Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
I think everyone agrees that tech inspection was very thorough. Motors were checked in response to rumors about cheater motors and chassis were thickness tested as well. So without naming names were all motors under 1000 cc? I've heard rumors that some cages were well under .095. So were there any cages under the required .095? If so, how many and to what extent? Complete cage or just a post? I heard .060 but rumors are just that and unfair to those if they are not true.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Evidently our car was one of the cars fingered as having a cheater motor....whoever pointed that finger can suck it. F*ck'n Crybabies. We tech'd fine.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Evidently our car was one of the cars fingered as having a cheater motor....whoever pointed that finger can suck it. F*ck'n Crybabies. We tech'd fine.
You guys showed up late to tech. You were probably changing out a motor....

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
What I don't like about that rumor is that some people still think we are cheating, someone even told the tech people that we were down the road changing out a motor. Even tho it isn't true some people will believe it is. I wouldn't cheat, especially having important sponsors behind me.

Reactions: UTVMike24

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
How does a car that has never competed in a BITD race, or any race for that matter be allowed to race with out going through SAFETY INSPECTION first?

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
What I don't like about that rumor is that some people still think we are cheating, someone even told the tech people that we were down the road changing out a motor. Even tho it isn't true some people will believe it is. I wouldn't cheat, especially having important sponsors behind me.
The people that start those accusations are the same ones that put minimal effort towards their race program and blame the reason that they SUCK on everything but themselves.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
You're gonna need to cheat a lot more if you want better results than 6th

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I'm hearing motor cheats thrown around, but JoeyD posted up during the race that some cages didn't pass tech? Whats up with that? Just another rumor or any substance... No dog in the fight, just curious as to why there is a wall thickness rule, and if there is, why would you be allowed to run....

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
All of the power is not made in the Bore size. Head work , cams and every other motor trick makes the power and if everyone wants to cry about built motors and or the soon to be Turbos being modified in the Future then maybe Factory Stock motors that are tamper sealed but that Runs cost up and all kinds of other Logistic issues.:cool:

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Motors will now be sealed after being checked. If the seal is off at the next race it must be checked again.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Cheater motor this, skinny cages that, blah, blah, blah.

Here is performance tip #1: spend more time on the skinny pedal and less time on the fat pedal and you will go faster.

Here is performance tip #2: spend more time honing your 'race-craft' and less time worrying about fuel controllers, turbos, etc.

There...if you take this advice, I just moved each of you up 5-10 spots in the standings. Haha :D

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I think this is an opportunity to clear the air once and for all. Cory could help with that by laying out the facts. I think a post out of spec is one thing a complete cage is another. People have a right to know IMO.

Btw Justin that's a fast car......you were swapping all over the place when u passed. Was like a sand blowing machine!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Johnny's RZR, the machine that won, failed tech due to some door bars and interior gusset / lacing tubes being too thin. Cory gave him a one race pass. He will need to replace those tubes before next race.

Cory also confirmed that he will be sealing the engines. If that seal is removed or broken you will need to have it re checked at tech. Not a big deal if you have to change an engine between races or work on one.

The Burnett situation is sort of crazy. I mean I get it and I like Marc and I am glad he was able to make it to the race and compete and all but I am shocked it was approved. I for the life of me could not imagine what would happen if this situation occurred in TT or Class 1. Those guys would lose their mind if a competitor was allowed to just show up and run without technical inspection or attending a drivers meeting. I want to be clear, no one should be mad at Marc for this. That's a BITD decision.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Go ahead and let everyone run a cheater motor. They are just going to blow belts faster. Seriously it wasn't that hard to get to the spark plug on the last minute substitute car that we ran so sure, why not. It might have sucked on some cars though. Cheating with thin tubes? Don't think you would save enough weight to matter. But it is a safty issue that could effect the whole series if someone got hurt and BITD's insurance company got wind that a safty standard was allowed to slide.

I had a total of 4 hours from the time I layed eyes for the first time on car we ran to the time we had to load it in the trailer and head to tech. In those 4 hours we replaced a broke siren, mounted fire extinguishers, mounted mirrors, diagnosed a wiring problem with the rear lights, installed a proper fire wall over the under seat fuel cell and when through the rules line by line to make sure we would pass every item. The only performance thing I took the time to mess with is eye ball a rear alignment as it was visually way out of whack. We showed up at tech before it was officially supposed to close knowing cory had his own stuff to worry about. We hadn't even started the car and the battery was dead. We got a new battery hooked up right when it came our turn to tech.

At the race I saw one car with undersized fire extinguishers, one with no mirror, one with no main battery shut off and I wasn't even looking that hard. My point here is that people need to stop whining about cheaters and spend some time making sure their car is safe, for the good of every one. I'm not harping on cory for missing those items on those cars as he was there much later than planned and I am sure he was trying to get everyone through. But I do think if someone can't even read through the rules and follow them why are they even allowed to race?

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Having done my fair share of winning and loosing (occasionally) I have a great idea.

#1. If you are not registered to race, shut up.

#2. If you are registered to race and have a concern, it can ONLY be voiced to the proper BITD official that HAS the ability to make a decision OR the team in question.

#3. If someone does not follow rules 1 and 2, all the other racers get to tech their car at the next race.

It is amazing how many folks have never raced but have a problem with those that do. It is equally amazing how many people voice their concern on the forum before mentioning it to the team or BITD. Joey's info is great, but he is not complaining or competing so he has no fish to fry. Just good info. If someone takes issue, they should deal with it according to rules 1-3.

Now since I did not race this race, I will shut up.

Attachments

UTVMike24

UTV RACER
Jun 11, 2013
Henderson Nevada
We'll as for Tech and all the New cars and the length of time it took.Not that bad at all.But these New racers should read the rule book or call Cory BEFORE YOU GET TO THE RACE DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!! As for Cognito changing a motor in a parking lot Really like we all knew Cory was going to check motors !!
And the Cognito boys are Solid true racers and I'm not just saying that because we run Cognito suspension

As for the Race I'm Stoked we had 55 of us

As for the Race Dezert babies take that for a Golf cart race

Thanks to Utv Underground Crew

See you all at the UTV World Championship

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
How does a car that has never competed in a BITD race, or any race for that matter be allowed to race with out going through SAFETY INSPECTION first?
Go ahead and let everyone run a cheater motor. They are just going to blow belts faster. Seriously it wasn't that hard to get to the spark plug on the last minute substitute car that we ran so sure, why not. It might have sucked on some cars though. Cheating with thin tubes? Don't think you would save enough weight to matter. But it is a safty issue that could effect the whole series if someone got hurt and BITD's insurance company got wind that a safty standard was allowed to slide.

I had a total of 4 hours from the time I layed eyes for the first time on car we ran to the time we had to load it in the trailer and head to tech. In those 4 hours we replaced a broke siren, mounted fire extinguishers, mounted mirrors, diagnosed a wiring problem with the rear lights, installed a proper fire wall over the under seat fuel cell and when through the rules line by line to make sure we would pass every item. The only performance thing I took the time to mess with is eye ball a rear alignment as it was visually way out of whack. We showed up at tech before it was officially supposed to close knowing cory had his own stuff to worry about. We hadn't even started the car and the battery was dead. We got a new battery hooked up right when it came our turn to tech.

At the race I saw one car with undersized fire extinguishers, one with no mirror, one with no main battery shut off and I wasn't even looking that hard. My point here is that people need to stop whining about cheaters and spend some time making sure their car is safe, for the good of every one. I'm not harping on cory for missing those items on those cars as he was there much later than planned and I am sure he was trying to get everyone through. But I do think if someone can't even read through the rules and follow them why are they even allowed to race?
Johnny's RZR, the machine that won, failed tech due to some door bars and interior gusset / lacing tubes being too thin. Cory gave him a one race pass. He will need to replace those tubes before next race.

Cory also confirmed that he will be sealing the engines. If that seal is removed or broken you will need to have it re checked at tech. Not a big deal if you have to change an engine between races or work on one.

The Burnett situation is sort of crazy. I mean I get it and I like Marc and I am glad he was able to make it to the race and compete and all but I am shocked it was approved. I for the life of me could not imagine what would happen if this situation occurred in TT or Class 1. Those guys would lose their mind if a competitor was allowed to just show up and run without technical inspection or attending a drivers meeting. I want to be clear, no one should be mad at Marc for this. That's a BITD decision.
It is my guess that Cory considered craftsmanship and reputation when deciding to allow both Johnny and ourselves the chance to race. Johnny's car, like himself is a class act, and Marc has been racing in SCORE and BITD races for the better part of 25 years.

It's not like we drug our feet here, and strolled in late like rockstars to the season opener in Parker. We received a bare space frame from Thad at Fabwerx approximately 2 weeks prior to this event, and Thad was gracious enough to allow me into his shop from the beginning to help with the build. The suspension components from Long Travel arrived in house only 3 days before race day. The wiring wasn't started until Tuesday on race week. We worked tirelessly and diligently to make it to the race when we did. Marc drove an amazing 8,000 miles in the 2 weeks leading up to the race to keep me fed with parts and materials to complete the car. I was actually wrenching on the car in the enclosed trailer as Marc was driving (more like flying. The ride in the rear of a 45 foot enclosed trailer while traveling at speeds of up to 100 miles an hour is not smooth. Especially when making final suspension adjustments, mounting tracker devices, cutting and fitting skid plates on the fly..literally. Once unloaded, I still had to do a final front toe alignment, tighten brake lines, tap 2 holes for the skids, tighten the steering shaft, and address a few more items before sending Marc out.) For the record, there was a BITD official doing a visual inspection the moment the car rolled off of the trailer.

We didn't receive a contract from Polaris until early December, so this whole project had to be completed from scratch in just 30 short days in order to fulfill our obligation per the contract we signed. Cory allowing us to start the race under the circumstances he did was just amazing, and we are extremely grateful for his support. In doing so, we were able to begin our contractual obligations in good faith. Cory and Marc were in contact far before race day regarding safety and technical requirements, so Cory was familiar with our efforts.

I'm quite confident that anyone in disagreement with the accommodations made to us by Cory would have happily received them if they were in our shoes. Hey, look at the bright side, at least we didn't win the race! Congratulations Featherweight, ahem, I mean Moneybags on winning round one:rolleyes:. I was happy to see you and your handful of cash at the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000