Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I have a good friend who runs the #1 or #2 dealership for all utvs in America. He nor the company (#1 in the world) doesn't give a rats ass about sponsoring utv racing.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I have a good friend who runs the #1 or #2 dealership for all utvs in America. He nor the company (#1 in the world) doesn't give a rats ass about sponsoring utv racing.
...?

Talking about Billy?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Every time we go to breakfast and Christmas parties and rides I try and work him over and he just laughs.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
It is amazing how many stock parts we use, when other people think we have other stuff. If a stock part sucks, then we will look at an alternative. But like our motor mount issue we had at the 1000, we decided to stay with a fresh stock part instead of a chromoly part. Why? Because if a new trick motor mount doesn't fail, what fails next? We know, and it is not a field repair, like we did at the mil.

I have said it again and again, build a solid car, test the chit out of it, prep it well, spend more time on 'you' (your driving skills and ability to go fast and not break chit) and you can win as a privateer in a two year old XP 900. Or you can show up with a super trick hot rod with zero testing with a 'fuel controller' or a high zoot motor and...suck.[/QUOTE]

you are correct when talking about stock parts if you make it stronger were is the next weak link. But I will say how much testing do you do on your car before all stock parts are replaced, that's the fine line you have to cross.

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
My local dealer, AZ West, has always been supportive and this year gave us a nice sponsorship to help us keep going. I have already helped them to sell a unit by sending them a customer. They help us, we help them. I guess it depends on the dealership.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
My local dealer, AZ West, has always been supportive and this year gave us a nice sponsorship to help us keep going. I have already helped them to sell a unit by sending them a customer. They help us, we help them. I guess it depends on the dealership.
That is awesome Lacrecia. I was going to mention that I saw Matt Kiel's Havasu dealership Arizona West Allsport on the side of your car. Also didn't you have Ride Now on the side of your car last year?

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
That is awesome Lacrecia. I was going to mention that I saw Matt Kiel's Havasu dealership Arizona West Allsport on the side of your car. Also didn't you have Ride Now on the side of your car last year?
Yes, that's right we had RideNow last year. Matt from AZ West is super excited to be on our team this year, we really like supporting our local dealer.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I don't think I said that.
In 2011 I was a privateer that spent my kids college tuition on racing, but in the end it worked out ok for all parties.
You can bitch about not getting support; or try and get results and get support. The OEM's (BRP and PII) do a great job of supporting Pro UTV racing, but there is a lot of sponsorships from people that make exhausts, wheels, build motors, build suspensions, shocks, seats, do paint/graphics, safety equipment, lights, axles, tires, communications, complete builds, clutches, drive belts, etc. And more importantly we need to get Powersports DEALERSHIPS involved to support UTV racing. They have the most to gain by being associated with the fastest growing segment of powersports. Kudos to Bert's for being a pioneer here. I was 'challenged' by a top competitor at the SCORE awards who wanted to know about our team. When I told him that it was only two guys, building, prepping, chasing and fixing two cars for six races in BITD (2 people x 6 races) and one car for five races in SCORE (one race almost equaled the total mileage of all of the BITD races), he was blown away. He thought it was a 'factory' deal with hordes of people. Not true, only two guys. The 'hordes' of people that do show up to the races are volunteers and are drawn to the fun and antics of the team. Viva UTV racing, it is fun. Let's not make it all political with everyone butt hurt over some stupid crap after a race. Let's continue to pull together and grow UTV racing.
Very well said Matt! I have had this racing conversation with many racing prospects. The huge cost numbers are quite intimidating. but this is the big leagues (for UTV racing) This is where the top teams compete. The factory support is a great thing but there are many other things that go into building a great "TEAM".

We try to share the knowledge, resources and experience that we have with other teams to help grow the sport. OEM's are always taking notes and they do recognize achievement.

This is still one of the least expensive classes and likely one of the most competitive and I feel most fun class out there!

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
You are telling me there is not a difference when a Factory team is handed a $20K car by their supporting factory sponsor, and a privateer team is coming out of pocket for that?
My rookie year was spent being a privateer (2014)..... I went down to my local dealership got financed on a brand new Polaris RZR that i was going to have to stress about making the payments on. I used every last bit of cash i had saved up to purchase parts to go out and have the best year of my life racing in the big leagues. I built my entire race car by myself with the help of my dad and the occasional friend. I purchased every item on the car and had a couple sponsors that i begged to believe in me. Lonestar Racing must have saw some sort of potential or something because they were the first to offer any sort of help. I put parts on credit cards and built my car in our shop. I worked my normal 10 hour day job and was able to only work on my race car after work. Based on my results last year

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000
2nd Parker Desert Challenge

I would say it is safe to say that any privateer that is wiling to give up any kind of relationship with the opposite sex, have no life, willing to work 6 hours on their race car after a 10 hour work day, is fully capable of being a competitive force.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
My rookie year was spent being a privateer (2014)..... I went down to my local dealership got financed on a brand new Polaris RZR that i was going to have to stress about making the payments on. I used every last bit of cash i had saved up to purchase parts to go out and have the best year of my life racing in the big leagues. I built my entire race car by myself with the help of my dad and the occasional friend. I purchased every item on the car and had a couple sponsors that i begged to believe in me. Lonestar Racing must have saw some sort of potential or something because they were the first to offer any sort of help. I put parts on credit cards and built my car in our shop. I worked my normal 10 hour day job and was able to only work on my race car after work. Based on my results last year

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000

I would say it is safe to say that any privateer that is wiling to give up any kind of relationship with the opposite sex, have no life, willing to work 6 hours on their race car after a 10 hour work day, is fully capable of being a competitive force.
All great points Branden but you still have to be able to drive. To many think its a HP race when suspension and being a fast driver who doesn't break the car are far more important.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

2nd King of The Hammers
3rd Mint 400
3rd Silver State 300
2nd Baja 500
1st Baja 1000

Sims is a perfect example as to how persistence, commitment and results can land you reward! Nice work Branden!

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
All great points Branden but you still have to be able to drive. To many think its a HP race when suspension and being a fast driver who doesn't break the car are far more important.
You are correct Hans, i was just trying to make the point that you can be a privateer and be competitive with the factory backed teams. It does take a lot of mechanical experiance, driving/racing skill, and many other factors. But it is possible

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Sims is a perfect example as to how persistence, commitment and results can land you reward! Nice work Branden!
You are correct Hans, i was just trying to make the point that you can be a privateer and be competitive with the factory backed teams. It does take a lot of mechanical experiance, driving/racing skill, and many other factors. But it is possible
Thank you Joey, you nailed each point there! I literally begged each company out there to offer me any kind of support and in return i would represent their company to my fullest potetial and that i would be a competitive force. I sold and liquidated every other toy i owned and had many countless nights where i slept a total of 3 hours to commit to this sport that i love so much. Thank you to everyone that has stood behind me and the members that i see that cheer me on every race, it doesn't go unnoticed

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Yes it is. Great job!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
You are telling me there is not a difference when a Factory team is handed a $20K car by their supporting factory sponsor, and a privateer team is coming out of pocket for that?
I say there is a huge difference. The fundamental difference between a full boat sponsorship package and a discounted price for spare parts throughout the racing season is what the recipient brings to the table. Bring the goods.....get the goods. Plain and simple. You can draw an analogy to a mortgage loan:
If you have no track record of financially performing well, currently and in the past, you get no money. If you can show that you have some experience with financial accrual and management, you'll receive a little bit of support, but only if you are able to pick up the rest. Prove that you are a cash magnate, you'll get most any and all that you ask for.

Providing a few hours after work and weekends, passion for the sport, helping or racing in the past, none of these validate one receiving a sponsorship package (except maybe from Lay-z-boy! Sorry, I can't help but to be facetious:rolleyes:). Recent success, marketability, saturation in the market and desired demographics, relevant networking capacity, now were talking support. Add a little more, and maybe free cars are involved.

Sponsorship is like gambling, and a smart gambler always invests in the game with the highest payout percentage. Giving an "enthusiast" a free car is like playing slots or roulette. Give that same free car to Jagged X or Marc Burnett, now you're playing Black Jack baby!

What sucks in this equation is that the person or persons who need the help most, usually are not the ones who receive it. But in reality, they really haven't earned it. The question is, how bad do you want it? Bad enough to give the things that you enjoy up for it? Branden is a good model of a self-made racer. I don't know him, but I'm sure his eating and entertainment options are greatly reduced. Free time for friends, family, and hobbies....also gone. Hell, it appears that he even gave up "the vag":eek: in order to make a serious effort at racing. It's my guess he still is not getting free cars and full factory support. Let's face it. The only person one can support in off road racing is the promoter. Period. Race because you love it. If you also choose to live and breathe it, as Branden apparently has, then rewards (sponsorship) are sure to follow. Don't envy the support that the "factory" guys receive, because they have an obligation far above the enthusiast in receiving that support. An obligation that non-sponsored teams do not have, and are most likely unwilling or able to offer. What is good about our sport is the willingness of the participants to share technology. Not all of them, but enough so that you can minimize a costly learning curve.

Factory UTV

FUTV - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Sacramento Ca
www.factoryutv.net
Great points, great season and as a lifelong offroad racing fan I gotta say one of the great grassroots stories I've seen unfold. Congrats on doing it the right way and seeing that hard work and dedication pay off with your successes last year. We're proud to have played a small part in supporting the Sims Motorsports program, keep up the good work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000