}}}} OFFICIAL PURE 225 Thread - August 9, 2014 {{{

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
We are going out next week early to double check a couple of sections of the PURE "225" course and then we"ll be marking the course the Wednesday and Thursday before the race.
This time we are using white and red or pink fluorescent ribbons togethers plus reflective tape throughout.
The "225" will start at 7 pm with six hours to finish a pretty fast 38 mile course.
Start/Finish is at the AV RANCHO 138th & Proctor.

We will have "course monitors" around the course. If you are interested in volunteering to be a "course monitor" let us know. Email me at [email protected]. You must have either a cell or a radio to communicate with us. You'll be given official t-shirt and if you have a GPS unit in your truck the course will be uploaded to your GPS.

Go to: www.averacing.com

MORE DETAILS COMING SHORTLY.

AVE RACING.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
We are going out next week early to double check a couple of sections of the PURE "225" course and then we"ll be marking the course the Wednesday and Thursday before the race.
This time we are using white and red or pink fluorescent ribbons togethers plus reflective tape throughout.
The "225" will start at 7 pm with six hours to finish a pretty fast 38 mile course.
Start/Finish is at the AV RANCHO 138th & Proctor.

We will have "course monitors" around the course. If you are interested in volunteering to be a "course monitor" let us know. Email me at [email protected]. You must have either a cell or a radio to communicate with us. You'll be given official t-shirt and if you have a GPS unit in your truck the course will be uploaded to your GPS.

Go to: www.averacing.com

MORE DETAILS COMING SHORTLY.

AVE RACING.
Should matter marking the course starting Thursday and finishing Friday morning before pre run so there is less chance of people going out there and fucking with it. Also course monitors should have guns :) just saying.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Should matter marking the course starting Thursday and finishing Friday morning before pre run so there is less chance of people going out there and fucking with it. Also course monitors should have guns :) just saying.

How about Humnvees on the course, fully loaded? Hahaha!

The Awards/Drivers meeting is for 5 pm and the race will start at 7 pm. 2 hours I believe is plenty of time to stage.
Immediately following the conclusion of the meeting everyone can begin staging. You don't have sit in the car all that time but once you are staged in the order listed you are locked in. If everyone cooperates this should be a simple task.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
How about Humnvees on the course, fully loaded? Hahaha!

The Awards/Drivers meeting is for 5 pm and the race will start at 7 pm. 2 hours I believe is plenty of time to stage.
Immediately following the conclusion of the meeting everyone can begin staging. You don't have sit in the car all that time but once you are staged in the order listed you are locked in. If everyone cooperates this should be a simple task.
Humanness work.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
LATEST NEWS - WED, JUL 23, 2014 -
CALIFORNIA CITY, CA

INFORMATION:

Racers:

The PURE “225†course will be new to most of you. Those of you who have been racing with us for a while will recognize certain parts of it but they have not been used for a while. There are a couple of washes that have not been used at all. Therefore, I think you’re going to have a terrific time with this semi-new course.
It will be fast, so gear up. No major hills or climbs, however, with speed comes danger.
As a result we want to caution everyone to be extremely careful, since there will be some people still out in the desert, even though we will be starting an hour later this time.

This time, you don’t have to come on Friday to pre-run and stay all day on Saturday before the start of the race.

Friday is still open from 12 Noon until Midnight to pre-run the course. Those of you who would like to camp out CAN do so on Friday, you are welcome.
For those of you who are coming on Saturday only, here is the schedule:

THURSDAY, AUGUST 7 – 6 p.m. – Entries close in order to be included in the drawing for starting positions, by Cass. Entries received after 6 p.m. on Thursday evening will automatically be put at the end of their respective classes. Late entries go to the end of the starting order.
7 p.m. We will draw for starting positions.
8 p.m. we will try to post the starting order on our website and mail to each paid entry the order and the “kml†Google Earth file

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8 – NOON to Midnight – Pre-running all day. No pre-registration, not checking in, unless we announce it at the last minute. Not anticipated at this time.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, RACE DAY –
7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Official Pre-running – You must be already entered to pre-run the event. No refunds to anyone who breaks and cannot compete
2 p.m. Check-in and “Late†Registration opens – All participants must be members of FUTVI
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – TECH Opens. All vehicles must be tech’ed before they can start the event
5 p.m. – AWARDS from previous race (P200) and Drivers Meeting (mandatory) follows
5:30 P.M. – TRACKING UNITS WILL BE ISSUED - $35 per entry for this event
6:15 p.m. – START STAGING YOUR VEHICLE ACCORDING TO STARTING ORDER
6:30 p.m. ALL vehicles must be staged according to starting order. Driver/Navigator do not need to be in the vehicle once it has been staged and locked into position.
7 p.m. – Start of the event – One car every 30 seconds. You miss staging you will be put in the back of the line entire line

THE PURE “225†EVENT – CONSISTS OF SIX (6) - 38-PLUS MI LAPS. First team to complete all six laps, the Checkered flag is displayed and everyone else must finish the lap they are in and get the Checkered flag as well, no matter how many laps have been completed less than six (6).

FINISHER PLATES/PINS will be handed to driver who crosses the finish line.

If you DO NOT complete the first lap, you will get “starting points†only which are 30 pts.
If you complete at least one lap then you will be given points according to your finishing position in Class.
NO SHOWS do not get points

We will get into more details regarding the course and any other matters that may come up at the Driver’s Meeting. It’s imperative that all drivers/navigators attend.

We will have additional “Course Monitors†around the course. However, if you know of someone who has a 4WD vehicle, has a radio and/or cell and would like to be part of our eyes and ears along the course, please have them get in touch with us. I can be reached at: 661.524.1550 or better yet, [email protected] and we will get them signed up.

Good luck and send your entry in early. Be sure to include your t-shirt size as each entry receives a free event t-shirt if you send it in before the drawing occurs. Additional t-shirts when ordered with entry form are $10 each. Regular t-shirt price for this event is $15.00.

We look forward to seeing many of you. We also have at least four new entries who are first-timers. Let’s all welcome them. One in particular has no one to help him but wants to race. I assured him that we have a great bunch of people and I’m sure some of you will help.

Thank you and see you in a couple of weeks.

Go to: www.averacing.com for entry forms and FUTVI application forms for each participant if you do not have your membership card.

LOU
AVE Racing

Attachments

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
I love that unit. I want one to patrol the corse.

It reminds me of a vehicle we used to see years ago called "La Bamba" down in San Felipe during our off road races there.
Love it!

Perkins1026

Jul 28, 2014
Unfortunately Christina and I will not be at the race, we are having Sparks Racing build us a new 975cc 2014 motor. But we will be ready foe Vegas to Reno. Let's hope the crazy people in the blue stationwagon stay away and let everyone race. Good luck.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I did a photo shoot with this car today. He will be there.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
That's awesome to see more new cars showing up!!!! But, unfortunately we won't be there :mad: Good luck to everyone this weekend and be safe out there with the desert rats :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000