>>>> Official Thread for the PURE "200" -JUNE 27-29, 2014

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Rodger, I'm not sure how many of us will be packed in my motorhome, but you are more than welcomed to stop by and grab some of the ac... or pay my buddy govacho :eek:

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I appreciate the offer but still don't understand the need to force everyone to wait all day. I'm gonna drive from Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday with my crew for prerunning and racing. If we leave bako at 9am and get home by 2am that's a 17 hour day for a 5-6 hour race.

Hammy149

May 8, 2014
Phoenix
How's the turnout looking for this race. I'm racing it regardless but I haven't been to a pure race since last year and I've heard they've grown quite a bit. A large purse would be nice.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
How's the turnout looking for this race. I'm racing it regardless but I haven't been to a pure race since last year and I've heard they've grown quite a bit. A large purse would be nice.
So far there's about $1800 as of today, we expect the Pro 1000 to be close to $3,000 by this time next week.
Not a bad piece of change for just fooling around in the dirt for 25-miles per lap, eight times; in the evening, in the dark, with about the "bitchenest" (do they still use that?) course we've laid out in a long time.
Yeah, I think it's going to be awesome (do they still use that as well?), maybe "sick?"

Get your entry in by next Thursday at 6 p.m. or before and you'll get your starting order by class, your race number, the race course map and also the "kml" file if you request it.
Don't forget to bring your current ISA membership card and if you don't have one, you can get the FUTVI (Formula UTV International) Association membership for the year for $25.00 which includes, your card, decals and a copy of the newly printed FUTVI Rule Book. These you can pick up when you check in at the start/finish.

See you soon.

Lou

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
So far there's about $1800 as of today, we expect the Pro 1000 to be close to $3,000 by this time next week.
Not a bad piece of change for just fooling around in the dirt for 25-miles per lap, eight times; in the evening, in the dark, with about the "bitchenest" (do they still use that?) course we've laid out in a long time.
Yeah, I think it's going to be awesome (do they still use that as well?), maybe "sick?"

Get your entry in by next Thursday at 6 p.m. or before and you'll get your starting order by class, your race number, the race course map and also the "kml" file if you request it.
Don't forget to bring your current ISA membership card and if you don't have one, you can get the FUTVI (Formula UTV International) Association membership for the year for $25.00 which includes, your card, decals and a copy of the newly printed FUTVI Rule Book. These you can pick up when you check in at the start/finish.

See you soon.

Lou

Can you please answer my question about the time gap bêtween the tech time and the start of the race?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I am thinking about coming out for this race? Does anyone want to lock up photo packages before the race? Based on the feedback on this post I will decide if I am coming or not. Pm me if you need more info.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Rusty takes some of the basest pics of racing out there. In my option having him at our race taking pics and seeing what this series is all about will be amazing for the series being he is with Utvunderground and is big in the utv world if could really get the word of the series out there and bring more races in. I will a guy out there taking pics of me but will also be getting a package deal from rusty cuz you can never have to many bad ass action shots of you out there doing what you love.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Rusty takes some of the basest pics of racing out there. In my option having him at our race taking pics and seeing what this series is all about will be amazing for the series being he is with Utvunderground and is big in the utv world if could really get the word of the series out there and bring more races in. I will a guy out there taking pics of me but will also be getting a package deal from rusty cuz you can never have to many bad ass action shots of you out there doing what you love.
We agree and we will help him get around to the best parts of the course.
Glad to have him. Just wish Matt, Josh and Joey would get off their duffs and come out and race with us. They've been promising to do so all last year. But I know they are busy with a lot of stuff, because my son, Lonnie, works with them, and I know he can't be here.
I can remember when Lonnie used to beg me to come and shoot our races, now I can't afford him! Hahaha!

Lou

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Racers:

We are getting close to the deadline for you to sign up for the PURE “200†for this coming weekend. You must have your entry in no later than Thursday, by 6 p.m. in order to be included for the drawing for starting positions, by Class. Anyone that signs up after the deadline will start at the end of each class.
Immediately following the deadline, we will draw and by 7 p.m. (also on Thursday), we should be able to give your starting positions and provide you with the “kml†Google Earth file to pre-run. You can pick up a course map on Friday or when we e-mail you the starting order.

It’s a terrific course taking into consideration that a good portion of it will be run at night. So we are doing all we can to make sure you can see the course markings, the reflective tape, and have an accurate “kml†file for you to race with. We strongly suggest you start getting used to racing with GPS as the future of our sport depends on how we structure our races in the coming years. This goes for everyone in our sport.

We are marking the last portion of the course tomorrow. We are making a few minor changes to the original concept but it is still going to be an awesome course! It’s rating, after the first 2 miles (which is going to be a 4.6-very slow), is going to be fast and I would say it is a 6.4 Rating (10 being fast as a freeway). But remember, there are a lot of “gotchas†caused by recent rain in our desert. Yes, rain. We don't get much rain in Cal City but on the outskirts of town there’s plenty. So please be careful. We strongly suggest you pre-run on Friday during the day and make your course notes right onto your GPS. Of course take a couple of laps in the dark as well.

Alan and I know that you are going to have a blast.
Everyone who participates must have a current ISA membership or must purchase a one-year membership ($25) for a FUTVI membership. You can do so at Tech.

Remember, Tech is going to be on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. – A “heat†break and then the Participant’s meeting at 5 p.m., with the first vehicle leaving the line at 6 p.m. Everyone has 6 hours to complete 200 miles +/-. We have 8 laps 25 miles each to complete the event. First vehicle to finish all 8 laps gets the Checkered flag and all others follow thereafter.

We look forward to seeing many of you this weekend.

And for reasons too long to explain right now, we have moved the CAL-CITY’S OFF-ROAD DAYS to December 27-28, 2014 in conjunction with our 2nd Annual California City Gran Prix. More details to follow but attached is some of the information.

Thank you.

Lou

Attachments

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
I appreciate the offer but still don't understand the need to force everyone to wait all day. I'm gonna drive from Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday with my crew for prerunning and racing. If we leave bako at 9am and get home by 2am that's a 17 hour day for a 5-6 hour race.
"Well, as they say, you can please some of the people but not all the people..."

We could have everything happen on Saturday, and I agree, it would be much simpler for all. But that's not how it works. We have designated all of Friday from Noon until midnight for pre-running. That's how our permit is structured.
Of course nothing is to say that you could not show up Friday night, at, let's say 11 p.m. and start your pre-run, and maybe even take a couple of laps during the late night. I'm not going to be up at that time to check you out.
So you pre-run, then go to sleep and then you are ready in the morning for tech. You wouldn't have to take a trip back to Bakersfield that way.
Having people pre-run just before the event often presents problems. People break down, get hurt, can't get to them in time. No we don't want those problems.

The gap between Tech and the race itself is not unusual. For us old timers we used to do that all the time, especially when we used to race in Barstow for the 4th of July Fireworks 250 race. We got up early Saturday, made tech and then waited until about 5 p.m. when the race started.

We start at 6 p.m. for this race because usually the heat in June is pretty awesome. By the way, Temperature on Saturday: 100 degrees at 11 a.m. and 71 degrees at 7 p.m. I'd say perfect!!!

Hope that explains it to you.

Regards,

Lou

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
"Well, as they say, you can please some of the people but not all the people..."

We could have everything happen on Saturday, and I agree, it would be much simpler for all. But that's not how it works. We have designated all of Friday from Noon until midnight for pre-running. That's how our permit is structured.
Of course nothing is to say that you could not show up Friday night, at, let's say 11 p.m. and start your pre-run, and maybe even take a couple of laps during the late night. I'm not going to be up at that time to check you out.
So you pre-run, then go to sleep and then you are ready in the morning for tech. You wouldn't have to take a trip back to Bakersfield that way.
Having people pre-run just before the event often presents problems. People break down, get hurt, can't get to them in time. No we don't want those problems.

The gap between Tech and the race itself is not unusual. For us old timers we used to do that all the time, especially when we used to race in Barstow for the 4th of July Fireworks 250 race. We got up early Saturday, made tech and then waited until about 5 p.m. when the race started.

We start at 6 p.m. for this race because usually the heat in June is pretty awesome. By the way, Temperature on Saturday: 100 degrees at 11 a.m. and 71 degrees at 7 p.m. I'd say perfect!!!

Hope that explains it to you.

Regards,

Lou
I have no issue with the Friday pre running or the night race. Those are awesome Just the 5 hour gap inbetween tech and the actual race.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Stumpwerks is Bringing our crack film crew out for a cool shoot...see ya guys out there

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Good luck to everyone racing! I miss this series!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000