in the desert.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
It's crazy to think that Yamaha created our addiction to SXS's. The Rhino was obviously not built to be a sport machine, but all the creative off road folks started buiding them with LT and motor kits. I salute you Yamaha!! Thanks for my rzr4!!:)

PS to Yamaha: Your next SXS should probably be a little wider with stickers that say "go slow in turns".......just sayn.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000