Polaris anti YXZ video

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
This is comical if Polaris thinks people are buying this! It's also tasteless IMO, and shows that Polaris is threatened by Yamaha.

Which comment was your favorite?

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Hard to choose between "the fit and finish is cheap" and "at 33mph i thought i was going to fall out"

I think Polaris had to do something in the Propaganda department after Yamaha put them directly in the dust during the teaser vids and launch vids but i don't think this was it.

I really think this was a mis-step by their marketing department, it really feels cheap and scummy in a used car salesman type of way.

Reactions: warlock

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
It's good to see competition between manufactures - it forces all of them to deliver better products - and we the consumer are the ultimate winners.
Hard to believe a billion $ company's marketing department thought this was the best way to promote their product. After all they are selling fun, not slimey politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Polaris tried to build quads to compete with the YFZ450 for years and never came close. The YXZ wont be for everyone due to the the skill level required to drive it to its potential. I wouldn't expect grandma and grandpa to choose it over gas and go.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
FJK Frank admin at rzr forum STARTED a thread over there ... I guess he thought it was going to be a big success with this new release of Polaris propaganda trash piece.

So after 6 pages of everyone including rzr owners slamming the video and it was just getting hammered left and right... ole Nazi Frank decided to wad up his panties real good and close the thread... then edits it down from 6 pages to 3 pages taking out anything he didn't like ... then banned me and at least 3 others. LOL I've been over there since 2012 ... I never called anyone names or used profanity... I guess the truth just can't be told over there. Censorship rules the day.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Although I don't think the video was necessary by any means, the things the people said about the Yamaha are very true to me. Polaris allowed me to drive one Friday afternoon for an hour or so. After the initial high of shifting and revving the piss out of the motor, it kinda became a nuisance. The center console gets VERY hot from the trans. And the oem suspension really is terrible but I'm sure that's adjustable with a couple bucks. No pun intended.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I agree with Bieber; it wasn't necessary but it was true. I personally know of three YXZ's that blew clutches during Camp RZR. Certainly isn't proving to be a dune machine. But I give Yamaha credit for doing something different with their Ute.

But talk about 'class-less,' and desperate. How about the Can Am showing up to 'Camp RZR' with a semi to do demo rides. Doh! Haha

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Polaris has very little historical competition in desert racing as a whole they've dominated.

I think they have absolutely NO PLANS to compete with this manual transmission... and their rubber band system is going to be dominated next year by manual transmission ... the Yamaha platform will be awesome for that high speed flat open racing environment.

This powder puff piece of propaganda was geared to the CURRENT rzr owner ... I guess Popo running scared with people ditching their rubber band junk to switch to Yamaha.... why else create this crap piece? I've never seen Polaris do any such video attack like this in past ... it definitely STINKS of desperation.

Pathetic Polaris. LOL But thanks for geriatric entertainment. Maybe that's Popo's new demographic... the nursing home communities ... because after all, "shifting is scary."

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Although I don't think the video was necessary by any means, the things the people said about the Yamaha are very true to me. Polaris allowed me to drive one Friday afternoon for an hour or so. After the initial high of shifting and revving the piss out of the motor, it kinda became a nuisance. The center console gets VERY hot from the trans. And the oem suspension really is terrible but I'm sure that's adjustable with a couple bucks. No pun intended.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I dont suppose you checked where Polaris adjusted the shock settings to?

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Were the Yamahas that blew a clutch the ones supplied by Polaris? ( for some reason I cant quote Baja Xp)

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Were the Yamahas that blew a clutch the ones supplied by Polaris? ( for some reason I cant quote Baja Xp)
No these Utes were driven by a friend and two others in their group.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Another TBD thing with be trans durability. A class 10 R&P (huge) need to be attended to after 1200 or so miles. I am wondering how the trans is going to hold up long term when people start running 30's in the whoops. Say what you want about CVT systems, but the belt is a soft link that helps make the transmission live. No such link on a manual transmission (unless it runs a torque converter). Time will tell.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
No these Utes were driven by a friend and two others in their group.
Do these drivers have any experience with manual trans performance quads or rails. I could tear the clutch out of my 600 hp Tatum car easily with a bad skill set. And Yamaha has built in components to absorb driveline shock but it is still yet to be proven.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Gearbox cars do take a certain level of skill to drive hard and fast and still keep the cluthes and gearbox alive. Time will tell what the week link is in the system, and as they are raced that link will be found and addressed and alliviated by the race transmission shops. Gearboxes are definitely not a disadvantage in racing, a good argument could be made that the opposite is true. Race cars whatever the discipline are almost exclusively gearbox manually shifted cars that includes the majority of desert race cars. Time will only tell how the gearboxes hold up, and I'm sure some of it will come down to personal preference, whether someone prefers a manual or an automatic transmission.

Last edited:

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Do these drivers have any experience with manual trans performance quads or rails. I could tear the clutch out of my 600 hp Tatum car easily with a bad skill set. And Yamaha has built in components to absorb driveline shock but it is still yet to be proven.

LOL have you driven a new Yamaha ? I own one because I had to have one to manufacture parts on.. I drove it 1 time and besides sitting a little lower in the machine I wasnt to thrilled with the machine and have no current desire to drive it again .. it just sits in the corner with my polaris 900 and polaris ace ..

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
LOL have you driven a new Yamaha ? I own one because I had to have one to manufacture parts on.. I drove it 1 time and besides sitting a little lower in the machine I wasnt to thrilled with the machine and have no current desire to drive it again .. it just sits in the corner with my polaris 900 and polaris ace ..
Being sponsored by Polaris I'd expect you to say nothing less. The fact that Popo made such a lame azz video shows DESPERATION ...

While you may actually not like it yami... brass at popo-ville getting worried... over last 3 months stocks are plummeting ... popo sales are plummeting .... popo prices are dropping to try stop the bleeding.

Good luck popo ... I think this is the beginning of the end.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Can I take it out?

Reactions: facteryfmf

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
They are buggy guys not quad guys. Class 12 and 2/1600

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Kalop. Hate on American companies. Atta boy!
Seriously ... you gonna beat that drum?

Polaris - all the parts I've replaced are stamped "CHINA" or some other overseas country, and they're proudly assembled in Mexico.

LOL Good try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000