Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I say there is a huge difference. The fundamental difference between a full boat sponsorship package and a discounted price for spare parts throughout the racing season is what the recipient brings to the table. Bring the goods.....get the goods. Plain and simple. You can draw an analogy to a mortgage loan:
If you have no track record of financially performing well, currently and in the past, you get no money. If you can show that you have some experience with financial accrual and management, you'll receive a little bit of support, but only if you are able to pick up the rest. Prove that you are a cash magnate, you'll get most any and all that you ask for.

Providing a few hours after work and weekends, passion for the sport, helping or racing in the past, none of these validate one receiving a sponsorship package (except maybe from Lay-z-boy! Sorry, I can't help but to be facetious:rolleyes:). Recent success, marketability, saturation in the market and desired demographics, relevant networking capacity, now were talking support. Add a little more, and maybe free cars are involved.

Sponsorship is like gambling, and a smart gambler always invests in the game with the highest payout percentage. Giving an "enthusiast" a free car is like playing slots or roulette. Give that same free car to Jagged X or Marc Burnett, now you're playing Black Jack baby!

What sucks in this equation is that the person or persons who need the help most, usually are not the ones who receive it. But in reality, they really haven't earned it. The question is, how bad do you want it? Bad enough to give the things that you enjoy up for it? Branden is a good model of a self-made racer. I don't know him, but I'm sure his eating and entertainment options are greatly reduced. Free time for friends, family, and hobbies....also gone. Hell, it appears that he even gave up "the vag":eek: in order to make a serious effort at racing. It's my guess he still is not getting free cars and full factory support. Let's face it. The only person one can support in off road racing is the promoter. Period. Race because you love it. If you also choose to live and breathe it, as Branden apparently has, then rewards (sponsorship) are sure to follow. Don't envy the support that the "factory" guys receive, because they have an obligation far above the enthusiast in receiving that support. An obligation that non-sponsored teams do not have, and are most likely unwilling or able to offer. What is good about our sport is the willingness of the participants to share technology. Not all of them, but enough so that you can minimize a costly learning curve.

You are correct i did give up a lot of the stuff i loved so much, but racing is where my heart is and I'm quite good at it. I eat leftovers and don't eat out often, i stay away from bars and night clubs as well, my spare time.... well i don't have any of that anymore.

As far as factory support, as of 2015 i am a contrtacted full Factory Polaris RZR athlete with a parts budget and cars. I earned it through hard work, persistence, achievements, and my ability to be a positive influence for the supporting company. Had it not been for these supporting companies 2015 would have most likely been a spectating year rather than a racing year.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Great points, great season and as a lifelong offroad racing fan I gotta say one of the great grassroots stories I've seen unfold. Congrats on doing it the right way and seeing that hard work and dedication pay off with your successes last year. We're proud to have played a small part in supporting the Sims Motorsports program, keep up the good work!
Thank you Bob, its people like you and the company that you own that has helped me get here. You manufacture the highest quality part in the skid plate business and without products/support from companies like yours i wouldn't be able to pursue my dreams.

Lets make 2015 the best year yet!!!!!

Thank you

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
You are correct i did give up a lot of the stuff i loved so much, but racing is where my heart is and I'm quite good at it. I eat leftovers and don't eat out often, i stay away from bars and night clubs as well, my spare time.... well i don't have any of that anymore.

As far as factory support, as of 2015 i am a contrtacted full Factory Polaris RZR athlete with a parts budget and cars. I earned it through hard work, persistence, achievements, and my ability to be a positive influence for the supporting company. Had it not been for these supporting companies 2015 would have most likely been a spectating year rather than a racing year.
You earned it alright! Keep up the great work B!

choptop0130

Jul 5, 2011
Would love to be able to post this portion about Brendan on other social media's in it's entirety. These kinda stories are not heard much anymore and offer inspiration! Even tho we run a lesser known series our struggles are very similar and sacrafices the same, sometimes even having to sit out a season so as to revamp our plans to be able to come back and be competitive the next season. Great story, thanks for sharing and inspiring others to push on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
My rookie year was spent being a privateer (2014)..... I went down to my local dealership got financed on a brand new Polaris RZR that i was going to have to stress about making the payments on. I used every last bit of cash i had saved up to purchase parts to go out and have the best year of my life racing in the big leagues. I built my entire race car by myself with the help of my dad and the occasional friend. I purchased every item on the car and had a couple sponsors that i begged to believe in me. Lonestar Racing must have saw some sort of potential or something because they were the first to offer any sort of help. I put parts on credit cards and built my car in our shop. I worked my normal 10 hour day job and was able to only work on my race car after work. Based on my results last year

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000
2nd Parker Desert Challenge .

I would say it is safe to say that any privateer that is wiling to give up any kind of relationship with the opposite sex, have no life, willing to work 6 hours on their race car after a 10 hour work day, is fully capable of being a competitive force.
This is what makes Americans Great and I wish Like hell more of the young Kids had the Desire to do stuff like this and Go after their dreams instead of sitting on there Asses in this new Entitlement State that's being created.
Great Job Branden

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
My rookie year was spent being a privateer (2014)..... I went down to my local dealership got financed on a brand new Polaris RZR that i was going to have to stress about making the payments on. I used every last bit of cash i had saved up to purchase parts to go out and have the best year of my life racing in the big leagues. I built my entire race car by myself with the help of my dad and the occasional friend. I purchased every item on the car and had a couple sponsors that i begged to believe in me. Lonestar Racing must have saw some sort of potential or something because they were the first to offer any sort of help. I put parts on credit cards and built my car in our shop. I worked my normal 10 hour day job and was able to only work on my race car after work. Based on my results last year

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000
2nd Parker Desert Challenge

I would say it is safe to say that any privateer that is wiling to give up any kind of relationship with the opposite sex, have no life, willing to work 6 hours on their race car after a 10 hour work day, is fully capable of being a competitive force.
very very well put man ! ( nice spelling on your name haha first ive ever seen the same as me)

what you have done is what i just started and hope to be able to throw up some good results this year as well. some things are worth spending every single spare minute and hour to enjoy the sport for a weekend. Luckly my girlfriend excepted the fact she cant stop me from workin on the car hahah. good luck this year. !

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000

So you don't like girls anymore?...... explains a lot!

CodyNygren

#1916 Lone Star Racing
Apr 25, 2013
Farmington, NM

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000

Well said!! Not only has Branden became a great friend and teammate but he has also provided hope and inspiration to fellow racers; such as myself, as well as other UTV enthusiasts that are looking at getting into desert racing. As all of us racers know there are times where your emotions, skill and money are at the bottom and you just wana give up and then you see another racer that has gone and experienced the same thing you are going through do good at the next race and it gives you hope again or just makes you bust out that credit card again and get back after it lol. Either way this is what it is all about I couldn't ask for a better bunch of friends and fellow racers to be spending all my time and blowing all my money with than what we have here!! So here's to a successful and fun 2015 to all!!

So you don't like girls anymore?...... explains a lot!
Don't let him full you he still makes time for his beas lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000