Thinking about Ranger crew

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Do any of you have first hand experience with the ranger crew? I sold my rhino because my family out grew it. I have 3 kids two of which require carseats still which take up extra room, plus my wife and I and our gear. My plan is to wait and see the teryx 4 but I'll still need to convert to a bench seat that holds 3. Or lately been looking at the crew and will have plenty of room stock. So anyone out there buy one and regret it because of the size? I'm figuring I would eventually do a long travel kit to get some clearance under it.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Cool, thanks Joey. Have you done much offroading with it yet? Does it scrub the belly and want to get high centered a lot?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
it does well. Its not a sport utv by any means but its a great cruiser and call haul a bunch of people and stuff. I know our RZR4 bottoms out a lot in dunes and will high center so I can only image this will do the same. Its all about momentum. If I was to keep this unit I would put an XMF Long Travel on with 15" OMF's and BFG Mudd Terrains (28" tall)

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Yeah I saw some pics of a camo one that xmf built with their long travel and looks like 30 inch dominators, that's kind of the look I'd be going for.

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
I'm sure that's the route I would take to start out with, I wouldn't have the funds for a long travel kit for a while. Any axle issues running a 2 inch lift with 27s on the rangers?

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Just bought the crew a month ago. Installed 2" lift with 2" forward a-arms. DWT Sector wheels and 28" Baja Cross tires. Removed the restrictor and the thing runs great. Last weekend we went out to Red River, NM and put 150 miles on it. Hauled two car seats and 3 adults all over the mountains. Couldn't be happier with our crew.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000