SNORE Rage @ The River (RATR) UPDATE and ROLL CALL!

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
The Jagged X crew came out to represent! First let me say that the SNORE event was Awesome. They put on a super fun and very organized event. Early start for the UTV's but being able to race and then watch all the other classes race all weekend is great. Thank you SNORE for accepting the UTV class if even for a limited number of races. We will race with SNORE again in a heartbeat! We hope that they will let the UTV's build this class.

Congrats to the other two teams who came out to race. Both first time racers. I spoke to both racers and their crews befor the races both days. Both nice cars that looks to be very well built. The RZRINO as I will call it kicked our butt on Sat but I think they had some motor problems on Sunday. The Kawi drove conservative and finished both days. Hope to see both teams again in the future.

Next I have to express how dissapointed we were with the turnout. After all the discussion about the need for this new venue and an alternative to BITD yada yada yada. We only get three entries. We waited until after Henderson to register for obvious reasons. SNORE is a very flexible organization that will alow you to register for a race without a deposit. I completely understand that things happen beyond our control but as a courtesy to the racing organization and to fellow racers don't pre register for a race until you are positively sure you can turn up. No show numbers like we had this past weekend make us all look stupid and makes our class lack credibility.

I spoke breifly with the president of SNORE and while he did expect a much larger number he is willing to work on building the class and is looking at the possibility of a limited stock type class to bring a broader group of racers out.

Thanks again SNORE

I guess the cool thing is that now with this win we can say we have won a dual championship for 2010 LOL!

See everyone in Parker and hopefully Primm

howyadoin

Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
I agree, it was a seriously good time. Congrats to both other teams who were racing for the first time, that damn 1925 car was FAST!:D Really great time and really great atmosphere for sure.

KeepItKlean

Jan 27, 2010
Whats the entry fees like for this UTV class and how strict were they at tech inspection?

Really interested in racing BAP but not really wanting to pay 500 and up entry fee.

twardca

Mar 23, 2010
I was there for my first race with my Ward Motorsports RZR. After dedicating every spare minute for the last two months I just finished the car Thursday morning in time to head to Laughlin. I was pretty anxious because this was my first UTV race and I had no testing time at all.
Saturday morning the race went well and we were able finish first. The course was really fun and we were able to average 42 mph,which i thought was great. The infield area of the course had lots of jumps and whoops and was very spectator friendly.
Sunday morning the track was really rough and the ruts and corners were really deep. It was amazing how rough the track got since we last saw it.We were off to a really good start again but about half way through the first lap we came over a rise and landed on a rock that had gotten kicked out into the middle of the course. The rock went through the 1/2" thick Factory UTV UHMW skid plate like it was hot butter and busted a hole right through the lower engine case. We drove it for a mile or two after it happened because we didn't know there was damage. I won't know the extent of the damage until i get it all tore down. I hope it isn't too bad because Parker is coming really quick.
While we were in staging both days I got to talk a little to some of the guys from Jagged X and they are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Congrats on the win Jagged! your car looks really good when it gets rough out there. I didn't get the chance to meet Brandon or co driver because we were both in our cars but I look forward to meeting him at future races. I wish more UTV's would have shown up because SNORE really put on a great race.
I want to thank Scott at XMF for helping me out during my build and for the awesome suspension and Chad at Madhouse Motorsports for the late nights helping me build my engine as well as getting all of my last minute parts quickly.

Thomas Ward #1925

howyadoin

Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
I was there for my first race with my Ward Motorsports RZR.
Great seeing you guys out there. Really sorry about the carnage on Sunday as we were hoping to keep it close and were truly sorry to see you guys in the pits. The car seemed to be working really well and made us look really slow in the flats...looking forward to some battles in the future!:)

howyadoin

Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
I was there for my first race with my Ward Motorsports RZR.
Great seeing you guys out there. Really sorry about the carnage on Sunday as we were hoping to keep it close and were truly sorry to see you guys in the pits. The car seemed to be working really well and made us look really slow in the flats...looking forward to some battles in the future!:)

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
A couple more badass UTVs. I hope you guys can make it out to a few BITD races this year, if not the whole season...!

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Whats the entry fees like for this UTV class and how strict were they at tech inspection?

Really interested in racing BAP but not really wanting to pay 500 and up entry fee.
The entry for RATR was $470. We are in as a pro class so there is a payback. I am not sure of the percentage but of course the more cars that show up the more money. Tech was pretty straight forward. They checked helmets & suits, nets, fire ext, horn, lights, fuel cell, ect. Quick and easy.
Like I said there was talk of having a more stock type class for the next race to encourage more participation.

hendersoned

SNORE Junkie
Dec 14, 2010
las vegas
To the 3 UTV's at Laughlin, great show. I'm the flag guy for SNORE and other than a reluctance to stop at the start/finish the UTV's made an outstanding showing. The 1925 "car" was faster than all but the fastest 2 1450 trucks, the 5-1600 and many others. All the lap times are on SNORE's web page. I hope to see a dozen in Primm, similar format and distance. Lacreatia (sp?) came to the membership meeting and impressed us with her passion and professionalism AND THEN COULD NOT COME!!! bummer, better see you in Primm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000