New BITD points rule for 2015

Dec 20, 2011
Starting in 2015. There will be a new points rule. The rule is if a racer finishes all the races in the BITD series (no DNF's). That racer will receive a 50 point bonus at the end of the season. All other points rules will stay the same.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
50 points seems pretty substantial. How many points are awarded on a typical weekend?

And they said at the Henderson 250 drivers meeting only your 6 best races out of 7 count for the season.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Seems like if you make every race without a DNF your chances would be pretty good already. The 50 points should be awarded for starting every race. But I'm just a arm chair racer so i have no dog in this.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Starting in 2015. There will be a new points rule. The rule is if a racer finishes all the races in the BITD series (no DNF's). That racer will receive a 50 point bonus at the end of the season. All other points rules will stay the same.
why even have a throw out race then? I am not sure i like this bonus.

Reactions: 1 person

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Scenario:

Cory Sappington wins every race of 2015, except for a dnf at Henderson which will be his 1 dropped race.

Burnett gets 3rd, 4th, and 5th at every race all season long and still wins the championship.

Scratching my head on this one....

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
There is much more to this story than what has been posted. This is for EVERY class and also no more double point races.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Yes the rule is fore all classes, and yes no more double points race.
The problem I have is that if a racer dnf's a race early in the season their chances of winning a championship are almost zero.

On the other hand the bonus does not really help the teams who do finish every race. This year going into Henderson the top 5 teams had finished every race do adding 50 points to all of them would have no affect on the outcome. However the bonus puts a bigger gap between the front runners and the mid pack guys

I think this hurts the incentive for racers to compete all season after having a bad race

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Yes the rule is fore all classes, and yes no more double points race.
The problem I have is that if a racer dnf's a race early in the season their chances of winning a championship are almost zero.

On the other hand the bonus does not really help the teams who do finish every race. This year going into Henderson the top 5 teams had finished every race do adding 50 points to all of them would have no affect on the outcome. However the bonus puts a bigger gap between the front runners and the mid pack guys

I think this hurts the incentive for racers to compete all season after having a bad race
i agree totally

Greenee

Nov 16, 2011
50 points seems like a lot.... :eek: Maybe 25 points. This would still allow a guy who had one DNF and won 3 races to win a Championship? :confused::confused::confused:

Jug Bug

Sep 6, 2014
I've never seen important rule changes NOT presented to the racing body or board of some kind to get feedback etc BEFORE making a decision.. I've also never heard of any sanctioning body or rule making authority (Govt, Private, or otherwise) abruptly announce a new rule out of the blue. First the turbo rule......which I doubt would have passed if it had a chance to be vetted but wasn't. Now this.....I've seen points awarded for making every race but never for finishing. This much I do know is that if it's done behind the scene then it raises a lot more questions than answers. I don't see the transparency here.

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
I don't like it, we "Team South" DNF'd at Parker this year, but knew it could be our throw out race. We knew we had to finish every race after to be in contention. And we did,but I don't think we'd have had that same determination if we knew our season was basically over. As previously stated, there's no point in a dropped race if your receiving bonus points for finishing all races.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
so the question is will more or less people show up to race Henderson under this format? I say "less" 1 dnf and your out of points why waste your equipment when the season starts so close. Why do UTV race 7 races and TT race 6?

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
I dont like the "throw out race" or the "finish bonus". I think if a team commits to racing the season, then they should get all the points they earn. The current points system with the throw out race, awards teams for having a poor finish or DNF and penalizes teams that do well all year, that really stinks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000