New changes to the SDR/Lucas Oil Race Rhino

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Just got some new pics of some changes Tim at SDR did to the SDR Motorsports/Lucas Oil Race Rhino to get it ready for racing Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. New chromoly front and rear bumpers (removable). The current rear bumper is my short course bumper, and can be swapped out for the original desert bumper which holds 2 spares. Front bumper is extra beefy for desert race Nerfings, and has tabs for 2 checkers HIDs. Built to take a beating! and give one if necessary (like passing Jeep Speed trucks)

Also got a new dash/ center console, had them drop the hood 2 1/2" and some sweet Twisted stitch window nets (sorry, not installed in the pictures).

Sorry its so dirty, this was just before taking it out to the desert for some runs in the 100 degree heat to make sure the motor was staying cool (which it was!) Ill post more pics once I get everything powdered and cleaned up nice.

Tim also made some suggestions for suspension tuning for the SDR Motorsports LT6, and they worked great. This thing is a blast to drive!

Thanks TIM! and everyone at SDR!!

Reactions: 1 person

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Looks good, take out those tail lights for short course, I still run the headlights in the sockets though. but that is up to you, you gonna make the next round at Lucas?, still need to use my Carb???

I suggest adding some side nerf bars, you might need those.

Wild Earp

Thanks Rog! Yeah, lll make it, one way or another.

Im going to order a FCR from Chris, so hopefully Ill have that by then and wont need to borrow yours.

Ill have my new Hellion hood on by then, so no front lights. Ill definetaly pull the LED brake lights out though. I tried to protect them best I could, but, you never know!

Plan on dropping it back off at SDR for nerf bars this week! Side panels and Wraps are expensive!! gotta protect them.

So are you racing?

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Thanks Rog! Yeah, lll make it, one way or another.

Im going to order a FCR from Chris, so hopefully Ill have that by then and wont need to borrow yours.

Ill have my new Hellion hood on by then, so no front lights. Ill definetaly pull the LED brake lights out though. I tried to protect them best I could, but, you never know!

Plan on dropping it back off at SDR for nerf bars this week! Side panels and Wraps are expensive!! gotta protect them.

So are you racing?
Looks like I will make another round.

spody3

Wine Spody Odey - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Washington
any specs on how low the seats are, height from floor to cage??? anything like that.. thanks and pics of the dash???

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Great to meet you at the track Ben, I cannot remember if I said this to you or not, in the pic you have the ST tip on the muff, take it off, def makes more power. :)

hope you can shed some rhino weight before the next round in AZ, hope to see ya there.

Rog

Wild Earp

Thanks Rog, I guess I had it in my head we had to run a spark arrestor. Off it comes!

By the next race Ill be down a minimum of 50 lbs, if not more, and will have a built bottom end, my PDM 4 puck back on, and a more radical cam for sure. Not sure if Im going to up the compression or not, well see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000