Wanted to introduce myself and show you my dsr1 rzr

ZMcInelly

Feb 14, 2013
AZ
www.ezfabworks.com
Hi my name is Zack and my company is EZfabworks. I wanted to come here to show off this car ,

Best in the Desert DSR1 spec
built off rzr chassis
honda rc51 1000 cc
borla exhast
20 inches of wheel travel
King 12 in shocks ( 2.0 in the front, 2.5 in the rear)
grey area hubs midboards and brakes
Aluminum Polaris body
xxx seats
method race wheels
and all sorts of other awesome custom parts

thanks.

Attachments

ZMcInelly

Feb 14, 2013
AZ
www.ezfabworks.com
Hey thanks everyone!!!! The rc51 is a great motor, tons of torque and bottom end power. we have had this car mashin 3 foot whoops at 100mph. My favorite thing about this motor is the way it sounds, with the borla muffler and custom built header i think it sounds as close to a throaty v8 as a motorcycle motor can get.:D

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
That thing is bad... Is it going to be legal for the sr1 class? Did u retain any of the stock frame rails or anything

ZMcInelly

Feb 14, 2013
AZ
www.ezfabworks.com
That thing is bad... Is it going to be legal for the sr1 class? Did u retain any of the stock frame rails or anything
I built it to meet BITD DSR1 spec, stock frame rails are there and the front suspension is built from stock dimensions and im right at the maximum width. the rear suspension is trailing arm set up

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Unless they changed the rules you need to run stock dimension suspension pick up points front and rear. Tube chassis is allowed as long as the suspension follows the stock suspension pick up points. The frame can be stretched up to the longest four seat production vehicle which I believe is the XP4 at 107". I don't have a problem having you join the class but I would hate for you to come and be suprised. Just give the UTVRA a call and verify. Welcome to the most affordable way to go fast in off road racing.

ZMcInelly

Feb 14, 2013
AZ
www.ezfabworks.com
Unless they changed the rules you need to run stock dimension suspension pick up points front and rear. Tube chassis is allowed as long as the suspension follows the stock suspension pick up points. The frame can be stretched up to the longest four seat production vehicle which I believe is the XP4 at 107". I don't have a problem having you join the class but I would hate for you to come and be suprised. Just give the UTVRA a call and verify. Welcome to the most affordable way to go fast in off road racing.
Straight from the rule book
SUSPENSION:
All suspension mounting points must remain the stock design and in the stock location and position as delivered from the manufacturer, however they may be reinforced for strength. Any suspension point mounted with a single bolt, may be changed to a 2 bolt mount design. Either side of the original pivot points may be used to remount the 2 suspension points.
DSR1 suspension mountings points may pivot on either side of the stock pivot point whether the stock design is a single bolt or a two bolt system. Please contact the UTVRA for clarification.
OVERALL MEASUREMENT RESTRICTIONS:
The maximum width of a UTV or DSR1 measured for outside of tire to outside of tire is 77â€
The wheelbase for the Pro UTV Production class can be increased to 8 inches over the stock dimensions. This can only be achieved through the suspension. Frames cannot be cut and lengthened or shortened. Max wheel base for the DSR1 class is 110 inches. DSR1 frames can be cut and lengthened to achieve this length. Wheel base is measured for center of spindle to center of spindle.

I have read these rules over and over while building this car and have consulted with other racers and builders along the way. I have no doubt that we will be well within spec, im sure we will have no trouble when we get utvra and bitd chassis approval, thanks and see you out there!!

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Well, as the only DSR1 racer to complete a whole season at BITD I am pretty familiar with the rules. Give the UTVRA a call as we racers frequently talk to them about the rule changes for the next year and converting to trailing arms on a car delivered with A arms was not discussed or legal last year. You are sportsman legal but not DSR1. I may be wrong but as the rules were quoted, your car is not legal. Don't take my word though, call and clarify. We would love to have another car out there

Dec 20, 2011
From what I can see in the pics the rear suspension does not comply with the BITD Pro DSR1 rules. I would like to discuss this with you. Plz call me when you get a chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000