To all Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 racers

Dec 20, 2011
I am very sorry that I let you all down. I am sorry that I did not show up for tech inspections. I will not allow this to happen again. I will plan for the future to have a alternate UTV/DSR1 tech inspector. I thank you all for dealing with the situation. Thank you for your patients. Sincerely Cory S

Dec 20, 2011
John your such a meany! UTV racers would have to pay Buggie/Truck entree fees so your fees would increase Rito

Last edited by a moderator:

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I would just like to know who teched your car Cory. you started the race without a passenger brake light, raced without a passenger brake light, and you finished the race without a passenger brake light. pretty sure that is illegal.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
The Mint tech was smooth, i concurr..
No bull..just tech guys getting the job done...

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
The buggie/truck guys teched my UTV. The light was working then, we were never told that the light was not working during the race.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
LIGHTS: All vehicles must have a minimum of two taillights, two brake lights, two rearward facing amber lights, one flashing, one steady and a rearward facing blue light, steady . The amber flashing and blue light is an attempt to identify the slower moving UTV/DSR1 class of vehicle, so that faster class vehicles will be able to recognize that they are approaching a slower vehicle. UTV Racing Association has approved amber and blue lights made by Federal Signal (Target Tech). Several other safety lights have been approved by the UTVRA. BITD rules state that all safety lights must be working at all times, if a light fails to work it must be fixed at the next pit stop, or the vehicle cannot continue

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
LIGHTS: All vehicles must have a minimum of two taillights, two brake lights, two rearward facing amber lights, one flashing, one steady and a rearward facing blue light, steady . The amber flashing and blue light is an attempt to identify the slower moving UTV/DSR1 class of vehicle, so that faster class vehicles will be able to recognize that they are approaching a slower vehicle. UTV Racing Association has approved amber and blue lights made by Federal Signal (Target Tech). Several other safety lights have been approved by the UTVRA. BITD rules state that all safety lights must be working at all times, if a light fails to work it must be fixed at the next pit stop, or the vehicle cannot continue
Nevermind

Dec 20, 2011
o
PROTESTS<O:p</O:p
SGP1: The director, with or without protest, has the right to penalize, fine, disqualify, and/or suspend any vehicle or entrant for violation of any Best In The Desert Racing Association/The American Off-Road Racing Series rules. Another entrant within the same class may make technical protests as the entrant being protested. A five hundred-dollar ($500) cash fee must accompany protests for each item protested. The protest must be in writing along with the fee and be delivered to the chief steward or Director no later than 30 minutes after the official end of time limit. If the protest is proved valid the $500 fee will be returned to the protestor. If the protest is proved invalid the $500 goes to the person who was protested. Protests considered by the chief steward that shows a lack of sportsmanship may not be accepted. The chief steward will direct the technical director to check the protested items. The decision of the race steward and director will be final. Interpretation of all rules along with violations and penalties thereof are at the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association. Penalties levied at the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association are final.<O:p></O:p>
SGP2: Any entrant who has an official protest lodged against his/her race vehicle must submit to an inspection of the protested items. Failure to submit to inspection will result in automatic disqualification and/or suspension. Those attending the inspection(s) will be as follows: A. The protester or their designated representative.<O:p></O:p>
B. The protested competitor or their designated representative. C. The protested competitor’s mechanic. D. Best In The Desert Racing Association officials.<O:p></O:p>
E. Best In The Desert Racing Association Chief Technical Inspector who shall supervise the required inspection of the protested items(s).<O:p></O:p>
F. At the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association, with the approval of the protested competitor, members of the press will be permitted to observe for reporting purposes only.<O:p></O:p>
G. No other persons shall be present nor witness the proceedings until the inspection has been completed.<O:p></O:p>

Justin, Sorry about your DNF. I am sure your very frustrated. I can meet u at Chipotle with a hug and a box of kleenix, heck I'll even buy u a burrito. :D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I do have photos that show all Cory's lights working in the morning and then photos that show that the new light was out later in the race but to me I think its mum deal because no one has been racing with that stupid new light anyway until now.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
o

Justin, Sorry about your DNF. I am sure your very frustrated. I can meet u at Chipotle with a hug and a box of kleenix, heck I'll even buy u a burrito. :D
Huh?
I am Justin (Cognito screen name)
I am not frustrated at you Correy, no worries. Your right rear tail light was not working in the morning at the start but if tech didnt catch it then its not really your fault IMO.
Ya we lost a motor, SUCKS!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I dont have a dog in this fight....yet...

But I would like to understand the new rule for having to run a KC blue strobe. Cory?

And yes, tech went very smooth!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I dont have a dog in this fight....yet...

But I would like to understand the new rule for having to run a KC blue strobe. Cory?

And yes, tech went very smooth!
casey from BITD is making us do it. If i remember he said every slow vehicle will be required to have it. the utv's are the first class and other classess will be required to run them. "no other manufacture would make 90 of the lights for that price and they are the brightest ones out there".

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
o
PROTESTS<O:p</O:p
SGP1: The director, with or without protest, has the right to penalize, fine, disqualify, and/or suspend any vehicle or entrant for violation of any Best In The Desert Racing Association/The American Off-Road Racing Series rules. Another entrant within the same class may make technical protests as the entrant being protested. A five hundred-dollar ($500) cash fee must accompany protests for each item protested. The protest must be in writing along with the fee and be delivered to the chief steward or Director no later than 30 minutes after the official end of time limit. If the protest is proved valid the $500 fee will be returned to the protestor. If the protest is proved invalid the $500 goes to the person who was protested. Protests considered by the chief steward that shows a lack of sportsmanship may not be accepted. The chief steward will direct the technical director to check the protested items. The decision of the race steward and director will be final. Interpretation of all rules along with violations and penalties thereof are at the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association. Penalties levied at the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association are final.<O:p></O:p>
SGP2: Any entrant who has an official protest lodged against his/her race vehicle must submit to an inspection of the protested items. Failure to submit to inspection will result in automatic disqualification and/or suspension. Those attending the inspection(s) will be as follows: A. The protester or their designated representative.<O:p></O:p>
B. The protested competitor or their designated representative. C. The protested competitor’s mechanic. D. Best In The Desert Racing Association officials.<O:p></O:p>
E. Best In The Desert Racing Association Chief Technical Inspector who shall supervise the required inspection of the protested items(s).<O:p></O:p>
F. At the discretion of Best In The Desert Racing Association, with the approval of the protested competitor, members of the press will be permitted to observe for reporting purposes only.<O:p></O:p>
G. No other persons shall be present nor witness the proceedings until the inspection has been completed.<O:p></O:p>

does that count if tech inspector missed something at tech inspection. then found issue after race ended. just saying

Dec 20, 2011
This light is mandated by BITD. You will need to contact Casey at BITD to get the details on why it is necessary. Casey mandated this light in the name of safety and said it will be required on other class vehicles in the near future. The light must be purchased from Jim Conner racing and cost $125.00. All UTV/DSR1s will be required to have this light to race the SilverState 300 and any other BITD race that includes Buggies and Trucks. This light will not be required at BITD races that are Motorcycle,Quad and UTV/DSR1only races.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000