Polaris RZR 900 Underhood storage tray

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Nice, will added to my list ;-)

But for now how does the Battery Solenoid work as I am plannig on doing this mod.

Do you sell just that setup, cables and all ;-)

Thank You

mssandslinger

Rhino Parts & Performance - Official UTVUndergroun
Oct 18, 2009
AZ
The battery selenoid is super easy to hook up. you hook a positive wire from each battery to the side posts on the Selenoid and the top post is the positive to a switch. when the switch is on both batteries are linked and can be charged together. but when the switch is off the batteries are disconnected, that was you can run all your accessories off your 2nd battery and not worry about killing the starter battery. and im sure we can work something out with just the cables if thats what you need. you can give me a call at 480-982-4866

Michelle

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
The battery selenoid is super easy to hook up. you hook a positive wire from each battery to the side posts on the Selenoid and the top post is the positive to a switch. when the switch is on both batteries are linked and can be charged together. but when the switch is off the batteries are disconnected, that was you can run all your accessories off your 2nd battery and not worry about killing the starter battery. and im sure we can work something out with just the cables if thats what you need. you can give me a call at 480-982-4866

Michelle
Thanks Michelle,

But I am looking to have this system to allow the 2nd battery to charge automatic and disconect automatic, I know my self and I will leave that switch on ;-)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Thanks Michelle,

But I am looking to have this system to allow the 2nd battery to charge automatic and disconect automatic, I know my self and I will leave that switch on ;-)
hook a relay to your key switch that turns on the solonoid, then when key is off your batteries are separated and can use one for tunes, GPS, radio, etcc..

Rog

DASARACING

You can never have enough
Nov 22, 2009
Santee
WWW.DASARACING.COM
VERY COOL PART .... so looks like you have to relocate the coolant tank? Do you have to drill all the mounting holes in the frame? or does it use existing holes? How deep is the box? I noticed the wiring harness comes through the fire wall right there ..... when you install the tray do you have to move the harness? Sorry for all the questions ... just wondering about installing it before i order. Maybe post some better pics?

RhinoMaster

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - Black Rhino Perf
Problem with the solenoid being hooked to the ignition switch is when you do run your tunes etc. when the vehicle is off, and lower your aux battery, then turn your switch to start your car and automatically bridge your batteries the drained aux battery will pull down the starter battery. Also if you are running enough accessories to exceed your stator's output, you will drain BOTH batteries while you're running.

We've had a lot of success with dual battery kits using Smart Isolators. They will monitor both batteries, only bridging the two if the main (starter) battery is topped off. And will isolate the two if it detects that the system voltage (while the two batteries are bridged) drops, indicating that there is a net drain; i.e. consumption is exceeding supply. If it decides to isolate the two, once the main battery is back to full charge it will attempt to bridge the secondary again on some regular interval.

It's a must have for dual battery setups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000