}}}} OFFICIAL PURE 225 Thread - August 9, 2014 {{{

Jason

Shock Guy
Feb 8, 2009
RADFLO SUSPENSION WILL BE THERE FRIDAY - Anyone looking to try out our new XP1000 shocks along with a set of Wildcats on hand to test let me know.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
The unofficial results for the PURE "225" are now up on www.averacing.com or you can go directly to this link: http://www.averacing.com/2014-pure-1000-utv-s-x-s-series/pure-225-next-aug-8-9/results/

Thanks to everyone for participating and now we're ready for the gran finale, the "double-Points-paying PURE "275" event, October 17-19. Check it out. The event is scheduled to start Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Registration and check-in will be Friday night between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. - Location to be announced.
Pre-running opens Friday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.

See you then.

AVE

Attachments

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Lou: I logged every car every lap until our vehicle completed L6 when we walked to the finish line to congratulate our driver and the other finishers. Lap time for L1 was fastest around 48-56 mins for the leaders. Lap times got longer for most everyone as the race went on to about 51-55 minutes or so. I just noticed your "unofficial results" lap times. Santiago #1006 clearly was the fastest out there versus my recorded times for them. Upon further review of the lap times vs. my recorded times every one seem pretty much in accordance with yours till I stopped recording as #1000 finished. I just noticed your sheet shows that on L5 #1008 ran a 18 minute lap! The 1016 ran L6 in 34 minutes and the 1031 ran L6 in 39 minutes or approximately 15-20 minutes faster than they had been averaging through 5 laps. Seems unusual that two cars could reduce their average lap time by 1/3 the last lap doesn't it?

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Congrats to both of our guys Mario for taking first, and Logan with a 3rd! Awesome job guys!

Nate
Alba Racing

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Lou: I logged every car every lap until our vehicle completed L6 when we walked to the finish line to congratulate our driver and the other finishers. Lap time for L1 was fastest around 48-56 mins for the leaders. Lap times got longer for most everyone as the race went on to about 51-55 minutes or so. I just noticed your "unofficial results" lap times. Santiago #1006 clearly was the fastest out there versus my recorded times for them. Upon further review of the lap times vs. my recorded times every one seem pretty much in accordance with yours till I stopped recording as #1000 finished. I just noticed your sheet shows that on L5 #1008 ran a 18 minute lap! The 1016 ran L6 in 34 minutes and the 1031 ran L6 in 39 minutes or approximately 15-20 minutes faster than they had been averaging through 5 laps. Seems unusual that two cars could reduce their average lap time by 1/3 the last lap doesn't it?
I don't know if some of you or your crew noticed that during the race, our big lights went off for a few minutes. This happened several times during the race. In fact our generator stopped working for some strange reason (bad fuel, bad something) several times and it went off. It was at that time that it was important that we maintain records of lap times manually, for that very same reason: Just in case of problems.
At that point in time, computation between laps was done manually and NOT by the computer, until we got everything sorted out.
However, and this is very important, in any event, the two most important times that need to be exact are the time the vehicle starts the race and the exact time the vehicle ends the race. All other information about a vehicle is just that; information.

Having said that, if someone posts a very fast lap, better that the others for that vehicle and better, much better, in fact than most others, we immediately check the "trackers" to see if there were any course deviations.

This morning, we only checked the top tree finishers to make sure that each of their six laps were done exactly as the course was marked. We saw no "major" infractions and even when penalized it did not affect the results.
We can also go to the "raw" times for every vehicle. That's the exact time four separate people record each vehicle when it crosses the start/finish. Each recorder may be off by one or two seconds but not by much more than that. So we also check "raw" lap times.

Between now and by the time these results become official (Aug 20th), we will have checked every tracker for every vehicle that raced and scored accordingly.
Rest assured that even if the lap times seem too fast or not in accordance with most of the lap times, we check them to make sure each vehicle stayed on the marked course. If not, you will see additional penalties when the results become official.

Lou
AVE

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000