Pci race radio antenna and helping wiring help

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Just got a pci radio for my xp and have some ????sss does the antenna have to be mounted above the car or will this do? View attachment 9117 Also does the antenna need to be grounded? Or as long as the radio it self is grounded are we good? As far as wiring the helmet I got this View attachment 9118 to go into this helmet View attachment 9116 has anyone used these before is there a special way to put them in or just find a spot pill and stick? I tried to search for the answers but didn't find anything to be of help. Thanks for all and any input.

Attachments

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Here is a video I found same idea . I did my open face like this but no pop rivets , I'll see how long it last that way. Also I was told to keep the hot glue away from any wires TO PREVENT ANY DAMAGE TO THE WIRE . Also put a little hot glue to the back side of the Velcro that goes to the helmet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfOYIfc28s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfOYIfc28s[/ame]

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
thanks rich :) any input on the antenna?:confused:
Mine is in the center of my metal roof and it works well . To my understanding the higher the better and grounding would make sent but that me thinking and not knowing for sure sorry don't want to lead you down the wrong road . I'm sure some one will chime in with these answers . I'll see if I can find some more info, but be leave or not utube always seem to have some thing if you don't get distracted like I always do . :D

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Mine is in the center of my metal roof and it works well . To my understanding the higher the better and grounding would make sent but that me thinking and not knowing for sure sorry don't want to lead you down the wrong road . I'm sure some one will chime in with these answers . I'll see if I can find some more info, but be leave or not utube always seem to have some thing if you don't get distracted like I always do . :D
How did you mount your speakers in your helmet? The video showed mounting the mic but not the ear pieces. Yea I talked to a couple diff people at off road wear house about the antenna and got 2 diff answers one said it will be fine where it is at in the pic and as long as the radio was grounded I would be good the other said up top would be better and that the antenna it self needs to be grounded. And yes I understand where you are coming from on you tube I type one thing in watch a video and then something else looks cool and I start watching other videos that has nothing to do with what I went on to watch haha

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
How did you mount your speakers in your helmet? The video showed mounting the mic but not the ear pieces. Yea I talked to a couple diff people at off road wear house about the antenna and got 2 diff answers one said it will be fine where it is at in the pic and as long as the radio was grounded I would be good the other said up top would be better and that the antenna it self needs to be grounded. And yes I understand where you are coming from on you tube I type one thing in watch a video and then something else looks cool and I start watching other videos that has nothing to do with what I went on to watch haha
I glued the Velcro piece to the helmet then put the ear piece with its Velcro to the one that's glued and then tucked the wiring be hind the padding . I did cut a small enough hole in the padding / fabric to pull the ear piece thru and then your wires are be tween the padding and the helmet .

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca

Attachments

phuggit

Broke
Feb 8, 2010
You need to determine if your antenna is a ground plane or non ground plane antenna. The ground plane one is best suited for mounting in the center of an aluminum roof where there other one can be mounted as you have yours.

droidage.......

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
You need to determine if your antenna is a ground plane or non ground plane antenna. The ground plane one is best suited for mounting in the center of an aluminum roof where there other one can be mounted as you have yours.

droidage.......
How would I determine this? It didn't come with any directions?

phuggit

Broke
Feb 8, 2010
Look at the bottom of the antenna. This is a non-ground plane vhf antenna (NGP). Yours should read something like 132-174 mhz NGP Base. Also don't loop any extra coax cable together. Cut it to length. If you bundle the extra coax together it really hurts how far your radio can RX/TX.

droidage.....

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000