Paul at ZT Fab is at it again

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
With the way the Best in the Desert season works, our off season could be considered the break between the first and second race of the year as it is almost 4 full months with no racing action. During this time we are taking the opportunity to make a few changes to the car and do some repair work that was long over do. What do we have in store for the down time? Well you could say that the car will be a whole new vehicle when it's all said and done! We will be making changes to the suspension, Motor package, and Chassis. Stay tuned as we will post regular updates of the car and the progress that is being made.

To get the ball rolling, we took our Kawasaki Teryx over to Paul at Zero Tollerance Fab to repair some damage that was done to the frame rails. The quality of work that Paul delivers is unbelievable! Follow along as Paul gives us a first hand look at what he has done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
To get the ball rolling, we took our Kawasaki Teryx over to Paul at Zero Tollerance Fab to repair some damage that was done to the frame rails. The quality of work that Paul delivers is unbelievable! Follow along as Paul gives us a first hand look at what he has done!
Paul is a awsome fabricator and a great friend. Shes looking good. Make sure to keep the photos coming mike!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Sweet lookin KAWASAKI TERYX, Hope to see you @ The PALA SPRING SERIES!!! Starts in 4 weeks!!!

I cant wait to see what the Aluim DASH looks like!!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
In no way shape of form do I care but you better be careful cutting that all off with BITD. Pierre or someone got robbed of a 1st place trophy for having their own a arms points (they werent the factory mounts).

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
In no way shape of form do I care but you better be careful cutting that all off with BITD. Pierre or someone got robbed of a 1st place trophy for having their own a arms points (they werent the factory mounts).

There will be nothing cut-off and replaced that is not done to factory specs. All of the suspension mounting points will be in the exact location as the original frame and all of the mounts themselves are OE Kawasaki pieces.

As with any rebuild with a spec class this build has already been approved by BITD and is being documented for review upon completion to ensure that it is done to their satisfaction.

I have repaired frames that raced in Casey's sanction before and he has always been easy to deal with as long as you are straight-forward and honest about what you are doing.

Mike L

Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA

Thanks for the heads up! You're right, I believe it was at the Terrible's 250 last year that that happened. He had replaced a couple of square tubes with round tubes if I remember correctly.

Our rebuild has been planned for some time and we have done our homework to find all the parts and pieces to repair it so it will be identical to the chassis that was under it and like Paul said we have done everything above board with nothing to hide so we shouldn't have any issues.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Mike, Paul, since you are discussing cutting off frame pieces, I have a question. The outrigger portion of the lower chassis frame (not the main frame backbone), can that be cut off and replaced with a stronger section or does it have to remain in place as original for BITD's rules. I know the rules state that you have to use the OEM chassis, but doesn't clarify whether that means just the backbone frame rails or includes the outrigger portions.
What size tubing is your cage built with and thickness?
Thanks, that's some nice looking work.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Hey Darryl....

Here are the rules per the UTVRA BITD rule book for the chassis'.

"All UTV vehicles must utilize the stock chassis (frame) and maintain stock appearance. The stock chassis (frame) is defined as the main lower rails running along the inner sides of the UTV and the front and rear tubes that connect them. Please refer to the drawing for a better description. Any modifications to the stock chassis (frame) must be pre-approved by a UTVRA tech inspector The stock chassis (frame) may be added to, for durability and strength, but must retain the stock width, length, and configuration...."

...and thanks for the compliments guys....but the pics haven't shown anything but me cutting off other people's work! :D

Stay tuned...updates will come after the weekend and you'll see some of the new work going into the car.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I appreciate the reply, I just downloaded the BITD 2010 UTV Rulebook this morning and saw that section had been added.
Looks like they've updated quite a bit of the rulebook, even allowing for power steering now.
Thanks again.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
that was us that got the dq at terrible town. That is the reason the rules are updated to frame rails, because we had everything else but the two frame rails.We put chromolly round instead trying to make stronger. What lasher is doing is all up to cory @utvra he has finall decision.Iam pretty much sure everything they are doing is fine because they are fixing destroyed stuff.What is still funny i still see no drawings or prints of what section of frame is to remain stock.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I would say that is because they are all different. pretty simple to understand main frame rails and stock arm pivot points though IMO.

Mike L

Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
Here are a few pics from the progress Paul made last week. The Rear frame is officially fixed!!! Paul knocked it out of the park on this one. I can't wait to see the rest of the work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000