Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Those guy on Race Dez are effin morons. I'm not sure why anyone wants to even run that series.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
What is the real problem is BITD gave everyone a 3-4 hour window to be caught. The funny thing is BITD goes by the fastest time for V2R and silver state and slowest time for mint, parker and Henderson. How many quads and dirt bikes were affect too. What are you suppose to do move them to the back too. The real problem is time and the safest place is off the course when the TT and class one are coming. You need a bigger window so you can close pits for whoever starts in the morning. This is the time to raise your voice to get all the mileage for parker 250, mint 400, Henderson 250. Come together as a group and get what you deserve.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
What is the real problem is BITD gave everyone a 3-4 hour window to be caught. The funny thing is BITD goes by the fastest time for V2R and silver state and slowest time for mint, parker and Henderson. How many quads and dirt bikes were affect too. What are you suppose to do move them to the back too. The real problem is time and the safest place is off the course when the TT and class one are coming. You need a bigger window so you can close pits for whoever starts in the morning. This is the time to raise your voice to get all the mileage for parker 250, mint 400, Henderson 250. Come together as a group and get what you deserve.

That's the REAL problem. The 3-4 hour starting window. There will ALWAYS be back markers in every class. Quads and MCs!

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I saw some motorcycles coming through pit 14 at 1am on Saturday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Dondel is a coward and a bitch for pushing us off the course and causing us to flip 3 or 4 times, and not admitting it to my face. I am 100% sure it was him. they can say that is wasn't them all they want. A real man would say that he did it. All i want is to see the video from his truck, but i won't because it shows the truth, and he is a coward.
Thats a bold statement for a guy who has no proof.....other than what you Think. I am going to laugh my ass off if it comes out to be a different truck. Class Act.:cool:

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Thats a bold statement for a guy who has no proof.....other than what you Think. I am going to laugh my ass off if it comes out to be a different truck. Class Act.:cool:
One thing I have learned in racing.....I don't point fingers or blame anyone anymore until I see the video. I have had to eat humble pie and apologize several times before I learned that lesson.....now, I just shut it until I have some actual proof. More than half the time, it wasn't what it seemed from my driver's seat POV.

ITMT, I hope you guys get this whole mess fixed with BITD and safety can be considered first and foremost!! :) Glad you can all go out and race another day!

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Ok now that I have had a few days to calm down.... I look back and still do still believe it was dondel but if it wasn't then that is fine... I think the whole thing is that it doesn't matter who it was and I'm am sure that whoever it was didn't intentionally try to harm us or cause damage to the vehicle... I think the who fact is the safety issue with being in front of these heavier faster classes and the attitude of honk once wait 1 second then hit... The mentality of some racers is the problem and that won't ever change... But the one thing that could change is our starting position or starting gap times.... I will be honest I was furious and wanted someone's ass for what happened that was literally out of my control apart from pulling to the side of the road for a few hours till the some 60 unlimited class cars went by... The whole point of me sharing the story well at first was cause I was pissed the fuck off... I have my first child on the way and that was jeopardized by someone who couldn't give me 3 more seconds to finish moving to the side... But now the main reason is to help shine light on why we need change not for pride or media but for 100% safety... If someone dies everyone needs to realize that it could easily shut an organization down... I know offroad racing is dangerous and that is the inherent nature of it but it should be in your control how safe u choose to race your race not someone else...

Dec 20, 2011
If you don't already know I am the Tech inspector and UTV class rep for BITD. First, it is NOT OK to go on the internet and call each other names or put each other down. The desert racing world is a family!!! We all love this sport and need to protect it, We always band together to help fellow racers in need! Please don't call each other names or blame each other on the internet! It make our sport look bad!! Plz don't don't play the blame game. We need to act as a family!!! The accidents with the 2 UTV's are just that accidents no one is at fault. Thank God no one got hurt badly. That is what is most important.
Casey at BITD does a great job putting on safe races we all need to support him, he is in no way to blame for any accidents that happen. He is always doing his best. I feel some of you owe him an apology, as well as the TT drivers

There will be an announcement in 10 days or less. THE UTV'S WILL NO LONGER BE STARTING IN FRONT OF THE 4 wheeled unlimited classes. They will start some where in with the limited classes, at Silver State and Vegas to Reno.

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
Seems like all the bitching and other NOT OK things have gotten something accomplished.

Wonder if the outcome would have been the same without some guys getting called out on open forums...

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
The forurm posts had nothing to do with the decision. Everyone knows Casey dosen't read fourms.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
We were given a proximity alarm that would let us know that a TT or high speed vehicle was closeing on us and vice versa at contingency by IRC...but no batteries at contincency and they said they'd be at the start in the moprning. We never saw IRC or did get batteries from them...thus it never worked...any body either get or not get batteries from IRC?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This is great news. I am glad the crew at Best In The Desert finally made the right call. I personally would rather see our class "UTV" in the big show anyways. More eyes at the start, more eyes in the pits and I think it will help our class become a part of the racing scene. For many selfish reason I am also very happy.

1: 3:30am is way to early to start your day.
2: Chasing UTV's, we tend to miss seeing the other classes and action.
3: All the big dogs will now be in the pits with us, increasing my options for photos.
4: I can work for UTVUG and RDC.
5: I think this will grow our class. I know of a few teams that would love to race UTV's but not in the side show race.

On a side note. Don't judge RDC by some of the kooks over there. Its loaded with Trolls looking to argue. Most of them don't race or even follow racing.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
We were given a proximity alarm that would let us know that a TT or high speed vehicle was closeing on us and vice versa at contingency by IRC...but no batteries at contincency and they said they'd be at the start in the moprning. We never saw IRC or did get batteries from them...thus it never worked...any body either get or not get batteries from IRC?

They wouldn't allow anyone past the chain link fence at the start so how were they supposed to get battery's? It's a moot point now. I'm just happy that no one was seriously injured it injured more than they already were. BITD needs a better plan in the event that a driver/rider needs immediate extraction off of the course. Marc and Fernando were out there for many hours after the incident. Then when officials showed up, they had no food, water for the guys.

It's a liability for BITD and for there sake a plan needs to be made to protect themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
We got batteries also and it never worked in our car.
When did they get the batterys to you? just curious if they or us screwed up- they need to let one person go with your car almost to the start... We always carry extra water (in frozen water bottles and food in our car just for these kind of circumstances...its actually part of the rules- so Mark and co should have had those with them) but it would have been nice for BITD to have had some for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000