Soboba GP 2011 Video

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Looks like a fairly stock BRP Commander (w/aftermarket suspension) was a couple minutes up on the field before it broke...Hmmm...either the Driver was very skilled or the Commander is for real...for a heavy poor handling UTV..

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
Looks like a fairly stock BRP Commander (w/aftermarket suspension) was a couple minutes up on the field before it broke...Hmmm...either the Driver was very skilled or the Commander is for real...for a heavy poor handling UTV..
A very skilled driver and team , good MPH and great trac position

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
A very skilled driver and team , good MPH and great trac position
It shows.. looks like a group of very prepared group of racers they are competing with...Who's the driver and what team?

I'm prejudiced here as I too am building a Commander to complete in BITD, SCORE etc... new to the site- and have a lot to learn..

TIA...

I/A

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
FWIW VanBeekum had a decent lead coming in from the first lap but then blew the turn to the start finish time going off course for about 30 seconds allowing the commander to get by.....and then never look back!!! hahah

Doug Mittag was driving the commander who is owned by another UTVUnderground member Dave Heine....the only mod on the commander were the Magnum Offroad tuned Fox Shocks for the Commander.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
FWIW VanBeekum had a decent lead coming in from the first lap but then blew the turn to the start finish time going off course for about 30 seconds allowing the commander to get by.....and then never look back!!! hahah

Doug Mittag was driving the commander who is owned by another UTVUnderground member Dave Heine....the only mod on the commander were the Magnum Offroad tuned Fox Shocks for the Commander.
Thats great info...thanks... I just watched the Prerun video...I can see how the commander doesnt seem to be to disavantaged with its suspension compare to the full race prepped cars ( I hear Magnum is getting the suspension pretty dialed in)..looks to be pretty smooth course (I'm an open desert guy so everything looks smooth comparatively)..Jeezus... where did people pass? I'm historically a motorcycle Desert Racer in SCORE, BITD so just moving to UTVs... I hope to have my Commander ready by late March early April.. hope to hit some of the WORCs in addition to the BITD and Score Baja racing...thanks again for the info..

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Track position was key at this race and passing was difficult because there was only a couple of places on the track were you could see and have room to pass.

[email protected]

Feb 25, 2010
thanks grant we had alot of fun racing with everybody,got a killer start for sure we ended braking the pass. side tie rod w/two laps to go cant wait till next year .want say thanks to dave & jen for letting me drive there brand new can-am (stk a-arms),joe for riding with me, magnum off road,joey & rusty from the underground ,friends and family for coming out and saboba for putting on killer event !!!!

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
thanks grant we had alot of fun racing with everybody,got a killer start for sure we ended braking the pass. side tie rod w/two laps to go cant wait till next year .want say thanks to dave & jen for letting me drive there brand new can-am (stk a-arms),joe for riding with me, magnum off road,joey & rusty from the underground ,friends and family for coming out and saboba for putting on killer event !!!!
Great hole shot Doug!...sounds like it helped tremendously not getting stuck in the pack...Let Dave know there are already H/D tie rods available for under $250 (although Id think it'd be easy to fab up a pair for half that) bet Magnum's probably making a set or two.. know others are starting...

Doug, what did you think of the Commander as a racer? strengths, weakness's etc.. where can it be improved? no Parker pumper or com..how'd that go?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000