Suspension over jumps

ColeCar

Mar 27, 2014
So we went out and did some testing today. This car is mainly a desert type race car and doesn't really see any track time. With that being said, our next few races will have some table tops in them so we did a little testing over the jumps today. It seemed the rear of the car always wanted to kick up and get much more air than the front of the car. No matter the size, a small kicker or a large table top with a nice gradual lip, the rear would still kick up real bad. Does the suspension need some rebound adjustment? Is this something I can adjust without rebuilding the shocks?

I tried to upload an image but I cant seem to do it unless I have my pictures uploaded to photo booth or something of that nature

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Was the track set up for sxs's? If you trying to jump motocross jumps the ramps are too short.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
If you said you do mostly desert driving then you probably have have a lot of rebound because you want the shock to come back out quickly for the long whoop sections which is exactly what is hurting you on the jumps. Its a balance ….. if your shock has a rebound adjustment on it like many do then you can adjust it there. If it isn't enough then yes you have to revalve or change your spring rate in the rear. You could add some pre-load (squash down the front springs) to lift your front end up a bit so it throws the front end up so the kick doesn't rotate your car so nose heavy. This is a temp fix not a solution though.

ColeCar

Mar 27, 2014
If you said you do mostly desert driving then you probably have have a lot of rebound because you want the shock to come back out quickly for the long whoop sections which is exactly what is hurting you on the jumps. Its a balance ….. if your shock has a rebound adjustment on it like many do then you can adjust it there. If it isn't enough then yes you have to revalve or change your spring rate in the rear. You could add some pre-load (squash down the front springs) to lift your front end up a bit so it throws the front end up so the kick doesn't rotate your car so nose heavy. This is a temp fix not a solution though.
Awesome! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000