To all Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 racers

Dec 20, 2011
Yes Rito this applys to all racers. Feel free to protest me after any race.
but concider this part of the rule.
Protests considered by the chief steward that shows a lack of sportsmanship may not be accepted.
I had 1 burnt out tail/brake light bulb, that must of burnt out at the start because it was working at tech. You really think we should be discussing this. I know I would never even concider protesting another racer over a burnt out tail/brake light.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
the new blue strobe is very bright for sure.

it is good for safety as far as being able to see the light better from a distance, but for passing it was bad because the dust reflected off it really bad.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Yes Rito this applys to all racers. Feel free to protest me after any race.
but concider this part of the rule.
Protests considered by the chief steward that shows a lack of sportsmanship may not be accepted.
I had 1 burnt out tail/brake light bulb, that must of burnt out at the start because it was working at tech. You really think we should be discussing this. I know I would never even concider protesting another racer over a burnt out tail/brake light.
i was talking about my frame i could care less if you had a burnt out tail light. you still had one that worked. at parker it was suppose to be mandatory to have kc light for mint 400 and all races from that point on . totally agree with cognito on passing in the dust. It is bright but sucks balls in dust.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Rummor....someone (?) tried to squeeze us for a good chunk of change for a light.

The price originally quoted was $90(?).

Could a company name/address and telephone number be published for the person or company selling the lights?

It would be a nice thing to know for taxes and such ya know. (operating expense... ;) )

IOW, make it all official like.

Dec 20, 2011
Jim Conner Racing 928-855-0912
I recieved an e-mail today from the manufacture asking if I still wanted to sell the lights I responded yes but have not recieved an email back yet. I will keep u posted. I know that there is no mark up on these lights they are being sold at cost.

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
everybody said how crappy tech was gonna be and it went smooth. i was really surprised that it went so fast and they looked over everything.

now on the new blue light, what is the reason behind making everyone change their $120 federal signal blue light for some guy named jims? the federal signal light is DOT approved for safety and whos to say next year after this jim guys lights fail after vibrating 1000+ miles and takes a crap that we arent going to change back, just would like some clarification. kinda shitty to build a car for a customer and they get hit for another 120 bucks because the light thats been installed is "outdated"

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
everybody said how crappy tech was gonna be and it went smooth. i was really surprised that it went so fast and they looked over everything.

now on the new blue light, what is the reason behind making everyone change their $120 federal signal blue light for some guy named jims? the federal signal light is DOT approved for safety and whos to say next year after this jim guys lights fail after vibrating 1000+ miles and takes a crap that we arent going to change back, just would like some clarification. kinda shitty to build a car for a customer and they get hit for another 120 bucks because the light thats been installed is "outdated"
The KC blue light is in addition to the standard blue light page 23 BITD UTV Rule Book. Jim Conner racing is where you can buy them from and it sounds like Cory will have them available also.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Bobby im assuming your question was why add a new light. I can say the new light is ALOT brighter. Almost too bright ?? I think it will stop there. I do think it sucked they couldnt have made a spec and gave it to the light manufactures to build to. Who wants to run a POS kc light. BITD should have spec.d a luman and flash count.

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
I thought the federal signal blue LED light was the only blue light that had to be ran. That being why the light was 120.00, basic economics. The federal signal blue light is pretty bright and can be seen from pretty far. Maybe it was change because certain drivers used the light as a scapegoat for nerfing slower vehicles. The fact that we all paid 120 bucks for the old light that's dot approved and now have to pay for another light with about $5 worth of electronics for another 120 bucks

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I thought the federal signal blue LED light was the only blue light that had to be ran. That being why the light was 120.00, basic economics. The federal signal blue light is pretty bright and can be seen from pretty far. Maybe it was change because certain drivers used the light as a scapegoat for nerfing slower vehicles. The fact that we all paid 120 bucks for the old light that's dot approved and now have to pay for another light with about $5 worth of electronics for another 120 bucks
well the tech guy can post in his team thread but not reply to your questions here I guess

Dec 20, 2011
Casey Folks owns and operates BITD. Casey says the UTV/DSR1 class has to race with a spec blue strobe light, as well as the blue solid led, amber solild led and the amber flashing led. This is for safety reasons. This light thing has been debated on other threads. Any further disscussion should be done by calling Casey at BITD.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
John your such a meany!
I have had a problem with BITD tech for a few years now, and many others have as well, but are afraid to speak up because they race and don't want to be hassled.

In my opinion there are a few flaws to the current scheme:

1. Racer should not be the tech for a class he is also racing in. Whether there is a conflict of interest or not, it just opens things up to speculation.

2. If you are going to be the tech inspector, show up on time. I haven't been to too many BITD races (less than 6), but in two instances tech either did not show up or showed up late in the afternoon. This is inevitable. Racers always have last minute prep.

3. Why have a UTVRA? BITD is the only series that uses it, so why?

BITD should lump UTV tech into the same line as other classes. Anything special about UTVs is not rocket science.

[Flame on]

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I have had a problem with BITD tech for a few years now, and many others have as well, but are afraid to speak up because they race and don't want to be hassled.

1. Racer should not be the tech for a class he is also racing in. Whether there is a conflict of interest or not, it just opens things up to speculation.

2. If you are going to be the tech inspector, show up on time. I haven't been to too many BITD races (less than 6), but in two instances tech either did not show up or showed up late in the afternoon. This is inevitable. Racers always have last minute prep.

BITD should lump UTV tech into the same line as other classes. Anything special about UTVs is not rocket science.

[Flame on]
Jon, your NOT making any friends that way:D

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

[Flame on]
I agree here there are many things wrong with this situation, this said racer/tech person has a conflict of interest here and this should be addressed. How can a racer, write the rules,tech the cars, show up and not show up to tech the cars, and charge every racer! I have many issues here how can 1st off now there be a must use light that is available only through this tech guy! My next rant is he charges everyone 25.00 but at the mint he wasnt there so we didn't get charged not to mention this is a good little program here by charging everyone 25.00 he is now covering his entry fees. I also have a issue on how the rules change all the time! and isn't it just a coincidence that at parker he all the sudden decides he wants to weight vehicles, his claim is for info and to make sure the tubing is the right material. That is the biggest joke I have ever heard since all the utvs have different suspension,cage designs,parts,spares etc that would differ the weights, come to find out IMO the real story is he was building a new car so again he is very smart here weight all your competition and have a idea on where to base your new UTV off. My last thing here is Sappington is also very unprofessional with talking trash to other driver/teams online which he quickly deleted. I also like how he is allowed to bend the rules as he sees fit, this is straight from his race report

Cory did lose the brakes at mile 70 and drove to the main pit with no brakes! It was a loose line that caused the brakes to fail.
so now this tech guy is breaking BITD rules if I understand it right and drove with no brakes for 29 miles, that is a big no no. It is time the utv racers stepped up and it is time for Cory to step down and BITD to make a fair change for everyone, I am pretty sure if you told a BITD tech guy to tech the UTVs and for his time he would get 25.00 each they would step up no problem. On top of all this there are still tech questions people have and can't get answers on.

Last edited:

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Jim, Staggs is the one not making any friends here !!! But he has a ton on his twitter page so who cares. It is about time all BITD racers stick together and get UTVRA out of BITD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000