UTVUnderground Glamis Trip Pics from April 8-10 2011

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Magnum Dan doin' work in his NEW LT'd Magnum Offroad Can-Am Commander

We had a solid weekend at the Glamis Imperial Sand Dunes. We camped in Wash 3 with a total of about 8 UTV's, a couple quads, dirt-bikes, and a rail. I rolled in on Friday to a little wind, cold air, and on and off sprinkling but it felt good to be back in the dunes with the family. We hung out by the fire that evening and prepped for a solid day of riding on Saturday.

As I stepped out of my hauler on Saturday morning I knew we were in for a great day. Not a cloud in the sky, the sun was shining, and only a slight breeze was blowing. By the time our first ride kicked off we were basking in some of the best riding weather on season long.

The UTVUnderground Polaris RZR4 handled awesome all weekend long not having one single issue as expected. It still amazes me at how capable of a machine this is and how well it dunes. It had no problem keeping up with any of the other UTV's unless we hit a long strait or a steep uphill where the Can-Am's and Polaris' could stretch their legs.

Other than a run in with a kiddie track in wash 6 which caused bl@ck$heep to flip his Commander end over and stuffed the front end of another friend Danny in his Magnum built Teryx the weekend was flawless. Both Bill and Danny would walk away form the wreck. Bill has some cosmetic damage to address on his Commander while Danny will need the boys at Magnum to perform some surgery on his Teryx to get his arm mounts repaired.

In all the weekend was awesome. Sorry I didn't get more pics, the riding was just too good to stop and work this weekend!

Stay tuned to UTVUnderground.com for a full write up and review on Magnum's new LT kit, DWT Sector Wheels and DOONZ paddles for the Commander, and the NEW Muzzys Dual Exhaust for the commander!

DASARACING

You can never have enough
Nov 22, 2009
Santee
WWW.DASARACING.COM
TMW 4 seat XP900 is the goods. Those guys did an AMAZING job on it. I drove it and it seers perfect, slides nice and has killer power. Aslo parked with the busa orange rhino ..... INSANE ... and only 5lbs boost

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Awesome pics!!

Hey Joey, you rockin' the stock big horns for duning? Are you happy with that setup or would you even benefit from a paddle with stock drivetrain?

I've been gun shy to take my 4 to Glamis until I bought some STU blasters and did a clutch kit but it looks as though I may not need to...??

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Awesome pics!!

Hey Joey, you rockin' the stock big horns for duning? Are you happy with that setup or would you even benefit from a paddle with stock drivetrain?

I've been gun shy to take my 4 to Glamis until I bought some STU blasters and did a clutch kit but it looks as though I may not need to...??

Dude, I have never believed that paddles make that huge of a difference in a UTV unless you have big HP. I think a wide footprint and 4wd is the key to getting everywhere you want. So I say before you spend any money on paddles air your BH's down to about 7.5lbs in the rear and about 9lbs up front and let er rip. I went everywhere anyone with paddles went. Both in my Rhino and in the RZR4. Other than that, the RZR4 shreds in the dunes! I love driving it out there. Just keep the momentum rocking cause you can get high centered..lol

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Dude, I have never believed that paddles make that huge of a difference in a UTV unless you have big HP. I think a wide footprint and 4wd is the key to getting everywhere you want. So I say before you spend any money on paddles air your BH's down to about 7.5lbs in the rear and about 9lbs up front and let er rip. I went everywhere anyone with paddles went. Both in my Rhino and in the RZR4. Other than that, the RZR4 shreds in the dunes! I love driving it out there. Just keep the momentum rocking cause you can get high centered..lol
Sounds like a plan....just might have to try and squeeze in a Glamis trip before it gets too hot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000