All UTV's pumper/race air, how to make it quiter?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i just installed a race air fan to my Pyrotect helmet and its loud inside my helmet. Is there any way of making it quiter? insulating tubing, making it longer than 4', wear earplugs?

would a top draft input on a helmet be quiter? I am not sure i want to use it if its this loud. I am only using it for the dunes.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Mines not too loud, but I do have the other style. I googled In-line air muffler and in-line blower muffler and quite a few pop-up, but there are mostly four-inch and 6 inch ones.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Top draft is definitely quieter. I have trouble with air blowing over my mic in my helmet. Have to turn pumper off to transmit....

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If your mic is getting air noise from the forced air, then whoever wired the helmet must not know how to properly wire a air forced helmet, or they are using poor quality components. A good wired helmet will use noise canceling mic's.

I've had three different brand air forced helmets, wired by two different radio companies and I have never had air noise issues. I would contact the company that wired the helmet and have them look at it. Maybe the person that wired it put the wrong mic in, or in the wrong place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000