What are your thoughts on using helmets?

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
if your questioning about a helmet then at means you should be wearing it...it never hears to wear one, plus when you get sand blasted it doesn't hurt your face.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Everyone in my family always wears helmets when riding/driving UTVs. With kids around, I figure it's better to just get them used to always putting on a helmet rather than them seeing dad putt around the property without and thinking that's okay.
Side note, I've had 4 friends killed on motorcycles (3 street and 1 dirt) and none of them had on helmets...their families still wonder if the outcomes would've been different.

Granted, UTVs have cages that protect us most of the time in rollovers, but what if you are ejected, what if your head slaps against the ground in a roll over (seatbelts sometimes have too much slop before they lock up, giving you enough sideways motion). And I've seen more than one cage fail in roll overs...

AlternativeOffroad

Alternative Off Road - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Yeah cages are pretty much a last resort. I've seen plenty of roll overs where the driver was wearing a 5 PT harness and his arm comes out and just snaps it right off. I see people out in the dunes and in the desert all the time with no helmets.. makes me wonder.. And the cage could actually make things worse in the sense that the user could smash his head on the cage unless it had roll bar padding.. I just bought some half-shell helmets and modified them to work with my Comm. headsets and they work pretty well considering..

Stay safe guys.

Fattnassty

Aug 25, 2010
san bernardino
Don't get in if you Don't have a helmet. It's safe , it cuts down the noise and it keeps most the dust and cold out. Plus it's wired for sound so I can hear the music better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000