Yamaha RHINO 700 CLUTCH

ParaPros Racing

parapros racing
Jun 27, 2009
sun city CA
HEY GUYS .............

OK ME AND A BUDDY WHERE TALKING ABOUT CLUTCH SETUPS AND SEEMS LIKE WE ALL HAVE A LITTLE DEFFERANT CLUTCH SET UPS ...

SO WE WHERE WONDERING WHAT EVRYONE IS RUNNING FOR A CLUTCH IN YOUR RHINO 700.

SO I HAVE A STROKER CRANK 727 BIG BORE 11.1 CP PISTON MUZZY EXHAUST POWERCOMMANDER 5 .

FOR THE CLUTCH I HAVE A PURPLE SPRING 16GR Greaseless Clutch Roller Weight MACHINED SHEAVE SEEMS TO WORK VERY WELL FOR ME...

SO WHAT DO U HAVE ??????????????

THANKS GUYS BRAD

PARAPROSRACING.COM

dbestduner

Jul 13, 2011
I have a JBS "hotrod" sheave with 14 gram OD's by far the best sheave.

on rhino forums . net is all the info. iv had mine for a while and everyone is startin to see the performance gains...

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
JBS sheave, 16g greaseless OD rollers, gold spring.

26x9x12 Bighorns

11:1, MSD+PC III, Stage 2 cam, ported head w/+1 valves, 46mm throttle-body and muzzy's. Benchmark did all the work so you know it's gotta be good, lol.

This setup seems to work pretty well, was going to switch to a purple spring to see the difference.

Last edited:

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
I tested out Dan's rhino (stocker w/ JBS sheave) and was really impressed with the low end pick-me-up power - which IMO is where its needed the most in lieu of top end - unless if your a straight-up drag racer! LOL
I should be receiving my JBS sheave this weekend and hope to test it out over the weekend as well.
O yeah - and my old aftermarket sheave with greased weight will be for sale also! LOL

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
anyone running a JBS Sheave out there ???
if so how do u like it???
I'm running the JBS sheave and a gold spring on my 700. It seems to have a bit more bottom end than the other after marker sheave I was running which works well for rock crawling and trail riding.

You'll definitely see a big difference over a stock set up.

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO
Where is the JBS sheave made? Bottom end burp is what I'm lookin for.I really don't need the speed as much as the power off the bottom.Rock crawling and tight trails also.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Where is the JBS sheave made? Bottom end burp is what I'm lookin for.I really don't need the speed as much as the power off the bottom.Rock crawling and tight trails also.
James over at JBS is located in VW. Not sure if he has a website but he is usually over @ RF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000