New Yamaha?

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Poor Yamaha. Just getting worked over. And every wannabe insider company is posting the leaks to look like they are in the know. The blood is in the water. There goes the element of surprise. Someone will get fired for this image as it appears to come strait out of their facility. Unless it was planned.
If the leaks aren't planned they should be, it keeps people talking about it for a month straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
My sentiments exactly.

Still though, can't believe they went with an A-Arm rear suspension. That will definitely limit travel compared to others. Unless I am missing something in that image. Maybe it is a trailing arm set up?
I believe the trailing arm is centered on the vehicle like the shape of an A.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I don't think Yamaha is getting worked over Joey. I think these are planned leaked photos, just like Polaris pictures suddenly show up a week or two before their show. Every website about UTVs is talking about the Yamaha.

Continues to build the excitement over the release.

Sure looks like some type of a-arm set up with that rear shock angle.

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
If it has a rear A arm set up were probably looking at maybe 9-10" of travel stock and maybe 14" with long travel in a 1800lb car = no bueno! No doubt Yamaha build quality will be top notch but as I see it now they may have missed the target, we will see

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
They get that from the carb paper which we determined it isn't the weight. It's what they call EIM. that sure looks like a pivot point where the color changes blue to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I don't think Yamaha is getting worked over Joey. I think these are planned leaked photos, just like Polaris pictures suddenly show up a week or two before their show. Every website about UTVs is talking about the Yamaha.

Continues to build the excitement over the release.

Sure looks like some type of a-arm set up with that rear shock angle.
I can tell you for a 100% fact that the Polaris images are not planned leaks.

I think the fender photo could have been planned but not the full image like that and for sure not the specs sheet for patent application.

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
1800lbs? Where you getting that number? Looking at it there is not way it weighs that much. Even the 4 seaters dry weight is not 1800lbs.
I heard that from another post but it looks to be incorrect my mistake, but I am disappointed in what I have seen so far and I am a old Rhino guy so I'm cheering them on. One thing I think we can see in the future are paddle shifters and no more CVT's on the new generation of cars

SixGunMatt

Oct 11, 2013
I heard that from another post but it looks to be incorrect my mistake, but I am disappointed in what I have seen so far and I am a old Rhino guy so I'm cheering them on. One thing I think we can see in the future are paddle shifters and no more CVT's on the new generation of cars
CARB paper work looks like this will be a manual 5 speed, no paddle shifters. And the diagram shows a shifter in the center console area. So unless a disgruntled employee has the huevos to post a walk-around video, we'll probably have to wait until Sep 1 to know for sure.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Ok Joey, you are probably right on the trailing arms, but something is up with that suspension??

Reactions: JoeyD23

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
CARB paper work looks like this will be a manual 5 speed, no paddle shifters. And the diagram shows a shifter in the center console area. So unless a disgruntled employee has the huevos to post a walk-around video, we'll probably have to wait until Sep 1 to know for sure.

I am only referring to the fact that both Yamaha and Honda have set the bar on the transmissions of the future cars, whether that is clutched, shifted or paddle shifter( personally like old school shifter )

One thing for certain this is all speculation and until this is officially launched we really don't know much, were all just playing on our keyboards.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
If there are ANY disgruntled Yamaha employee's out there, please post a walk around video.....I'd like to see the whole enchilada.....also, start up the motor and do some donuts in the warehouse....thanks in advance, Dave

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
with it looking relatively narrow and with A arms, maybe this will be considered their "Trail Sport" Doesn't make sense with the desert teasers but by the looks of it, it could be. After all, how many models are we into the "5 new models in 5 years" thing?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I'm not sure why everyone thinks if it has a arms it cant be long travel. Although judging by the tire height I dont think its going to have XP numbers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000